• 573 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11250 Players Online
  • 10677 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Cakewars Update (04/13/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by EmmaLie, Apr 13, 2020.

1. This is a big RIP to everyone who worked hard for frosting, might as well just remove the kit at this point. No one wants to use snowballs as a combo starter

Posted Apr 13, 2020
  2. so frost is literally useless now
    why bother adding the achievements..nobody wants to waste their time trying to get an achievement kit that does nothing now but hit people off bridges. might as well get archer.

Posted Apr 13, 2020
  3. Look at curry man so inspirational

Posted Apr 13, 2020
  4. Welp I guess I'm gonna stop playing cake wars.

Posted Apr 13, 2020
    Kyuine and NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  5. Bruh snowballs don't even throw the same anymore it feels like. Also, I think it could've been nerfed less now the kit is complete trash and probably the worse achievement kit.

Posted Apr 14, 2020
    HolyCombo, Kyuine and NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  6. Pollys getting even more useless ;-; great update though!

Posted Apr 14, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  7. Hate to break it to you guys. You've ruined the meaning of Cake Wars :(((

Posted Apr 14, 2020
  8. I think it would be better for everyone if the arrow prices were lowered even more. I mean spending 3 emerald/1arrow seems way too much. I think either increasing the amount of arrows for 9 emeralds or decreasing the emerald count for 3 arrows would be the best way to go. Just my thoughts.

-BanditEagle

Posted Apr 14, 2020
  9. Snowballs used to be OP. Now it's terrible. I was expecting a nerf but not as hard as that. Now its pretty much an achievement kit that is like a rod but you have to wait 6 seconds in between each rod ;-;. RIP snow ball reliants

Posted Apr 14, 2020
  10. Love that frosting finally got balanced, but wish more was done with the other kits. Archer I think should keep bow on death after initial purchase, platform suffocating should be dealt with and warrior is in need of an in-combat buff- no1 picks the kit because it loses every fight at equal skill level so you never get to use the ability/it's generally only useful in teamfights when you have a team carrying you. Also don't think there was a need for another trap, especially one that nerfs polly. Polly is one of the few ways to attack teams that are heavily guarding cake and now I fear games are going to draw into cake rot much more often.
    Other than that, awesome update, it's been a great few days being able to actually beat people below my skill level instead of getting slowed and murked.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and swirly pizza like this.
  11. No more slowness :(

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  12. i like this update but still kinda wish they added solo mode because usually teammates get in my way by doing dumb stuff

Posted Apr 17, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  13. What a great and well thought out update. Thank you to everyone who came up with the suggestions. This is the reason why games just keep on improving. It's cause of everyone who puts an effort to bring change to the community!

Thank you.
    -RhetoricalNerd

Posted Apr 17, 2020
  14. seems to me like the only people whining about the frost were people that either don't know how to use it or get clapped :/ imo shouldn't have removed the slowness because it's an achievement kit after all it has to have a special perk

Posted Apr 17, 2020
  15. its an achievement kit it's supposed to be good:willy:

Posted Apr 17, 2020
  16. No, it's supposed to be balanced and different from the other kits- usually requiring a little more skill to use than free and gem kits. And now without slowness, the kit is just that.

Posted Apr 17, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  17. yea it's just a kit that's not worthy of all the achievements you need to get to obtain it after this questionable CW update but im just sayin :p

Posted Apr 17, 2020
  18. uh I don't think i've said anything even related to that in in my comments. The kit is definitely still worthy, in fact the achievements just became a lot easier to do with the removal of Floor is Lava and Get Good. Players just need to learn to use it as it's meant to be used.

Posted Apr 17, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  19. I still stand by what I said even after playing the update. They should have removed slowness because it was an almost guaranteed kill if the player that was using frosting was skilled. However, I think it needs a few more tweaks. Yes, it is an achievement kit so it should still be good (and balanced). I think they should up the quantity to 6 because then you could knock players off or use it like a rod and get good combos.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    HoneyUnicorn and NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  20. The only thing I don’t like about the update is how you can’t make teams of five anymore in cake wars. However, this is still a really good update! Keep up the amazing work! :D

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.