• 894 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3473 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Champs CTF or Dom?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by xHypey, Dec 4, 2019.

Tags:
?

Champs CTF or Dom?

1. Champions CTF

2. Champions Domination

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. With the (sorta) revival of champs, which one do you like better? ;)

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I prefer the Dominate game mode of Champions. I think it's a little more competitive because you are able to constantly cancel out points around the map and gain points for your team. I enjoyed playing CTF as well, but I just didn't get the same level of competitiveness from it as I do from Dominate.

Have a fantastic day!

-JYTG

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  3. I like Dominate more than CTF. I feel like I’ve grown up more with DOM than CTF, so I’m more used to that and comfortable with it and the overall mechanics. However, TDM is still superior :p

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  4. I only played Ctf a few times but it was fun running with your entire team around and having a massive combat

Felt like a real battlefield

Dom is cool tho but I spend most of time caping beacons and getting gems and healing my team but its boring

I mean I just could fight but then I would not cap and most of the time my team doesnt cap so we lose the game if I dont cap

I like Ctf more because you can just go out and fight a huge team battle

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  5. I like both Champions games but I prefer CTF. When I played the game a lot when it was still relatively popular, I remember that it was always exciting to sneak into the opposing team to steal the flag and run all the way back to score points. I became skilled over time as a result of grinding it and found the gameplay aspect of CTF to be very exciting. While I also enjoyed DOM, it lacked the same amount of suspense that I received from capturing flags. I still played it from time to time but I found CTF much more enjoyable. I'd love to play it again sometime and revisit my passion I had for the game a few years back.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  6. I like both of the Champion guys but DOM just stood out to be because once I joined the Mineplex server it was I believe one of the first games I've ever played and to this day it's still my favorite game. I love DOM because it's just so exhilarating and there's so much to explore and always having that fear of something coming to get you while you're trying to cap a point is just so exciting!

Posted Jan 4, 2020
  7. I am a fan of all Champions gamemodes, but TDM was my favourite. Throughout 2016 I played tons of it, along with CTF and DOM. I would call myself a casual Champions player. I like CTF because I usually just solo queue for most games, and also because the sudden death element resembles TDM, my favourite Champions gamemode, which was sadly removed, but if I were to be in a party, I think DOM would be more fun, as since it is a more competitive game, it requires a greater degree of teamwork, and not just individual skill.

Posted Jan 4, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 16, 2020 at 3:24 PM
  8. I do like CTF its a lot less reliant on your team however not many people play it so i find im waiting a very long time to join a game of it. Thats why i play dom more :d

- Paiynz

Posted Jan 4, 2020
  9. I don't play champions that much, but when I do, I always play DOM. I've only played CTF a few times and wasn't a massive fan of it. I find domination more competitive, and as stated above, it's easier to get into games. It may also be because a few years ago, I played some more of it, so there's some nostalgia. Overall I find DOM more enjoyable.

Posted Jan 4, 2020
  10. I used to play Champions a lot in the past years. I never got to play Capture the Flag a lot because I just liked Domination better. Now the reason is because of the queue for CTF. The line can be insanely long because of the lack of players on the mode. Both of those reasons have driven me to like Domination better. To me, the game mode adds an element of surprise to Domination, making the game unpredictable at times. Since the kits are balanced as well, it is hard to predict the outcome of a single match without using experimental probability with the same teams with the same kits. That is why Domination is my favorite game mode out of Champions.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  11. Super Smash Mobs

Posted Jan 5, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  12. I like to play both CTF and Domination. The one that I choose to play usually depends on if I am playing alone or with others. If I am solo queuing I would choose to play CTF because it is more relaxed and I can focus on PvP more rather than the objective, however if I am playing with a few others in a party I would be more inclined to play DOM, as in my opinion it requires more teamwork than in CTF and is more enjoyable with friends.

Posted Jan 16, 2020 at 2:48 PM
    Im_Ken likes this.
  13. I prefer the Domination mode as I am more of a PvPer than an objective-er, I just find combat more fun that having to stay in an area for a while whilst trying to fight off a whole flock of enemies coming at you at once.

Posted Jan 16, 2020 at 3:46 PM
  14. I enjoy CTF more because I like playing mage and defending the flag. I'm not good at pvp and personally it's difficult to find success with mage in Dominate. CTF is also a lot more team-oriented and often feels a lot fairer than Dominate, with a substantial proportion of games going to sudden death, which is also really enjoyable and tense.

Posted Jan 16, 2020 at 4:47 PM
    Im_Ken likes this.
  15. Hey!

Alright so this was a hard choice since i've had great memories with both. At first I thought it would easily be TDM, but then when thinking back, I realised it was definitely CTF! Capture the flag has always been a fun gamemode and when it was an intense, competitive game, it just made for more fun. CTF will definitely always be my favourite because of the great memories and the great feeling of capturing the enemy teams flag in overtime.

Posted Jan 16, 2020 at 8:24 PM
    Im_Ken likes this.
  16. Hey!
    I personally never really played either that much, however I would have to say I enjoyed domination a lot more. I felt like CTF always lasted longer then it needed to in my opinion. I felt like with how good some teams were at guarding their flag it just made it impossible to get it and I overall just got bored of the game very quickly. I overall enjoyed domination more because there was usually more fighting and I personally loved trying to capture beacons and the challenge of keeping them yours.

Posted Jan 17, 2020 at 12:07 AM