• 233 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4200 Players Online
  • 3967 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Can we make a CPS cap for Mineplex PVP already?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by estefawn, Aug 3, 2021.

?

Thoughts on adding a CPS cap?

1. Yes, it should be done

61.5%
  2. No, it's a terrible idea

38.5%
  1. In this case a CPS cap should just be added. It's clear that these methods aren't seen as legal by Mineplex. Case closed.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  2. No one will play the server and games like clans/dom will go. People click over 20 (I can jitter 15-19) and thats without double-clicking my mouse. "No more sweatiness" I've seen this many times on the forums... Just because someone is better than you in a block game, doesn't mean you need to not allow them to have an advantage and making it no pvp skill. I know people who click 5 cps and can easily combo me due to their aim. They have played this server for a long time and don't need high cps to combo. Reach will still work and autoclicking isn't as bad as the problems such as Fly/Bhop right now. Developers should be working on Clans Season 7 and fixing the anticheat instead of recoding every game and adding a CPS Cap. People have waited so long for a Clans Update (500 Day season)

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  3. Jitter clicking is a legit method and doesn't rely on that. CPS cap just stops people from doing that.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  4. Also W-Tapping, S-Tapping, Shift Tapping etc. will not work (not work well) on 1.9 +. This has nothing to do with mouse abuse. This is skill and won't work on 1.9+, making there be no skill to Mineplex. 1.8.9 is much preferred by people who play servers.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  5. I have mixed thoughts on this, maybe a 15 would be fair

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  6. Cap it at 25, that will allow people who butterfly 20 to be chill about it and itll prevent idiots from autoclicking absurd numbers.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
    venez. and VoidNnja like this.
  7. none of those work on mineplex either since mineplex kb is oriented around the damage u deal and it is constant. so no matter if u w tap or s tap or whatever ull deal the SAME KB if u were to just hold w.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  8. Ah yes, a PvP system where a wooden axe does as much damage as a diamond sword

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  9. Why is butterfly clicking bannable? I can understand double clicking but butterfly clicking is physically using two fingers to click. How is that unfair? Some of us simply don’t jitter click as it’s known to cause arthritis.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  10. I think they mean butterfly clicking w modified debounce times. I butterfly without modified debounce times, and I'm not gonna switch to jitter because it has terrible aim, and it can cause arthritis. Butterfly like u said is just physically using two fingers to click so I see it as legit and I'm gonna continue using it.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
  11. Most of the times the Anticheat flags it as a cheat and not only on Mineplex does this happen but on servers with good anticheats such as minemen club, butter fly clicking is very warned against as it results in a ban. I don't know the specifics as to why but I know this is not only on Mineplex.

What's the difference in clicking 15 cps against a person with 9cps, compared to clicking 25cps against a person with 9cps? You're still getting the same advantage. Also I understand there are legit players that do get 20cps but at the same time there are lots of people who closet on this server and don't get it legit. Locking everyone to something above 15cps seems too much in my opinion.

Posted Aug 6, 2021
    rejudge and SpitefulNick like this.
  12. I find W-Tapping on mineplex does work for me and does help with comboing.

Posted Aug 7, 2021
    rejudge likes this.
  13. I think if we changed the server compatibility to 1.12.2+ and UP it will be more beneficial for the server and the creative community, and Will help pvpers thanks

Posted Aug 7, 2021

14. RC/QA defined rules, its a blanket statement in order to reference the fact that if you are clicking absurd numbers due to clicking methods, then that's on you. Unfortunately we can't specifically just allow certain clicking methods due to the fact that anyone autoclicking could just say "no I was doing x method to hit x cps".

Posted Aug 7, 2021
  15. W-Tapping and S-Tapping on Mineplex does work, but only as a strafe movement rather than a knockback modification as Hubaa stated. Both of you are correct here.

More specifically: "mineplex kb is oriented around the damage u deal" - This is the case for all our gamemodes, things like Cakewars and Skywars however have static based knockback, all being oriented around the diamond sword damage knockback, rather than a damage=kb value like a game such as Champions contains. (Imagine if Cakewars had this system, starting fights with wooden swords would be tragic).

Posted Aug 7, 2021
    CookieBilly likes this.
  16. Since this is the case just add a cps cap and then it doesn't really matter how you're clicking that fast because clicking that fast doesn't matter anymore.

Posted Aug 7, 2021
  17. Sadly Micro Battles is already as tragic as this scenario

Posted Aug 8, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 9, 2021
    rejudge likes this.

18. Your reply is all over the place.

"I can jitter 15-19" good for you. Like the coal miners of the past, you got good at the status quo and refuse every change where your skills are ill-suited.

"Don't take the fast click advantage away [...] I know people who [...] don't need high cps to combo." What is it now? Is fast cps an essential advantage, or not?

"Devs should be working on [...] instead of recoding every game and adding a CPS cap." It's a very simple and global change. Simple as in changing a single value in the code/config, once.

Believe it or not, they already have CPS caps. Just way higher than people call for. If you pump out 100 cps for more than 2-3 seconds at a time, watch how fast GWEN ban you then...

Posted Aug 8, 2021
  19. "making there be no skill to Mineplex" - Why yes, timing attacks, cooldowns and shieldblocks is no skill. But cookie clicking as fast as possible while holding w is truly the pinnacle of skill. Duh...

Posted Aug 8, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  20. There is more to pvp than holding w and spam clicking. Sure mineplex is skewed more that way because of no sprint resets, but aim, strafe, and spacing still all contribute heavily to a fight. I get 9-11 cps usually and can compete evenly with a lot of players who hit far faster on mp because of this.

Now sure, Ill agree that you can classify timing cooldowns as skill, but i'm also going to maintain that the skill curve for that style of combat is far below that of 1.8. Additionally, to a lot (dare I say most?) players, that style of combat is slower, boring, and far more dependent on gear. To a lot of players, myself included, being able to constantly attack and keep combos on people is just far more satisfying.

Posted Aug 8, 2021