• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Champions: A Forum Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shunorim, Jan 27, 2020.

?

Would you like to see a story series for Champions?

1. YES That sounds AWESOME!

2. I'd check it out

3. Not really...

4. No that's just horrible

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hello Champions and Mineplex Players, if you play Champs you might be familiar with who I am. KingAeon, BuilderSid, and now known as Shunorim but if not, here I am. My love for champs is pretty high up but I also love world building, story writing, and simply creating. So I thought it would be a cool idea to combine two things I love. I have actually been working on a fantasy book IRL along with a friend for the past three years, so I felt it an interesting idea to develop a sort of story for Champs/Clans just for fun. Another way I wanted to get people involved was by looking for artists to help with the project and fellow story writers. As well as bringing in avid champions players into the story. But I didn't want to spend lots of time and energy just to have it flop either. So I was wondering, would you guys, the community, read and follow something like this?

Just to give you guys an idea of what I am going for I have written a short blurb for readers to sample. :)

FIVE YOUNG HEROES MUST SET ASIDE THEIR DIFFERENCES IN AN UNSUSPECTING WORLD

An adolescent mage discovers the rise of a dark force in the land and is told a prophecy from the Archmages. He must venture into the world to find the Prideful Brute, the Keen Ranger, the Charlatan Assassin, and the Honorable Knight.
    But it won't be so easy, they must set aside one another's cultural differences, uncover hidden secrets of the 5 Clans, uphold the vow their leaders forgot, and decide where their loyalties lie. Nothing is as it seems in the unpredictable lands of Wildelyn.
    Will our heroes overcome their differences and accept the truth? Or will they and the 5 Clans all perish in the hands of evil...

For any Story Ideas, Requests to help with the story, Ideas for Art, and Requests to be in the story, my discord is [BuilderSid#6195]

Posted Jan 27, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 3, 2020
  2. Do it, I think that would be awesome. I'm also pretty good at thinking of ideas for stories and I'd love to help if you wanted it.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Shunorim likes this.
  3. Ty sooo much, I'll keep you in mind! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2020
  4. Very cool!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Shunorim likes this.
  5. I would like to be the ranger

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Shunorim likes this.
  6. Hey! I definitely like the idea of this, it sounds like a pretty interesting series. I’d love to help out in anyway possible, as I love aspiring writers and would be honored to aid you in improving your story. The general concept of the series is amazing, although you should plan a few things out ahead before writing your story. For example, what are the main characters names? Who/what is the antagonist? What will the major conflict (s) of the story be? These are just some things I thought I’d point out before you write your story (if you do decide to do so) I’m sure the community will appreciate everything you’ve done so far.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Shunorim likes this.
  7. Heyo!
    I really like this idea. I personally love writing stories myself and I’m an aspiring writer! This idea sounds really cool thing to write about. I think it would make for a great story. I’d definitely like to help with this in any way I can! And maybe.. you know... be in the story too xD. Anyway, this is something I’d definitely read! You should totally start writing. Also, good luck to you in the future, with your stories and all.

~LT

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Shunorim and xGetRektedx like this.
  8. Yes yes yes, ty ty, I didn't want to plan too far ahead and I do have things like that already written but I didn't want to divulge too much as well as divulge too little in case the concept wasn't received well. So far so good though, please send me your discord

OP OP
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  9. Thank you sooo much! Please send me your discord

OP OP
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  10. It would be interesting to see the different abilities used in fights. Maybe some made up powers as well, such as Life Bonds being able to puppet the dead or Roped Arrow letting someone hang down off of a ledge.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  11. Great minds think alike ;)

OP OP
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  12. That would actually be an amazing addition to this story!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  13. A really cool idea!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  14. So, I think a really good way to get people involved is to make like Illusion or just assassins, in general, the antagonist. That'd be cool. You could also do a progression element like the characters have to buy their abilities and add-in the system of achievements. You could also do it in the Champions timeline like the MP merge and the introduction of Clans and CTF and the departure of TDM. Maybe put in times in the past where builds were broken like OG Spider Brute or when Colossus could resist 100% of knockback. There are so many ways you can go with this and I don't think it can go wrong/

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Shunorim likes this.
  15. I support this idea, I hope it happens as I too have a great passion for champions.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    Shunorim likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    Shunorim likes this.
  17. well now you have an idea

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2020
  18. Very well written and thoughtout I think it should happen but things in forums usually get forgotten and then not processed :/ Also the sins should be the antagonist like @beanowonotanuwu said because sin bad.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    wowOK likes this.
  19. Hahahaha, Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2020
  20. yes, a filthy CTF player lol

Posted Jan 28, 2020