• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8017 Players Online
  • 5127 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars fireworks

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Avml, May 25, 2020.

?

Should we add fireworks to cakewars

Poll closed Jun 2, 2020.
  1. No, the game is good the way it is.

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Yes, it would be a great addition and make the game more fun

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  3. Other (comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So I got a really cool idea that may make cakewars more fun. My idea is kinda like fireball from Hypixel (If I’m not allowed to say this sorry) except you can only place the firework on a block. The firework would explode dealing no damage, but launch the player(s) the opposite direction. Kinda a weird idea, but I think if would be a fun addition to cakewars.

Posted May 25, 2020
    Ruffybear likes this.
  2. If yes, please tell me why you voted yes.
    If no, please tell me why you voted no.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2020
  3. I think this would be a great addition to Cake Wars and make the game much more interesting. However, there has already been a very recent Cake Wars update. If this was to be added, in would probably be in a couple of months. Discussing the idea of the firework, how much would it cost? And how would it be different from Polly the Sheep (Besides dealing no damage)? Other than that, I think this would be a very exciting addition to Cake Wars.

Posted May 25, 2020
  4. Is this theoretically for Bedrock and or Java? I had almost the exact same Idea ill try and find my thread for you @xHqdes

Posted May 25, 2020
  5. Heyo!

I'm gonna have to agree with @Bobtroopo on this one. He stated that at the moment there was just a new Cake Wars update not too long ago, and something like this wouldn't be put to high up on the addition list. Although it sounds like a great addition to the game it has to go through a process much like many of the other of the things that might get added. This idea sounds pretty cool and would add something new and different to the game that would add more of a twist. Hopefully if it were to be put into consideration it wouldn't be too hard to implement without causing troubles. It's gonna be a +1 from me, and with proper balancing, and taking in the fact that it can't be too hard to implement, it all sounds good. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted May 25, 2020
  6. This sounds really cool!

Posted May 25, 2020
  7. It would be much better than Polly, and it would be a good strategy for rushing as it wouldn't be on a timer.

Posted May 25, 2020
    christxqn likes this.
  8. Hey!
    I defiantly do like this idea but it does remind me of polly the sheep. I think if this were to have more of a rush effect, meaning a fast timer, this could be cool because it could help you rush a cake without the players getting in your way. I also do like how you can't destroy the fireworks like you can with the sheep. If this were to be added to the cosmetic, I think it could be implemented into the game because the firework and the sheep would have different uses. I also like how the fireworks wouldn't cause damage because this makes the cosmetic balanced. I defiantly would like this to be implemented because I think it could be quite cool but like @Bobtroopo said, there has been a very recent cake wars update about a few weeks ago so this probably wouldn't be added till far in the future.

+1 idea

Posted May 25, 2020
  9. It would cost bricks. I'd say about 12. You place it like a block and it instantly explodes with a 5 second cooldown. it can explode wool but not anything else.

OP OP
    christxqn likes this.
  10. This is for java

OP OP
  11. It would cost about 12+ bricks and only explode wool. It would not take away wood, ladders, endstone or obby.

OP OP
    Ruffybear likes this.
  12. This defiantly is a very interesting idea. I like the concept that it doesn't destroy any blocks, its more for a plan of escape or actually being able to find a way to eat the cake which doesn't make it that similar to polly!

Posted May 25, 2020
  13. I don’t get it.

Posted May 25, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  14. To me, it sounds like a "firework" could be placed on any block and it would explode, meaning it would make your rival opponets go in the other direction while you run away or try to get their cake. However, by exploding, it won't damage the players or destroy blocks, it simply just gives you extra time to run or rush.

Posted May 25, 2020
  15. Hey!
    Before I start, as most others mentioned, with the recent Cake Wars update, this wouldn't be implemented any time soon. However, I do like the idea. I think it's interesting and could add another gameplay style to Cake Wars. I could see this being used to rush cakes and getting players out of your way, on the middle island if there's multiple people fighting, or at your own cake if you're being rushed. Because of the different use options, I believe this cosmetic has real potential with being a dual threat, being offensive and defensive impact. You could use it offensively to rush cakes, and also use it defensively to protect your own. I really like the cosmetic idea, and I don't see much harm in adding it. However, there is a similarity to Polly that I could see getting in the way, however, I think these cosmetics would play different roles if made to do so. I also think 12 bricks would be too cheap for this cosmetic, I might even recommend bumping it into emerald territory. Even then, it's hard to judge the price without knowing basic questions like how far it blasts players, and if it affects your teammates.
    In the end, I like the idea, but know that this won't be added in the near future. Despite this,
    +1

Posted May 25, 2020,
    Last edited May 25, 2020
    MaybeTay (HeyItsTay_) likes this.
  16. Before I get into it, I have some questions regarding the fireworks: how fast and far does the explosion knock-back propel you both vertically and horizontally? Does the knock-back affect you or teammates? Is there a limit to how many you can have? What's the radius of the explosion? I feel like these questions need to be considered before providing decisive feedback, but I'll continue with what's provided.

I see this as more of a nuisance and something annoying to deal with; there are already so many ways to deal knock-back - adding another knock-back item might take away from the actual combat of the game. I also see a lot of people talking about how it could be useful for getting time to eat a cake, but I don't see how it would give you a sufficient amount of extra time without blasting people very far away (which seems pretty overpowered).

Although the idea seems interesting, I don't really see a big purpose for it's addition into the game. The instant explosion provides little counter-play and there are already many things in the game that deal knock-back. For those reasons, I don't think it'd be the best addition into CW.

Posted May 25, 2020
  17. @MiladKhan We probably wouldnt know the answers to your first few questions until bedrock coders started working on it. I personally think it would be neat if it had 4-5 block range knockback when it detonates and anyone in the 4-5 block area will be sent back 3 blocks? Also, @MiladKhan I dont think there are any knockback items in Bedrock cakewars (yet).

Posted May 25, 2020
  18. I think it should have a 8s cooldown (like polly which is 15s) but no limit to how many you can carry. Also is most definently should have a burst og colored particles based on the team who placed it. If it is your own teams firework It shouldnt be made to affect them.

Posted May 25, 2020
    Ruffybear likes this.
  19. of* not og

Posted May 25, 2020
  20. @xHqdes I think it should be added for multiple reasons. 1: forgot blocks? no problem! use a firework! 2: Enemy chasing you, knock them off the bridge 3: Is a point being contested from different angles? use a firework! 4: more simply, a less powerful non-block destroying polly

Posted May 25, 2020