• 345 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8343 Players Online
  • 7998 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Cakewars Solos

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by xd Sigma, Jul 26, 2021.

?

Should cakewars solos be added to mineplex bedrock?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Cakewars Solos would be a great addition to mineplex. I've heard people say that it would not get enough attention or it would take away all the attention from cakewars duos and standards. Take a look at hypixel bedwars. Cakewars and bedwars are very similar games. Even with solo bedwars, the duos and squads versions of bedwars still get a lot of players. It is very popular because people don't need to deal with teammates disconnecting, hogging gen, and just not playing correctly in general. This is a request for mineplex bedrock because it has a much bigger player base. On mineplex java, there would be a lot of players that know eachother, resutling in teaming, hiding, etc. Tell me what you think about cakewars solos in bedrock edition :D

Posted Jul 26, 2021

2. For a special holiday events, last year around Christmas time we got a limited time Solo Cakewars event that did exceptionally well! As it’s own game mode it got over 1k players and definitely could sustain itself as its own game mode. It would divide the playerbase but not as much ad they think it would. I think last year was a great example of how well Solo Cakewars did and I hope they bring it back as a permanent game mode .

Posted Jul 26, 2021
    SlinkyPlays, VoidNnja and xd Sigma like this.
  3. I do think this would be a great idea. In my opinion, cake wars solo would be iconic. Like someone mentioned above, it should not take away too much from the other cakewars. I often only play duos due to the fact I simply like playing with less players. Cake wars solo was a even sometime ago I believe, but being a permanent game would be a great addition to Mineplex.

Posted Jul 26, 2021
    xd Sigma likes this.
  4. Hi, Cake Wars Solos has been denied by leadership. Not forever, but at this moment in time it will not be considered. This is the message that our Quality Assurance Manager, rosmeme, wrote regarding it:

As you can see, we will definitely look into it again in the future but it will remain denied for now. As others have mentioned above, CW Solos was around on the server a few times actually as a limited time mode. We're definitely more open to bringing it back every once in a while temporarily, just not permanently as it stands. Keep an eye out. :)

Personally, I think that CW Solos would be great to have on Bedrock but I understand denying it. It would probably take up the players of other gamemodes as well as replace others, and I'd rather there was a wider variety of games present on the network. That way, all lobbies can have a solid amount of players on them at any time. Plus, there are a lot of bugs roaming the network which need to be handled first, especially in games like Housing and Survival.

Posted Jul 26, 2021
    Dream9605 likes this.
  5. From a business standpoint only keeping CW Solos around temporarily is better then making it permanent. The game mode in itself is amazing, but it's better off not being permanent, as it builds up hype during the special occasions when it appears, like last Christmas, also attracting more players.

Posted Jul 26, 2021
  6. I think this would be a really good idea! The idea has been denied before but always seems to have good support. I hope that it will happen as a permanent game on the network.

Posted Jul 26, 2021
  7. Some more reasons to add cakewars solos (yes I know that it is denied for now):

1. It wouldn't matter that pink and purple team get mixed up because you will know that whoever you see is an enemy.

2. It would be a fair fight. Literally everyone who play cakewars duos/standards can agree that 2v1s are not fair at all. Combined with mineplex's weird knockback, it can be so hard to kill a team when you are getting tossed around like a salad.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 26, 2021