• 2270 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4354 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion change corrupted carl in halloween havoc

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by ArxCitadel, Oct 22, 2019.

1. hey guys,

i know this might sound stupid, but it seems to me like (even in normal mode) corrupted carl in halloween havoc is absurdly strong. i was ~6 blocks away, he exploded, i had diamond armor, and i died instantly. in hardcore mode it seems like it's even worse.
    what i was suggesting is that you could change the damage from carl. maybe not completely nerf it, but lower the damage to the point where it doesn't instantly kill you from 5-6 blocks away.

i understand the devs are super busy and i appreciate that, and if you guys don't have time for this i get it.
    just a suggestion, since me and 3 friends died in ~4 games in a row from corrupted carl.
    thanks! and have a nice one <3

-arx

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    Mitchy and Gzen like this.
  2. Heyo!

While the Corrupted Carl is definitely very strong, I don't believe any changes will or should be changed here, mainly due to this game not staying for a long time. This seems to be more of a balancing issue, and while it would be a nice change for casual, it probably isn't priority as of now. The part that I agree with you is Normal Corrupted Carl, but I am fine with it staying as is. The game is meant for a team aspect, and it also requires a lot of strategy. I suggest having one person watch to alert you when one spawns, having your sounds up, playing as Rogue, or keeping a look out on your own. These are all very good ways to avoid it, and it is how the game is meant to be played. If you guys keep dying, you most likely need more communication between each other and just to form a better strategy. I'll leave this at a -1 for now, but as a proposal for next year I wouldn't mind this alteration being put into play. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    Gzen likes this.
  3. Heyo!

I totally agree that Corrupt Carl is way to overpowered. However, I don't really see any point in changing it now. As we are getting closer to Halloween and the removal of Halloween Havoc I really don't think it's necessary to nerf them. There are strategies of defeating Carl's and in my opinion, the best way is to use Rouge and using the Swift Stike ability. Anyways, I really don't think this is necessary at the moment, but hopefully, in next years version, the development team will take this into account. I'll be giving this a -1 for now but thanks for suggesting!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  4. I agree that Corrupted Carl’s are absurdly strong, but I don’t think they should be changed because that’s kind of how they’re meant to be. The Carl’s are a good way of stopping people instantly killing Gendo or the Pumpkin King, as they require you to switch your attention onto them to swiftly take them out. They’re also easy to identify by the firework sound effect that plays when they spawn in and the green particles, which I feel gives players plenty of time to retreat. I think most people rush when trying to kill them, which is why they end up dying. You definitely need to make sure you get one or two hits in and no more otherwise they will explode and kill you. Unfortunately, I’ll have to give this idea a -1 for now.

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  5. Carl is supposed to be that strong :D

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  6. ye hes a charged creeper they can do 48+1/2 hearts of damage, enugh to kill u almost 5 times

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  7. I agree that the damage that Carl does is too strong on normal. As other responses have said, there isn't any point in changing it this late. I hope they take this post into consideration for next year because the damage level is a bit too high. Thanks for this suggestion!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  8. I'm fairly certain that the development team won't spend any more time on a temporary game that would probably last a little more than a week. Despite the high chance that the game wouldn't be modified at this point, I think it would still be useful for future reference. Corrupted Carl is very strong and it would be nice to nerf its strength so that players do not get killed instantly. However, it is not difficult to avoid getting exploded by Carl if players have an eye out for it during certain stages in the game. It also serves as a nice challenge and doesn't make the game very easy. Regardless, a slight nerf on Carl wouldn't hurt.

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  9. hihi,

Personally, I do not agree with changing how the Corrupted Carls deal their damage. Not only will the game only be here for a few short weeks, I find that they are pretty easy to defeat and not too overpowered. Whenever I play HH, I find that directly attacking the Carls can be really hard to actually be a good way to kill then, so I usually play Rogue and just dash through them. However, I do not see them being too overpowered especially since they only appear when fighting Gendo and the Pumpkin King, so it is not like they are there all game. Furthermore, I find that in the regular version of Halloween Horror, that without the Carls, the game can be almost too easy, and that they can be sometimes what cause people to need to say attention. Overall, I think they are fine how they are and do not need to be changed.

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  10. I disagree with this. Corrupted Carls are supposed to be dealt with by the Rogues in the game, as they can just dash through them. When with your teammates, make sure to tell them to back off and let you deal with the Carls (if you're a rogue) so they can survive. Although the blast radius is large and they instantly kill, they are relatively easy to deal with if proceeding with caution. These also only appear in Gendo's fight and the Pumpkin King fight, so they are quite rare and don't spawn more than two at a time.

-1 from me

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  11. I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me thinks that the difficulty level is fine in both modes.
    They’re relatively easy to kill as long as they don’t sneak up on you. I think having them instantly kill players helps provide an emphasis on the team aspect of Halloween Havoc. If you work well with your team, you should be able to avoid them. Also, for something small like this, I don’t believe the game will be changed, considering that it’s a temporary event and it won’t be here much longer.

That being said, if a change did happen, I wouldn’t be completely opposed to a damage reduction for corrupt carls in normal mode. Sometimes they can result in the end of the game as they can kill multiple players at once which can be annoying.

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  12. I wish I knew what y’all we’re talking about, I don’t usually play java

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  13. I disagree with the change of Corrupted Carl as this is meant to be a challengable minigame. It's too late to alter the change as we're getting close to the end of October. I know it frustrates most of the players who died by Carl, and I don't like it when I died too. The best way to kill Corrupted Carl is to take time, and don't get close to them. If Carl charges their explosion, run far as much as you can. I don't think it'll be a great idea to nerf Carl overall. -1

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  14. Hey mate, I do agree with you that Carl is insanely overpowered in both modes of the Halloween Havoc game mode in Mineplex. Unfortunately, I don't really think that he will be removed as the Halloween Havoc game mode is meant to be really hard and you need to strategically find a way to defeat Corrupted Carl without getting caught in its explosion. I'm not gonna lie, I would like it if it was nerfed a little bit but I honestly doubt that it'll be nerfed because if you logically think about it all of the Halloween Havoc games each year have been pretty hard to accomplish. One other thing is that Carl doesn't really spawn that often and never spawns in groups so as long as your teammates don't hit Carl into you ya should be completely fine with taking it on. Most of the time in Halloween Havoc I have easily been able to take out Carl quite efficiently and it's only an issue when my teammate hits Carl into me or Carl sneaks up on me from behind. I do agree that with the main-melee kits it's quite annoying because you can't safely take out Carl but as long as your a Rogue or a projectile hero you should be able to take out Carl pretty easy. As long as good communication and teamwork are combined Carl is never usually an issue.
    - TheProTroller

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  15. Yo,
    This is very true and I totally agree with you on this, but tbh I don't really see a major downfall in not updating this as this is a Limited Time Gamemode, meaning it will come in another year and may even change back to Halloween Horror, in which this case, I hope to GOD IT DOES. But I guess things will have to be bared with for now.
    Thanksssssss,
    BitByBitx32

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  16. Hi there! As many other lovely people here have pointed out, you are correct! Corrupted Carl does a bit too much damage. Part of that is due to the fact that the game is intentionally hard and he doesn’t come to much later on in the game though. It adds an extra challenge to the game that makes it different and fun, so personally I don’t see a change necessary for that reason. Also, it’s quite late into the season and the game will be removed soon so I don’t personally see it necessary to change it.

Sorry this didn’t work out better, but I definitely see where you’re coming from!

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  17. From what I can see, the general response to the idea is that it doesn't really need to be nerfed right now as It's a temporary game, and I definitely agree. I'm not against this idea and seriously think that carl needs to be nerfed, but I can see these changes rolling out next year. As people above have suggested, a great way to kill carl is to use rogue and go through him. Even switching player view (f5) helps a bit, but communication is key. I think It's a definite change for normal mode, but I'm not too sure for challenger. I think keeping it the same for challenger is better, but it may need a slight nerf. I'm not giving this a +1 or -1, I'm staying neutral, as I'm not opposed to this idea but this isn't a priority right now. Thanks for the idea.

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  18. Heyo!

I agree with the fact that Corrupted Carl is overpowered. On the other hand, we must also acknowledge the fact that this special event has to be somewhat hard to win as this would attract further people into the minigame, trying round after round to win the game and get the reward that is quite high. If we made the limited timed minigame easy and not challenging, players would just play it once, get the reward and move on. In my opinion, Corrupted Carl is one of the factors that make this minigame more challenging. By removing it, the likelihood of players winning game after game would be higher. I do understand however that some players aren't as skilled in the game as others due to various reasons like being new to the game, but if you look at other minigames like Cakewars, Skywars, and Survival Games, they too can be challenging and hard to win sometimes. Having Corrupted Carl being this overpowered can also make the game more fun; teamwork can come in handy in this circumstance where players would have to warn each other if they see Corrupted Carl chasing one of them around. Overall, I'd have to disagree with the idea and give it a -1 as the game would be more challenging how it is with Corrupted Carl being this powerful.

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  19. I honestly think the first stage of the game is a tad bit too hard. It's fine in normal mode as you're able to clear the giant and have control over the situation before Gendo spawns, but in Hardcore it is very easy to lose this control over one single issue: Corrupted Carls. It is very easy to die to them just because of a short lag spike or a physical barricade and once you get revived, one or two more Carls appear as well, and then it becomes really hard to even land hits on Gendo due to the number of mobs.

It can be argued however that it takes skill and coordination in order to be able to control the overall situation, but for those who are being more casual about it or aren't in a call, the Corrupted Carls often tip the scales in the Undead's favor. Considering that the game has been out for over two weeks, I don't expect it to be changed however.

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  20. Right now, I definitely agree that Corrupted Carls should just stay the same. Sure, the range on them is absolutely ridiculous, the worst part for me is when I blink and someone triggers carl which kills me midair due to the range on carl! Personally, while I think a nerf wouldn't hurt, I wouldn't say we should nerf them. Firstly, they're meant to add that risk factor and difficulty to the game in the first place, and secondly, I think that since the game is already like 15 days from being removed (most likely) I would be surprised if it actually was nerfed at this stage!​

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    CupAGhost likes this.