• 239 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4220 Players Online
  • 3981 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars is broken?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Diestraction, Jul 28, 2021.

?

is Cakewars a broken minigame?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2021.
  1. It is very broken, can be improved in nearly every way

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. It is broken, can be improved in Quite a lot of ways

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. It is fine, but can be improved in some places

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  4. It is very good, barely can be improved

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. It is perfect, needs no improvement

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Hello, I am new to these forums, and I wanted to start a little discussion as to if/how Cakewars is kind of broken.

I am gonna start simply with People placing platforms on your head making you suffocate, they are not only are annoying, but that behavior is technically an exploit as these platforms are supposed to make bridging simpler, not meant to be used in combat to suffocate(and because its an exploit, it is technically a way of "cheating" in the game, and technically should be bannable unless it is somewhere specified in game that it is allowed to do so)

And the amount of cheaters is just insane, I am slowly getting used to having people fly or getting my cake eaten without anyone breaking any blocks in every 4th or 5th game I play, same with getting AT LEAST ONE person autoclicking every game or some dude exploiting some map design(for example sitting on a huge tower in the middle)

btw if you are banning map exploiting, then you might as well go for the 3x3 bridge suffocation as it is literally much more of a problem as it happens in way too many games

And (on bedrock edition of course) the game is sort of too difficult for mobile players, who have to fight against console players and/or pc players and a lot of cheaters as well

And I haven't even mentioned the tryhards, not like I can't fight them or something, I ain't bad at the game(one of these fools even accused me of "haxxing" once, then he started griefing on me and my team), but they are insanely annoying, no matter if I am playing with them on my team or against them, and they are insanely salty and kind of toxic

And I also don't like the system in which you got to go to the mineplex website to report people, as well as the amount of proof needed to report someone, I can understand that you need proof, but couldn't you at least make it simpler by allowing to upload the file(a video and/or screenshot) DIRECTLY to the report, instead of having to attach a link to a youtube video or download? especially for a person like me, who can't just upload a video to youtube

Or maybe just add a /report command to the servers, and maybe some kind of inside recording/screenshort feature? just a thought, because again: reporting for some people, especially ones who don't use a recording software everytime they play the game (which applies to nearly every gamer who ain't no youtuber/streamer), is just painful as a lot of reports will simply be lacking proof, not to mention a lot of people not even knowing about the website where you can report people even with all the notifications in the games chat
    (Random Note: English is not my first language, and I don't care if you try to correct any mistakes I made when writing this)

Posted Jul 28, 2021
  2. Hi
    Never run into this, but I can see how it could be annoying without shears on you to mine it
    This is constantly being worked on, i belive mjneplex is going to impliment a new anticheat... relatively soon
    This is irritating, i would agree
    Also, a
    /report command is going to be added at some point
    I actually would not have guessed, you are better at spelling than me =/

Posted Jul 28, 2021
  3. Hello! I'm going to break your post down point by point and go over them.

Suffocating people using Deploy Platforms are not an exploit. Many people use them as a strategy to help suffocate players. It's true that they were meant for bridging, but it is a valid strategy and isn't considered an exploit.
    It's unfortunate how there are cheaters playing on Mineplex and it's not something we can control. We do have an anticheat although it doesn't always work. We have a small amount of Moderators compared to the amount of players on the server, so we can't handle all the hackers. If you have evidence of someone hacking or map exploiting, you could always submit a report here after reading the guide here. Alternatively, if you have a Discord account, you could join the Mineplex Discord here and use the #report-players channel, which will notify Moderators to check out the situation.
    Mobile players will always be disadvantaged against console or PC players. Ideas about separating mobile, console and PC players have been brought up before, but I don't think it's going to happen as there would be many issues present there.
    I haven't experienced too much of toxic behaviour or team griefing in my months when I used to play Cake Wars, but it is unfortunate if those people get into your game. If you have evidence of them team griefing, you can also report them using the methods I listed above as it is against the rules. If they are being rude, you could also report them. Just note that both of these broken rules are severity 1, and since they wouldn't be punished without a warning first, it needs to be excessively broken if it is reported on the forums.
    I'm not sure why the site doesn't allow you to upload evidence directly onto the forums. You could easily upload a video to YouTube, just sign in to the YouTube website and click the button at the top-right to upload a video. Once it finishes uploading, you can copy the link onto the report itself. A /report command is planned for the future, although there are many more bugs that should be prioritized fixing before a /report command is implemented. I'm not sure if being able to record gameplay would be possible or not.

Overall, I don't think Cake Wars is too broken. For hackers, exploiters, and people being rude, you could report it using the forums or the Discord using the links I put above.

Posted Jul 28, 2021
  4. Cakewars is a good game, and it does get lots of improvements, but some other games like skywars are long overdue and also need to be focused on and updated, but I see your point.

Posted Jul 28, 2021
  5. even with shears its annoying, because these people just rebuild them when they see you destroyed the block that was on your head

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2021
  6. Hi!

Some of these things you have mentioned have already been added or have been talked about being added. Cake wars is actually a very good game that gets updates.

Other then that I agree with everything that " CloudyDay1234 " said above.

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  7. As someone who’s main game is Cakewars I sympathise with a lot of your concerns. Hackers are definitely a problem but I suggest joining the community staffrequest and asking for a staff member directly as you play. There’s often staff around and that’s the quickest and most immediate way to deal with hackers. As for the bridge-suffocating tactic, it can definitely be annoying but like with any tactic, if you utilise it yourself and get better at it it can be a super useful tool. As has been said above it is not an exploit despite not being the intended purpose of the tool. If you’re struggling against more experienced players then there’s many people looking to join parties, and playing cakewars is so much easier when you have strong communication through party chat. Concerning general toxicity, the best thing to do is record evidence and report it on the website, it will be dealt with eventually. As long as you keep your cool and stay calm, you’re good. I am personally terrible at pvp and building but I play cakewars anyway - at the end of the day it isn’t how many games you win it’s how much you have fun. Have a good day :)

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    Diego0160 likes this.
  8. That’s actually a well known strategy in Cake Wars, so I’d carry around shears when you meet someone who uses this strat, or just do it yourself.

The only thing you can do until they improve the anticheat is to clip the offenders and report them, but anyways a report command will be added to Mineplex soon making reporting much quicker. You could also friend a couple staff members and then invite them to your game when you encounter a cheater, as they can insta ban depending on the cheats being used.

As I said, it’s a strat

Mineplex can really do much about this, it’s a Minecraft Bedrock Edition thing and won’t be changed.

nothing Mineplex can do about tryhards, as they are present on literally every game on earth, and not just video games either. If you think someone is toxic, depending on the severity of they taunts your can report them.

I don’t know much about this, but then the website would have a lot of strain on it I’m guessing.

/report is planned for Bedrock Edition as stated above.

Posted Aug 1, 2021
  9. Cakewars is not broken

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    decqyd and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  10. True XD

Posted Aug 1, 2021
  11. We seriously ju see t got an update for cakewars, and people are already disagreeing with this?!?

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 2, 2021
  13. cross mapping should be bannable

Posted Aug 2, 2021
  14. I personally don't think we should call cake wars "broken" as it implies that it is incredibly either unfair or needs a lot of work. Obviously a game can't be physically perfect, but cake wars can be improved. Some of the ideas said above are valid but most of them you can find a way around.

Posted Aug 3, 2021