• 740 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9178 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars Knockback/Reach

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by _Slxth, Aug 25, 2019.

1. How does Mineplex check for reach/kb modifiers? I am fairly above average when it comes to pvp, and have obviously been comboed by legit players, and you can kinda tell the difference when someone is reaching, or when someone is legit. I have come across multiple lobbies where people are blatant, and how does GWEN work against those cheaters? Same with people that take no knockback.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. Hey there!

Velocity can be seen through gwen notifications as well as spectating the player and seeing the unusual and different knock back. However, for reach hacks, only a QA (Quality Assurance) member can actually ban for reach. Reach is difficult to ban for, but gwen will be updating very soon with our new Dev, ToonBasic. The QA staff are very friendly, so you're able to talk to them if you're experiencing any issues!

I hope I could help!

4G0

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    _Slxth and Copyy like this.
  3. it Would be nice if Gwen and mods could see render distances.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  4. Yo!
    (Fellow Ex-QA here)

As for KB modifiers, the staff team collects a ton of evidence on this before punishing since there is a major difference between modified knockback and anti-knocked since modified just slightly changes how much you take as anti-knockback completely prevents you from taking any knockback at all making it more obvious. Ideally they collect enough evidence and when they are sure they have enough they issue the punishment and save the evidence just in-case.

As for reach:
    Since reach has many aspects to it being server-side lag, players ping, and other things like that.. regular moderation staff are not able to ban for it (so Trainee-Mod) to prevent little as possible false bans. Only the Quality Assurance team is able to ban for reach since they have back-end information and can look into GWEN meta to make sure the punishment is 100% reach. The reason only QA has this information is because they are under an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) which allows them to view sensitive information that others do not need to see since it's very complex and prevents people from leaking information to client developers n such.

Render distance changes nothing about reach since it only changes how far you can see in the game, it doesn't give you an advantage with hitting further away etc. Plus, GWEN is an anti-cheat it's not a "real" person so it doesn't have a render distance in theory.

Hopefully this answered your questions regarding the hacks you questioned above.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Zomaholic likes this.
  5. I meant reach display lol

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  6. Even if it were implemented, it still wouldn't be accurate because of the several factors that will affect it, such as latency and a lot more.

ONT:
    As 4G0 has mentioned above, you can message a Quality Assurance team member if you are frustrated. But, I don't think a punishment will be likely based on a report.

Posted Aug 27, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 27, 2019
  7. wow, people on the forums actually accept that reach is a thing now? how the times have changed

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  8. lol 6 blocker^

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  9. yeah there's so many closeters on cake wars rn it's ridiculous

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    Staff literally banned me for modified knockback even tho I was clearly taking normal 1.14 knockback, GWEN needs to be fixed so we don't have ****ty staff members false banning

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  10. Due to the GWEN Dev resigning the Mineplex staff team is still searching for a GWEN anti-cheat Developer. I do feel like GWEN does need an anti-cheat update and I'm pretty positive that Mineplex is trying their best to find a Developer worthy for the position, guess you'll just have to put your faith in GWEN trying to take out hackers for now. This is an annoying issue because every 2-3rd survival games match there's usually a hacker running on water, using kill aura, ETC.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  11. He actually retired and only was apart of the team for a month lol sorry for the bad news but yeah toon is long gone.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  12. I know about this sadly :( I mentioned about the new dev when he was on the team, but a couple of days after I commented on this thread he resigned.

Posted Sep 22, 2019