• 468 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10720 Players Online
  • 10252 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Can mineplex count?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by LegoNick1208, Jun 14, 2021.

1. So i decided to write this post cause why not.
    So when i join mineplex, i am put into a random lobby.
    One day it might be 63, the next 7.
    /lobby (Number) joins you to that lobby, if it has room.
    So i load in, im in lobby 68. I do /lobby, to get to a different one so i can inv my friend cause the lobby was "Full" but it only had 5 players including myself.
    Anyways.
    I do /lobby 15 and it says sorry that server does not exist. Well i am in 68 right now, and 15 is not full cause theres a different message for that. 15 just does not exist.
    Can mineplex count?

Posted Jun 14, 2021
  2. All I know is that mineplex has a limited amount of lobbies across the server. I think as servers get deleted new ones are added which would explain why lobby 36 exists for example, but 6 does not. Idk why u couldn't invite a friend to a 5 player lobby, that makes no sense to me

Posted Jun 14, 2021
  3. Why would it delete lobbies when it can just put people in them when therea re more people?

Posted Jun 14, 2021
  4. I know there was a server issue with inviting friends, not sure if it was patched yet or not. I have not experienced it recently but having a rank also lets you join full lobbies so.

Posted Jun 14, 2021
  5. Mineplex has a limited amount of lobbies that are spread across all games and the hub. Idk why that is the case but it is what it is

Posted Jun 14, 2021
  6. I might be wrong but iirc, it's not just a lobby server. It's a game server. If a specific game is in demand, more game servers are allocated for that specific game. For example, if nobody is in Lobby-23, but there is a low amount of Cake Wars game servers available, it will close Lobby-23 and start up a new Cake Wars server. The same can be said the other way where if the Cake Wars server isn't in use, but a new lobby is needed, the CW server will be closed and a Lobby server will be created.

This causes the weird numbering you see. It doesn't make sense to keep servers running when they aren't needed as all it does is consume resources.

Posted Jun 14, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  7. True, but if thats the case what/why does it sometimes have 0 lobby servers for people to join/0 CW games for people to join? Is that a bug or caused by a lot of people joining the server, so no game lobbies, then they all go to games so no lobbys?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 15, 2021
  8. Your latter explanation would be correct yeah. There wouldn't be any available lobby servers to create since they were all being used for minigames and they were all in use. (which is why people were also having trouble joining games)

Posted Jun 15, 2021