• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Censor the word "noob"

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by A_C_MacD, Mar 15, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

Lol you just earned my highest respect daddy. Liked and follow

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  2. Waspter

Waspter

Calling someone noob in a jokingly manner should not warrant a punishment as long as it's clear that the intend is to not be rude or mean. In your case, saying "shut up" to someone in a *jokingly* manner may have been misinterpreted, as it's pretty easy to not understand whether it's a joke or not as "shut up" is mostly used in a rude manner.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  3. Combativeness/xWorpp

Combativeness/xWorpp

Hey there! I will be denying this idea because the rule committee admin will not add this to the filter. Here is here reasoning: "We have no plans to add this term to our filter. It is insulting sure, and use of it could be labeled under general rudeness if it's towards someone in excess. However, we normally only filter vulgar terms, or terms that direct players towards inappropriate / non family friendly content. For any additional questions feel free to direct message Toki". Have a nice day!

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  4. Fall

Fall

I hope this is a joke. As insults go, censoring all of them is simply never going to work.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp likes this.
  5. Snowwii

Snowwii

Its all up to someone's sensitivity level, but an insult cannot do anything to you unless you decide to let it take advantage of you, so yeah, it is harmless. Some people just need to grow up and stop being offended by toxic players.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  6. ppancake

ppancake

ole put some good stuff in here, go check that out.
    Reiterating what he said, using the excuse of words not being 'bad' isn't something I'd like to see on this thread. With your logic, we're destroying the Mineplex filter.

But some things are insults and need to be responded to, due to rudeness :p. It's also not fair to blame everything on toxic users.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Snowwii likes this.
  7. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

The word "noob" by itself is not inappropriate, hence it would never be filtered. It's a pretty light insult overall and to be honest, I never really see it used as anything more than just "you're such a noob". I don't see it overly often, so I don't really think that it's worth censoring. "Noob" is also often used as a joke, and even though we're lenient with some jokes it could lead to a lot of false warnings/mutes. So overall, I don't believe that "noob" will ever be censored. However, if you feel the need to report a player for insulting, file a report and a member of Reports Patrol will get back to you as soon as possible.

It has already been decided by a Rules Committee member that the word won't be censored. Due to this, and by request of Rules Committee, I will now be locking this thread as this word will not be filtered. If you want to continue this discussion, you are always welcome to message me or a Rules Committee member. You can find a member of RC by going here.

Thread Locked >> RC Requested/Not going to filter (also moved to Server Discussion)

Posted Mar 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.