• 1413 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3497 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Cat and Mice,

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by kim_crazy, Jun 30, 2019.

Tags:
?

Did you watch Tom and Jerry as a kid?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Have you’ve ever watched the television show Tom and Jerry? In my opinion. it is one of the best shows ever created, and I’ve always wanted to be in a world such as that.
    My idea of a gamemode, Cat and Mice! At the start of the game there will be 1-2 cats, and 6-7 mice.
    As a cat, your objective will be to catch all mice before the timer runs out. Touching a mice once will eliminate the mice for the rest of the round. Getting caught by a cat twice, will eliminate you for the rest of the game.
    As a mouse, your objective is to run to other side to a mouse hole (safe zone) without getting caught the the cat(s).
    There will be a total of 7 rounds, and a 20 second timer for each round. To prevent the cat from babysitting the mouse hole, there will be a 10 block radius that will prevent the cat from entering until a mouse enters the area. If the cat(s) catches every mice twice, the cat(s) win the game. If the mice survives each round (doesn’t need to be all mice, just 1 has to survive), the mice wins.
    The game will be under Arcade games, and will hopefully have it’s own npc during the first few weeks/days of launch.
    Achievements:
    Untouchable: Win 30 games as a mouse
    Jerry: Win without getting caught once
    Police: Win 10 games as a cat
    Kill-Aura: Win as a cat within the fourth round
    Ace: All mice survives past the first round
    Kits: Developer’s choice

Posted Jun 30, 2019
    Cagayan and _Prof_ like this.
  2. I love the idea of this game! Tom and Jerry was also a show I watched as a kid so it was relatively easy for me to understand the mechanics of this game.

Something I would add is permanent swiftness 1 to mice. If the mouse and cat both travel at the same speed, every round is pretty much just guarentees 1 life lost. If there are 20 rounds, 7 mice, and just 1 cat, the mice still would not win because it is so easy to catch them. Even if the cat catches just 1 per round, the game would be over at round 14.

Your idea is also slightly uninformative. What is the length in blocks between mouse holes? Please also provide a sample map for this game (does not have to be pretty, just so that we at least get the concept).

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jun 30, 2019
  3. This sounds like a great idea! Tom and Jerry was one of my top cartoons as a kid and with this would make a fun little game to play. There haven't been any new releases for games but I think this would be a great addition to Mineplex. Best of luck!

Posted Jun 30, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  4. Personally, I feel like this is a combination of Death Tag and Monster Maze. Besides that, I think you have a pretty good idea going here! Hope more people see this thread!

Posted Jun 30, 2019
  5. Hiya!

I like this idea, partly because my elementary school P.E. did a similar game. Basically you would run to the other side without getting caught by the taggers, and I could totally see this being implemented. In my opinion, it's a great idea.

Best of luck!
    WackityQuack

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  6. This is a great game idea, it is something different then most games on Mineplex although it does remind me of death tag. But I think it is unique and a good game idea!

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. Can the mice fight the cats?

Posted Jul 1, 2019