• 2010 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2010 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake wars vote to kick idea

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Alycat, Jun 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey! I have an idea for cake wars. Lots of people end up going AFK during the game, which is really annoying because most of the time they end up going AFK on the generator and they steal lots of items. To fix this problem, I came up with an vote to kick system. If someone is AFK, a teammate can vote to kick them from the game. A notification will appear in the chat (for the team only), and if the rest of the team votes to kick them also, the player will be kicked to the hub. This way, we won’t have to deal with AFK players!

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  2. The items go to everyone who is on the generator, not just one person at a time. Also, a person may be sitting by the generator while waiting to have enough resources to buy something. There is also an AFK detector that automatically kicks players who are AFK for a long time. A vote kicking system would really not be necessary and would often times be incorrectly used to kick the wrong players.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    jis likes this.
  3. Could work, but also a pretty good potential to get abused. I feel like they'd have to be inactive for (x) seconds in order to initiate a vote kick, don't think it's necessary though as there's already an AFK kick sytem.

Posted Jun 5, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 5, 2020
    Parkzr and Alycat like this.
  4. Personally I don’t think this is needed.
    I would consider it if there wasn’t an AFK timer. The idea poses a problem with trolling. If there’s group of friends in a game, they could easily vote to kick someone out of the game for no reason. Plus with the fact that we already have an AFK timer, I don’t really think it’s needed to add.
    Like said above, the generator still gives items to people if more than one person is on the generator as well.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  5. I don't like this idea cause the generator gives equal items however if you go away the generator doesn't stack so I could see how this is a problem. You could always find a way to move that person with a tnt Polly maybe.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  6. Hey!
    I personally don't think this is neccessary to be implemented. As others have said, Mineplex already has an AFK system that will kick you after a certain period of time. Also, resources on the generator are distributed equally so you really aren't losing anything if you are on the generator as well. However, I understand it can be annoying when you're running around and come back to a player sitting on the resources that is afk however, I don't think its a huge problem because like I said, if they are AFK for a period of time, they get kicked. As well as what @Nite0wl mentioned above, the "voting to kick" could easily be abused and that isn't fair to other players.

-1 idea

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  7. I'm going to give this a -1. I'd rather invest in a good AFK timer than can determine when players are actually AFK than rely on their teammates to kick them. The main reason would be because this could easily be used by their teammates to troll people and make their time playing frustrating. While we could create rules to prevent abuse, it's going to happen regardless. Investing in the AFK timer could prevent both of these issues from happening at the same time.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    jis, Mv__ and BearyGrizzly like this.
  8. Huh, I don't think players should vote because there is a good chance that this opportunity will be abused.~

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  9. Hey!

I can definitely understand your frustration with this topic and I think it has potential if the kinks are worked out. For starters, letting a team have the ability to initiate a vote kick at any given time could most certainly be abused. I know that it is unfair to assume most players will want to abuse features but the occasional three-man queue may kick players for no reason. It is for that reason why I think the previous suggestion makes the most sense, where after a player is AFK for an allotted time, the team then gets the opportunity to offer a vote kick. It may be easier to code from a developer standpoint to simply have a player kicked from the game if they hit the AFK timer but they could be in a group with other people and only gone for a few moments.

I like the idea but there would need to be a balance of the need for this implementation and the developer time available. Thanks for posting!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  10. Many people have mentioned above that a better afk timer would ultimately solve the problem. There is no disagreeing there. However, even if this was added over our current afk timer system, it would heavily be abused to troll people. If a party of 3 doesn't like their random teammate, then they can troll /votekick them.

Additionally, standing on the generator while they are there will still give you resources. I understand it won't be as fast, but it's not that big of an issue, and rarely comes into play. It just overall won't happen frequently, and when it does, I rather just /hub due to the player disadvantage.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    ISleptOnMyKeyboard likes this.
  11. It can be an AFK timer people could be annoyed of that person and ask their friends to vote kick.

Posted Jun 11, 2020
  12. Hellooo

I think this system could be abused very easily, say if a teammate isn't that good, I can see a team voting to kick them. Like other have said, an AFK timer would be good, say if it were 3 minutes whilst they are on the generator.

Posted Jun 11, 2020
  13. I'm sort of 50/50 on this idea - while I 100% agree that having someone AFK on the generator is annoying, implementing this could involve a lot of issues and potentially ruin the gameplay for some. Even though there is already an AFK kick timer, I think as said above, possibly adding a quicker one would be a better way to solve this issue (but it would have to just be in CW which I'm not sure is possible?). Also, something small that could be implemented is that sometimes people spawn at the beginning on the generators - this could possibly be changed so if someone begins the game AFK, they won't be on the generator.

Overall, I completely get where you're coming from I just think there would be too many issues regarding it around rules and unfair play, however something as small as reducing the AFK timer would be good to try and solve this. :)

Posted Jun 11, 2020
  14. Hey!

I apologize for the late reply.

Unfortunately, GI has denied this idea with the same reasoning for other vote kick threads:
    • Such a feature is easily abusable in ways to troll
    • Resources are distributed to everyone when multiple people stand on the generator in Cake Wars and AFKing does not affect overall gameplay much
    With this in mind, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thank you for taking the time to suggest your idea!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied by GI

Posted Oct 26, 2020
    Nolawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.