• 389 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2968 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Cakewars Alteration

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Parrotlet, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Hello! So I wanted to suggest a possible cakewars alteration.

This would be adding resource generator II for all players temporarily for 30 seconds at the start of the game. It is really time-consuming and somewhat boring waiting for 30 seconds to a minute or even two minutes to get enough bricks for a sword and a stack of wool.

Adding this feature will allow players to bridge to beacons and other bases, as well as cover their cake immediately as opposed to waiting 1-3 minutes.

In 30 seconds, you would normally get 10 bricks as 1 brick only spawns every 3 seconds.

Since resource generator II spawns 3 bricks every 3 seconds, then this means you would get 30 bricks after 30 seconds, which is enough to cover your cake, or get a full set of armour as well as lots of wool.

Thoughts?

Posted Feb 13, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 13, 2019
  2. Hello! I think that your idea is a cool one, but will make no difference. I know you want to get resources quick at the start so you can eat peoples cake. But if you do so, everyone gets it. That means that evreyone will have time to get gear, cover their cake, and rush your team, so i see no point in having this implemented into the game. But cool idea though!.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Best Eboy on the Planet,
    Jzrs

Posted Feb 13, 2019
  3. If everyone has the same resources at the start of the game, then they can not only rush quickly but they can also defend quickly as well, so it's not likely that all the cakes will be eaten. If I'm trying to rush a team right away but they already have a layer of endstone, wood and wool I cant eat it.

Cakewars games are always really quiet at the start. The idea is to more or less be able to get moving at the start of the game as opposed to waiting in the generator for a while.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2019
  4. I don't really see a point to implement this. Yes, it might be somewhat time-consuming but a game of Cake Wars doesn't need to be sped up to become shorter and easier to win. You and your teammates have to work together and eliminate the other teams, and you can do that at the beginning without needing Resource Generator 2. At the beginning of a game, you can easily get endstone to protect your cake within a matter of 30 seconds maybe (not completely sure on the exact time), so gathering resources for gear and materials is already efficient enough and is completely fine at the beginning. As for bridging to mid, you can do that in about 25-30 seconds as well if you or one of your teammates is using the Builder Kit. Personally, I don't see an issue currently at the beginning of Cake Wars, it's fine as it is and it really only takes a couple of minutes to gather resources from beacons. Anyway, not a bad idea and I definitely would like to see what the others in the community think about this. Have a good day!

Posted Feb 17, 2019
  5. I agree with Shaiym. Cakewars is supposed to be a strategic game (in my opinion), making it "faster" in the beginning won't really work as you won't have time to plan out strategies before people are coming knocking on your door. It would be a bit faster paced and possibly a bit more fun, but I just don't see that it fits into cake wars. Cheers!

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  6. I'm not really of fan of this either. I feel like at the start of the game resources should be limited. We don't want people going full iron in the first minute and rushing cakes while another team just tries to get cake defenses.

At the start of the game we have a variety of kits that can provide benefits early game, anyways.

The builder kit is a great kit for rushing to the emeralds/middle.
    Frosting and Warrior are great at early game defense (knocking players who rush off or getting health after kills).
    And Archer can be good if a player tries to get a bow early on.

Realistically, players are using their kits to their advantage early game instead of just relying on the generator.

-1, game functions fine as is.

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  7. This would make the game even longer I feel and way unbalanced -1

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  8. Agreeing with MCCharity and Shaiym here. If players got loads of resources right at the beginning of the game it would just make rushing a lot more common. It wouldn't really benefit anyone in anyway and Cake Wars games don't really need to be sped up as Shaiym stated. I understand that you want to get games moving quickly, but Cake Wars isn't designed to be a fast paced experience, it's more of a strategic PVP game. Also, if you don't want to wait at your gen for 1-2 Minutes you could easily purchase the Builder kit which gives you blocks as well as knitted platforms that you can place in order to get to mid faster. I do understand where your coming from here but it's not really the type of alteration that would suit Cake Wars.

Thanks! -Ocelotguyy

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  9. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but it really won't work out. First of all, the games will be longer, not shorter and fast. They will have endstone and things already and knowing how cake wars people are they will try to defend it at all costs and it will just take years to break one cake as everyone would have gotten endstone and tryhards will "try hard" to defend their cake, and so on.

It won't take that much time to implement it but it doesn't have a good reason to get implemented in the first place.

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  10. Heyo,
    I can understand why you'd share this idea. However, I think the game will become a lot more repetitive if this were the case. You see, Cake Wars has such great variations between playstyles. The beauty of the current resource system is that people do different things with their resources, which brings a sense of needed diversity into the game. It means that instead of getting 30 iron ingots and getting armored-up every time, some players would use the 10 ingots for bed defense, whilst some others will get blocks to capture generators and some players will go full out PVP.
    -1 :{

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  11. I've always thought the first few minutes of the game are where a team can really shine and show that it's the best by using a concrete strategy. If you have your defense up and have a few people rushing various islands, odds are, you're doing well for what little time the game has been running for. If you make it easy on everyone and give every team Resource Generator II, then I think a part of that initial strategy is lost, and the game becomes too simple. Hopefully that makes sense.

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  12. I think Cake Wars is fine the way it is. We don't need anything to be sped up any more than it is. Thank you for the suggestion! -1

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  13. Not for me, I'm afraid. Cake Wars is fundamentally a strategy game and I think this aspect to the game is enhanced when the resources are limited.

Part of the strategy is to either wait for a while & invest in some better gear or save time & travel lighter. If everything's given to us so quickly this element is lost.

If everyone's able to get full iron, sword, blocks so quickly the game will be ruled by rushing mid or fellow teams.

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  14. I like this idea as it is something I would post. I also know what it feels like for -voice slightly raises- all your ideas to seem to get rejectedddd.... So I'll follow you 1+

Posted Feb 18, 2019
  15. Sorry for the wait but after being discussed by Game Insights, the idea is unfortunately being denied. Players at the beginning could get stacked too easily, would cause rushes to happen and it would only be the first 30 seconds of the game. It’s definitely time-consuming at times but Cake Wars is more long-term compared to Arcade games. Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me but I’ll be locking the thread as no further discussion is needed.

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Nov 13, 2019