• 448 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3027 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake Wars Suggestion

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by ElementBear, Jun 7, 2019.

?

Should they be added

1. Yes, great idea.

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Na, this isn't a great idea

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that Cake Wars should have water buckets in the emerald shop. These water buckets would cost up to 10 emeralds. I believe that they should be added because it can make more ways to defend your cake, and it can also be used strategically. Water buckets should be added to the game mode.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  2. Water just wouldn't fit in with Cake Wars in my opinion. It could be used to spam and others could use it to exploit the map and sit under it for the entire game. There are plenty of Cake defenses already in existence and no one really uses the extra ones in place. Most of the time, Wool, Wood, Endstone, and Obsidian are used for Cakes and we also have traps to defend the Cake as well. Since water isn't needed and it wouldn't fit well with Cake Wars, I'll be giving this a -1

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  3. When you camp say under the map, "bats" automatically attack and kill you

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Tryoxiss likes this.
  4. I understand that, but you can still sit 1-2 blocks below the map and still not be attacked by bats.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  5. Yep I think if you stay in one place for too long bats slowly take away from your health pool.

Other then that water I think would fit in nicely. Multiple reasons:
    1) Safe if you fall off
    2) Defend cake better
    3) Put yourself out from fire.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  6. Hey! In my opinion, your idea that you presented would be a great addition to the CakeWars game. It will not only protect your cake but it will also protect you. The only problem I see with having this occurs on our Bedrock servers. For some odd reason, water is practically impossible to place leading to our Bedrock players not able to use this item. So as of the moment, I will have to give your idea a +0, as I have mixed emotions about it. At one point, it will be to good use, but at another, it would be no use. Thank you for your suggestion and I wish you luck with it!

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Admeen3581 likes this.
  7. Maybe just Java only?

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  8. Hello,

I'm going to have to give a big disagree on this idea.

Firstly, there's just no need. I might understand if there was some big problem with TNT being overpowered and people needed a way to combat it, but in Cake Wars, games works perfectly fine without water and should stay that way. In other similar gamemodes, water has proved to be very annoying in all aspects. Especially team trolling. No one wants to wade through water for 20 seconds because some troll thought it would be funny to put it there. Also, Cake Wars islands aren't exactly the biggest islands to properly make water defenses leading to people who actually use the water to cause their whole base to be inevitably flooded or make some awkward extension around their Cake island to prevent the water defense from cluttering their base. Lastly, water is just annoying. It makes games take a lot longer than needed and makes it very difficult to break anything. Therefore, for the sake of trying to keep games fast paced and fun, water is just not needed and would only be a detriment to the game.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  9. Going to have to give this idea a -1, I just don’t think it fits or is necessary in the game as of right now. I was confused by one point brought up by @Admeen3581 :
    To my knowledge, which I could very well be wrong, there currently is no way to be set on fire in Cakewars. As such, the point doesn’t really make sense. Putting that aside, however, as said above by @Wiz_Techno , trolling would be a big issue, as water can be extremely annoying to deal with. For these reasons, I’m going to have to disagree with your idea.
    Sincerely, RedditCredit

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Tryoxiss, Jaekub and Wiz_Techno like this.
  10. I thought you could. Well I guess you learn something everyday :)

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  11. I'm not in favor of this idea. Adding water buckets is a fundamental change to gameplay and the style of the game. It seems that the way you presented it you just cited a few things you can do with it, but in my opinion it would change the underlying structure of the game. This is due to what you can do with it. Like previously cited, you can hide in new places, you can break your fall damage which would change many attack styles, you could mess up all of the islands and "litter" them with water source blocks, you could team troll, the list goes on.

I don't think CW needs a fundamental change at this time as there hasn't been community rallying for CW updates, and the game currently is one of our most popular, on Java anyway.

If this was implemented, like also mentioned previously, there have been other introductions that the game just evolved not to use. Like I stated, I believe this would fundamentally change the game, but it could also lead to not being used at all.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  12. Maybe add a mechanic too it where you only get one or two uses out of it and it doesn’t fall off edges meaning that you can’t camp out below the map.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  13. Do. Not. Add. Watter. Or. I. Will. Only. Play. Skywars. And. SSM.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  14. A bit late on this discussion but after being discussed by Game Insights and the community, we’ve decided that water buckets aren’t needed in Cake Wars. There would be too many issues that players would come across in terms of gameplay, such as flooding the map, blocking off areas and in general can interrupt fights. Overall, it’s just unnecessary. Going to be locking the thread as no further discussion is needed. If you have any other ideas, please create another thread. Have a good day!

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.