• 1996 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1996 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cake wars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Panda Pixel, Jun 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think you should add a new item to cake wars. I think you should add TNT. To get to enemy bases faster (Tnt jumping), or eating enemy cakes.

Posted Jun 23, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  2. Hey there!

Thread Moved to Game Alterations

I don't really think this needs to be added. Although the idea of this does sound really cool and sounds like it can be a fun addition to the game I don't really think it's needed. We already have polly the sheep which already does all of the things you have listed. It blows up cakes and it somewhat boost you. I don't really think another item to cakewars isn't a great idea as of now but I am interested to see some more of your ideas! As of now I'll be giving this a -1 but it sounds like a cool idea but as I said I don't really think a new item is what cakewars needs at the moment.

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jun 24, 2020
    lotix, 0775, 8350 and 2 others like this.
  3. How would the TNT benefit in-game? You mention TNT jumping but how would that look like/work. I think it's also unnecessary to add TNT to destroy cake defenses considering that polly the sheep is a thing. If there is any other purpose you think the TNT could serve please let me know. As of now, I don't think its quite needed.

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  4. i think a good addition to the game would be making polly the sheep deal more knockback, because it could act like tnt and some people might get good at using it, but there's really no point of having both available in the shop. also, i think a slower cooldown on pollies would help get more usage out of it.

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  5. Yo!

TNT shouldn't be added to CW. We already have a TNT based item (Polly The Sheep) which does the same thing that TNT would so adding TNT wouldn't really make a difference. Maybe some changes to Polly can be implemented to make it even better but like I said, it's basically TNT but in Mineplex CW :)

Posted Jun 24, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 29, 2020
    NetheriteMiner, Eqsa, JAKE/// and 2 others like this.
  6. I feel like not having TNT in cake wars is one of the few things that make it different from other games, such as bedwars. Of course there's polly, but that can't really be used the same way that TNT would be used as, since you cant do much except attempt to block it away. The strategy and meta of cake wars would become way too similar to bedwars and it just wouldn't have its own twist. Good idea, but I have a feeling you're a bedwars player..

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  7. Hey dude.
    I don't really think TNT should come to Cake Wars for a couple of reasons. First, we already have Polly which is good enough for blowing up Cake covers. Also, if we added TNT, it might seem like we are copying Hypixel even if they weren't the first server to add it.
    Overall, because of the reasons above, I'm going to have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  8. I don't think adding TNT is a good idea. As said above, there's already Polly the Sheep, which serves pretty much the same purpose (blowing up covers for cake). Adding TNT would be a little pointless since there's already Polly. If you have some changes in mind for Polly, I would love to hear them, but as for right now I would rather not have Polly replaced.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  9. I am sorry, but I disagree with adding TNT. Polly the sheep is a good replacement for TNT since you have a few seconds to kill it, which will prevent the explosion. This is way more balanced than a block that explodes, and that you can't prevent. Also, the only block that can resist the explosion is obsidian, and that would be pretty costly just to defend from TNT.

However, you could suggest changes to Polly the Sheep to make it more powerful. But Cake Wars seems fine without a meta full of explosives.

Thank you for suggesting. Stay safe!

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    Truthhs and Rilau like this.
  10. Hey! As many people have pointed out above, poly is basically cakewars' unique TNT. However, Poly the Sheep and TNT are very different, in my opinion. TNT is unstoppable, as @Polar8 mentions. As soon as you place it, there isn't much you can do, as it is an entity. Additionally, It has a fairly short explosion time. However, Poly is very easily countered. Poly can be killed, and therefore the item is balanced. TNT would have to be much more expensive, and even then, it would remove the entire purpose of Poly. This aforementioned price would obviously have to be more expensive than poly, and therefore wouldn't be very effective at "TNT jumping", as a pearl would work better and have a lower price. Overall, the two roles that you believe TNT could fill are already fulfilled within our other items. Because of this, I do not believe the addition of TNT would be such a great idea.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    Truthhs and Polar8 like this.
  11. Hi! There is a few additions that I would like to add to CakeWars is Crafting tables and Diamond generators, they will be a nice additon.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  12. It really all comes down to the route Mineplex is trying to take with Cakewars, as @Rilau mentioned TNT is unstoppable whereas Polly is not. Now with these factors in mind, is Mineplex trying to create a more hardcore style atmosphere to cake wars, which would mean the implementation of TNT, or is the aim of a more relaxed style one, the game in its current state speaks of both worlds currently in my opinion, but the point remains the implementation of TNT may introduce a harder style of play, a style in which cakewars players are not probably not accustomed to, TNT is essentially Polly enhanced.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  13. Heya! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. While it would be nice to be able to TNT jump as you said, this isn't really necessary as player's have access to buy ender pearls and chicken portals from the shop which is a better way to maneuver around the map in my opinion. Other than that the only other purpose for it is to destroy blocks in a certain radius quickly, which can already be accomplished by using Polly the Sheep as other players have mentioned above me. I personally think that Polly the Sheep is a nicer way of blowing up blocks as it has a countdown and it can be killed quickly. This adds a bit more strategy to the game as you have to protect your Polly and time it's placement correctly, instead of just being able to place some TNT down and run away. Regardless, I appreciate the suggestion but just don't feel it's a necessary addition at this time.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  14. What’s the point of TNT? You already have Polly the sheep

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  15. As pretty much everyone here has said, polly the sheep is basically what you are suggesting. Adding TNT to the game would probably come with some bugs and glitches, also it could be overpowered if the knockback wasn't modified or the damage output wasn't changed.

I would rather polly being improved than adding TNT to cakewars. -1

Posted Jun 29, 2020
    NetheriteMiner likes this.
  16. Even if TNT was implemented, the nuances of Mineplex knockback would still make it inviable for TNT jumping.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  17. As many people mentioned already their inputs, this idea isn't something that would be looked into! It's already implemented with Polly the Sheep and has the same idea! I rather have the sheep because you can stop it by killing it. This is a great Mineplex twist that makes it different compared to other games. TNT is unnecessary when a better version is already in the game! The item being used (Polly the Sheep) can make the game go any direction! It can blow up the blocks and you can have access to their cae, or the team can kill it and still save their cake. The sheep being used I believe 4-5 times on obsidian if exploded is also very useful and impactful to a game. If
    If you have ideas that will improve Polly the Sheep don't hesitate to make a new post on that (:
    Unfortunately I will be giving this a -1 thank you for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  18. Hey!

Sorry for the late response. I do want to spend some time real quick to say that GI has decided against the addition of TNT in Cake Wars. This is primarily because we have options of bow boosting, chicken portals, as well as ender pearls to get to enemy cakes faster, and you have Polly the Sheep to help explode cake defenses.

With this in mind, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied by GI

Posted Oct 26, 2020
    Disgruntle and Nolawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.