• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8821 Players Online
  • 5931 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Change how the achievement skills are used in clans.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by LordOfTeeth, Mar 1, 2020.

1. To start off, this is only part of my idea, I'm planning on making a post about clans achievements later.
    Right now, the powerful skills like static lazer, illusion, and roped axe (maybe not powerful but...) are available to clans players once they complete the champions achievements. Right off the bat, this doesn't really make sense, why should I have to play Champions to use skills in clans? One of the reasons on why separate servers requiring DOM wins was denied (or disliked) was that it would require people to play DOM rather than clans to join. Another issue with the current system is that hackers can get accounts with Illusion (or other skills) if they're lucky. I for instance (don't hack) have three accounts with all achievements, and while this isn't a huge problem it doesn't make sense that I can use these skills that I earned years and years ago.
    The fix to all of these issues would be to add Clans achievements that reset every season. These achievements shouldn't be too farmable, and should be possible to get by a solo player (just to make it more fair). I'll go more in depth as to what achievements should be added, but having skills linked to them would stop alts from getting powerful skills, and would limit so many people from having skills like Illusion at the very start of the season.

Posted Mar 1, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  2. I for one am personally against not using Champions wins for Clans, because Champions teaches people more about Clans than Clans does, especially without the tutorial. As for Clans achievements that unlock the skills, I'm definitely fine with that; however the code-base is not separated at the moment, so I'm pretty sure that until it is, this idea is not possible. However, I could be wrong, so that being said-- submit a simpler version of this idea (so that it's easy to follow) in the MCD discord, which I can invite you to (Xion#1082) if you're not already in it. Then, if it has a good ratio, I'll forward it and see if it is possible to implement.

Posted Mar 3, 2020
    Fall likes this.
  3. I mean champions only teaches new players about the type of pvp used in clans, and even the pvp meta of champions is vastly different than in clans. Having clans achievements that combine learning the pvp of clans and the other parts of clans (ie the events and other mechanics) would help newer players learn more about clans pvp and how to play the other parts of the game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2020
  4. I highly suggest in the future that you post the full detailed suggestion, so that there's no confusion and that you get more feedback on your suggestions. I also suggest to have as much of the information in one thread as you can, if it's really necessary make sure to link all relating threads so that it's easier for CM and GI to have all the information they need.

As for the thread, "why should I have to play Champions to use skills in clans?" Champions was created first, therefore all the achievements for the gamemode are currently made for TDM, DOM and CTF. Before CTF achievements were added, it was based around DOM and TDM, without Clans being in mind. The goal wasn't to force players to play DOM, it just so happens that as a gamemode, there has not been an update for Clans related achievements. With the most recent update involving the addition of a semi-stats system added in Clans, I'm sure achievements for Clans are in the works.

"The fix to all of these issues would be to add Clans achievements that reset every season." So are you saying every season you should complete a set of achievements to get access to specific skills in Clans? If that's the point here, I don't believe you should be forced to do it over and over every season. Once is fine, as is every other game on the network. Overtime I would personally get annoyed with this, if I worked hard to complete achievements I expect it to be an "achievement", I expect for it to remain on my stats indefinitely. I agree with making sure it's possible to do the achievements alone, but then again remember that Clans is a team game, just like Dominate is. So it may just make sense to have them be group effort, the game is not designed to be played solo although some people do play it solo.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  5. Honestly clans needs to be rebooted

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    LordOfTeeth likes this.