• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6179 Players Online
  • 3289 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Change Immortal Color On Forums

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by UCYT5040, Jul 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This feature will allow players with immortal rank to change their name color on the forums. For example my name UCYT5040 (if your looking at this in July 2020 it is UCYT_uwu_5040) is blue, but immortals are locked to yellow. They should be able to change it.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  2. If I recall correctly, name colors on the forums are provided by your rank, and cannot be modified without the help of an admin. And even then, they wouldn't be modified.

This was back when the forums were on Enjin, but I'm not sure if it'd still work like that on these forums.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  3. I haven't used xenForo since like 2017 and don't remember much of how it works, but it would be somewhat hard to implement and overall it wouldn't look too great (and might even messy) on the forums (at least in my opinion).
    As well as the Immortal tag image is yellow, it would look off and inconsistent with the name, unless they also would remake the images in multiple different colors, which again would look messy in my opinion.

Here is a little demo of how it would look in the "New Posts" widget: https://i.imgur.com/WGsv1vm.png
    Which with all the other ranks being the same color could start looking confusing to people.

Yes, they are.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  4. Yes, but i think the colour for your immortal rank should be optional :) I know it would be confusing for many players but i think they'll get used to it eventually.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  5. Yes, indeed. After some time people would get use to it and wouldn't really mind it.
    But it still wouldn't look very good and possibly be hard to manage, at least in my opinion.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  6. I'm no developer, but I'm sure something like this could be possible to code. Either way, I'm still against this. Many people have already concerns over how in-game chats can get messy because of the Immortal's prefix, which I agree with myself. Adding this option to change your prefix on forums would also make them look messier and it would just generate more confusion regarding Immortal and it's color prefix perk in my opinion.

It's not something that's really needed too, so I don't think this should be on the main priority list if it were to be added in the end, which I doubt will happen either way.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  7. I agree with @Klobby . I think being able to change your Immortal colour on the forums would make things too messy. Since Immortals can change their prefix to be the same colour as other ranks this could also cause confusion. Also, what would happen with the background colour on Immortals posts? Would this also match with the colour of their prefix? If so, that would make things way too messy in my opinion, so I'll have to disagree with this idea unfortunately.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  8. As much as I think this would be cool, I don't think this is the best course of action. I personally like the in-game feature of changing your rank color, but I have to agree it does make tab look a little messy. I think that doing this to the forums as well will have the same result. I really like how clean the website looks now, and I think that adding this would only be detrimental.

So while it seems like a cool idea on the surface, I think that the pros outweigh the cons.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  9. Maybe they could change every month at the same time. For example, one month yellow, next month green, and so on.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2020
  10. We won't be adding this as it'll be very, very messy looking. Even if it was a thing to change once a month, it'll still look like a rainbow threw up on the forums and can become confusing for new people.
    : (

Since we don't forsee letting any rank change their colors, I'll be locking this. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.