• 610 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4324 Players Online
  • 3714 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Change Mixed Arcade Lobby Selector

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by mab8400, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Currently the lobby selection in the compass (for all game modes) is ordered by the amount of players in each lobby; the least full to the leftmost, the most full to the middle/right. My proposal is to make the order numerical, where MIN-1 is the left most, and MIN-8 would be rightmost. This way, we do not miss-click a lobby that is about to start instead of a lobby that just gained a player count that puts it in its place. The reason why this is needed is due to people trying to specifically get into a game with a certain game mode that they like to play. For example, if someone wants to join Snake because they love that game or whatever reason. The chaos of the lobbies moving around constantly makes it hard to keep track of which lobby someone wants to join, since it's difficult to really predict if it will stay in that same place. This isn't like a huge deal or a super necessary change, but it would make things a lot more convenient. It happens to me maybe a dozen times every day in which I miss out on some games entirely. Again, this would be more for Mixed-Arcade's priority but could apply to all games.

Here's a quick video demonstrating it;

Anyways, this is just something I could see benefiting the Mixed Arcade community a lot better; if there is an upcoming update for the games/entirety of MIN then I think this should be considered to be part of that update.

Posted Jan 16, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 17, 2021
    Nrrillinthas likes this.
  2. Just a note, the video doesn't demonstrate me losing the chance at getting into a game, but rather illustrates what would happen in that scenario. I commonly miss games by less than half a second because the lobbies are hard to locate accurately in the GUI

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2021
  3. While I personally have never experienced the issue you are referring to, I can certainly understand how that would be frustrating. As you said in your post, this certainly isn't a huge problem, but it definitely seems like a small QoL issue, so I would 100% support updating the Mixed Arcade lobby selector to numerical order.

I don't have much to add, as it is pretty straight forward, and if it is possible, I really wouldn't mind seeing it added, if it improves players QoL.

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  4. Hey!

I agree with the idea. While it only seems useful because of the annoyance of the lobbies switching around constantly, it still would be a great help. Honestly, the lobbies just need to be set in place in any order. Numerical works of course, but I wouldn't mind any order, as long as they aren't moving around. To be fair, this should work for every game that relates to this type of system, creates a simpler environment regarding lobbies. Anyways, thanks for the idea!

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    mab8400 likes this.
  5. Is this for Java?

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  6. Yes

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  7. I agree with this change not only for Mixed Arcade but also for NANO. Although honestly at that point just bring it to everywhere - players can already queue normally and don't need to be looking for lobbies unless they're searching for a specific game in NANO or MA which I do often just like you.

Posted Jan 31, 2021