• 2670 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12055 Players Online
  • 9385 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

CAKEWARS: Frosting... how long did it take?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by plwd, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Just recently got big into Cake Wars, and I've been grinding away at achievements. Have almost all of them, as of now I need about 20 or so more wins.

How long did it take you to get the Frosting Achievement Kit? Personally, it took me about a week, but I've been grinding for hours daily. Nonetheless, with a good team.

And which was the hardest achievement to obtain, any story to tell? Here a fun one:

After spending hours on Mineplex I finally thought I could get the "Get Good" achievement which in order to accomplish you have to fall from a great height and kill someone, further managing to save yourself somehow. 3:00 AM struck and I finally thought I got it. Last player vs me. I knock him off the edge and the knock back sent him flying, but I fell too early and died before him. Can we get a RIP in the chat? This happened 3 more times after, not the same exact situation, but I was in the position to achieve it. Believe it or not, I went to sleep angry that morning. Yes, I said morning. I also had work a few hours later.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    Kindnessaj and iKassy like this.
  2. Wassup! It took me awhile about 2 weeks to get that achievement unlocked. Luckily I had my friends help me with most of them. My most difficult achievement was probably the one where you have to get 10 first blood. I struggled with that because I normally am the one who protects the cake and stays back.

There was this one time my friends and I were all in a call and my good friend Bee was telling everyone how great he is at speed bridging and my other friend David gave Bee a block of endstone and told him to speed bridge with it and while Bee was placing the endstone down, David broke the wool under him and Bee screamed really loud in the call and we all started laughing.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    plwd likes this.
  3. Hai!

So, I don't even have the frosting kit, but I'm trying SOO HARD to get it... Some of the achievements just seem impossible! Like the one mentioned here, I have absolutely no idea how to do it, and some others. However, unlike @iKassy, I actually found it quite simple to do the 10 First Bloods achievement, since I tend to push mid as soon as possible most of the time. At the minute, I am just trying to get some of the easy ones out of the way, that way I cross the hard bridge when it comes down to that...

Interesting post! (Sorry, I have no stories to tell...)

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  4. I actually got almost all of them by just playing without purposefully going for them. The only one I had an issue with for a while was the one where you had to stand on player placed blocks the entire game. Personally I think this achievement is kinda ridiculous, it's basically saying "go box yourself in behind the island and just pray you win". Fortunately a friend offered to help me with it, and I got it.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    oCassi likes this.
  5. Heyo!

Well, I would be lying if I said @KerbalBoy didn't carry me to most of the achievements. I actually got most of the wins myself, along with my cousin @OnceAnL_ a few times. The achievements were pretty easy. Contrary to @iKassy , I actually found the 10 first bloods achievement quite easy. I am actually glad to hear you're grinding for frosting, as it is a very good kit, and I would be so sucky at the game without frosting (<--- Means That I Am Frost Reliant??). Best of luck with you're grind for frosting either way! Hope to see you with it soon!

Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    xWand and KerbalBoy like this.
  6. I can't remember exactly when. I had about 300 wins when I got it; it took me a while as I didn't really have many good people to play with. I got the achievements on my own, except from Floor is Lava, where I got a carry. The last one I got was Get Good, where I knocked the last person off a bridge and jumped off. I somehow can remember that it was on the map Oasis?

good luck!

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  7. I also can't quite remember exactly when I got it, but I do remember that when I started focusing on obtaining the achievement kit, I already had about half of the Achievements completed. From there it took about two weeks, and the longest portion was getting all of the kills necessary, since I'm more of a defensive player. In my opinion the speed at which you can obtain the kit relies not on your skill alone, but also upon your teammates skill levels and the skill of your opponents-- there are a lot of factors in the time it takes.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    oCassi likes this.
  8. More or less, a month. I was like level 30 playing random pubs. Got into one good team that got me floor is lava and the one where you can't kill while getting a win.

When trying to get it, I was desperate but now I never use frost.

Posted Apr 6, 2020