• 690 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11223 Players Online
  • 10533 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Can I use a resource pack that makes flower pots fatter?

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by MC_DELTA_T, May 3, 2020.

1. Can I use a resource pack that makes flower pots fatter?

Or is that against the rules because you can see flower pots more easily?

Or is that not against the rules because the hitbox size is the same?

I don't know help please

Posted May 3, 2020
  2. It's not against the rules to modify the texture of a flower pot, since it would still have the same sort of hitbox regardless of whatever texture you would use. It won't really guarantee any sort of advantage since it is something you can do in minecraft through simply editing texture packs. For example, I adjusted the model of my diamond sword so that it is very small in first person, but very big in third person point of view, so. I can tell when someone is using a sword. I did the same with a bow and adjusted the model of how people shoot bows in third persons and it doesn't give you any sort of advantage, only maybe a slight advantage. If you have any more questions related to the rulebook and what if questions regarding punishments, you could always contact an RC member given in the list below through the forums or through discord if you are able to find them:
    Edit: I am not sure about a model, but I would again ask RC for that.

Toki - RC admin
    Wanderer_ - RC member
    zdemon98 - RC member
    HuskieALS - RC member
    Arjun - RC member
    Nolawn - RC member

If these following people aren't able to contact you, you could always contact a staff member regarding if certain punishments are bankable/mutable, which you can find the list of them at www.mineplex.com/staff . You will usually find a staff member through Lobby-1, or you could join the community staff request through /com request StaffRequest and when you are allowed to join, you could ask questions about certain rules. Other than that, feel free to check out the rulebook for more info at www.mineplex.com/rules .

Posted May 3, 2020,
    Last edited May 3, 2020
    Weari likes this.
  3. Yes, it is punishable. I have asked Toki in the past, and she said it would count under unapproved mod. This is because 2 blocks tall pots give a completely unfair advantage to the hunter as they can be seen from a much further distance, as well as from spots that other hunters wouldn't be able to see straight away without a retexture. This also applies to other retexturing, such as 3 blocks long and tall chickens for example.

[​IMG]

Posted May 3, 2020
    scarlet, Wiz2K, Weari and 2 others like this.
  4. Hello!

I'm not sure if this method would even work. From my understanding of game mechanics, I would imagine that changing the size of the textures wouldn't affect hitboxes. If you press f3+b in-game, it allows you to see the genuine size of hitboxes for entities regardless of what texture pack you may have on. You could compare changing the size of a flowerpot to changing the size of your sword. You can make your minecraft sword cover a larger or smaller portion of your screen, and it would never change how far you can reach. In the same sense, I imagine that changing the visuals of the flowerpot wouldn't affect the size of hitboxes.

This is only my personal opinion, but I would recommend asking a staff member.

Posted May 3, 2020
  5. What if you change the color of flower pots? They can also easily be seen through leaves, such as purple and yellow flower pots get it?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 3, 2020
    CZArkolan and FluteVegetables like this.
  6. Depends on how much you change them. As long as you don't make the models ridicously different like increase the height to like 14 blocks, then you should be good. And since different color textures are minecraft-able meaning it doesn't require modding, then yes, you can change color since all you do is change the png file for that block or mob.

Posted May 3, 2020
  7. Could I make it the size of a cake? or is that too much

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 3, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  8. Pretty sure if you keep the width and length to a 1 block minimum (fits within a 1 x h x 1 box you should be good, just make sure "h" or height isn't a lot)

Posted May 3, 2020
  9. ok thanks! ill try that! i cant wait to hunt like that!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 3, 2020
  10. I'd get it approved first though which is what I did

Posted May 3, 2020
  11. To be honest, even if you do do it, no one would notice probably as it's a texture pack but from what I can see above apparently it's not allowed so better not use it.

Posted May 3, 2020
  12. If all you are doing is changing the TEXTURE, you should NEVER be banned. If you are changing MORE than the TEXTURE, such as model, then I would get that part approved first.

Posted May 3, 2020
    MC_DELTA_T likes this.
  13. Yeah

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 3, 2020
  14. Yeah and if you want leaves semi-transparent turn on fancy graphics and it will change the leaves so you can sort of see through them

Posted May 3, 2020
  15. Would you just want to change the colour of flower pots, or would it involve something else? I asked Toki, she would like to know more precisely what you wanna do with it!

Posted May 3, 2020
  16. Oh my god I want to do that as well

Posted May 3, 2020
    GottaGoFastah likes this.
  17. guys

I have changed my mind, I will not use fatter pots, I will change the color though, which is not bannable

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 4, 2020
  18. Yep, I checked, that’s fine and allowed!

Posted May 4, 2020