• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3377 Players Online
  • 3377 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Change the Rule to Teaming in Block Hunt

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by AppleSauceRules, Mar 10, 2021.

1. I believe it should not be punishable for not attacking a hider as a hunter, even if said hunter lets the hider kill them repeatedly SINCE killing hunters gives away hider position indirectly (just follow the hunter who got killed by a hider). The ONLY time teaming should be punishable is if the player is clearly trying to prevent hunters from winning. So letting a hider kill you is worse for hunter team than trying to kill them, BUT if you are sneaky and sly you will perhaps LET the hider kill you MULTIPLE times to let the hider drop their guard (rather than risking being killed while trying to kill said hider AND the hider being vigilant afterwards) and then use team chat to message other hunters to follow you (but far away enough for the hider to not get spooked) and then one of the times you let yourself get killed you tell the hunter(s) {preferably multiple and skilled at PvP especially if you suck at PvP} to go in for the kill, and hopefully nobody tells the hider this so then the hider will most likely not assume the hunter was tricking them and you can do the same thing the rounds afterwards.

Now if you block other hunters from killing the hider, THEN that should be punishable, but if you are not fighting back, well I feel like that should not be punishable as long as you aren't clearly trying to hinder other hunters.

Posted Mar 10, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 10, 2021
  2. When I was a staff member I was always told that Block Hunt was subject to cross-teaming rules. Should you have sufficient evidence, this should be sufficient for a cross-teaming ban.

That said, it's very difficult to prove cross-teaming in Block Hunt. If you have evidence I would recommend contacting a member of Reports Patrol to see if they think your accusations are grounds for a report and if they think the evidence you've collected is sufficient. If you haven't collected evidence, please keep an eye out for any future occurrences and record what you can.

I see you're on our Java network, which means you can take advantage of StaffRequest. I would encourage you to join the StaffRequest community and notify a Moderation official of any future instances of this you encounter. This way, the burden of evidence doesn't rest with you (though you should still record) and, more beneficially, the issue may be dealt with faster than via a report.

Finally, as a Java player with a sufficient rank, you can always use /report. However, I would recommend recording and using StaffRequest over /report.

Posted Mar 10, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  3. @ClassyOwl IM NOT REPORTING ANYONE, I am simply trying to let the Mineplex Staff (specifically RC) that not killing hiders BY ITSELF should not be bannable.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 10, 2021
  4. The instance you just describes seems soo oddly specific to me that I'm not sure this needs to be a concern in day-to-day games. As far as I know, the main thing we're looking for here is if a hunter and hider are standing on each other, neither one fighting. If the hider is killing the hunter repeatedly, this isn't going to be punishable. Reason being we wouldn't know if the hunter is just new to the game, afk, or something like that.

Have you or someone you know been punished for this specific instance? If not, I'm curious why you wanted to specify in this thread such a specific situation that already shouldn't be punishable.

Posted Mar 11, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  5. Because it has been punished before although the person didn't get to the messaging Hunter Team part after letting the hider kill them like 20 times to ensure when they see hunter nametags nearby they wont be too spooked, which I understand why the mod banned the player because of it, but if the mod would have waited longer, they would have realized the player (me) would have messaged the hunter team to follow.

October 21st ‘20: Directly hindering your team (even in games with 2 teams) by actions such as not killing an enemy in front of your intentionally, letting an enemy kill you without fighting back, etc is now punishable under Gameplay Trolling

Dulciloquy you are a liar, the rule clearly states it.

BUT if you are sneaky and sly you will perhaps LET the hider kill you MULTIPLE times to let the hider drop their guard (rather than risking being killed while trying to kill said hider AND the hider being vigilant afterwards) and then use team chat to message other hunters to follow you (but far away enough for the hider to not get spooked) and then one of the times you let yourself get killed you tell the hunter(s) {preferably multiple and skilled at PvP especially if you suck at PvP} to go in for the kill

^^
    Example of letting the enemy kill you without fighting back AND not killing an enemy in front of you intentionally.

Have you or someone you know been punished for this specific instance? If not, I'm curious why you wanted to specify in this thread such a specific situation that already shouldn't be punishable.

^^
    THIS IS WHY I AM SO MAD ABOUT MINEPLEX, THE GOD DAMN STAFF CANNOT BE CONSISTENT WITH WHAT THEY THINK IS AGAINST THE RULES! And this is AFTER the rule was changed, and it hasn't been changed since (to my knowledge plus I looked on the Rules page)

@Toki YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT MODS THINK IS AGAINST THE RULES! Please modify the Gameplay Trolling rule, or at least make it so mods don't contradict themselves.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 11, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 11, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  6. No.

If you don't want to contribute as a hunter, so be it. Leave the game and rejoin as a spectator. It's that simple.

Posted Mar 11, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  7. Yeah just leave the game

Posted Mar 11, 2021
    james610 likes this.
  8. brilliant, brilliant response. this post epitomises what i wish this website was about. quality, concise, and thought-provoking insight.
    if you'll excuse me, i wish to ponder this in private.

might i add that your forums signature is excellent.

Posted Mar 11, 2021
    Paladise and BINGUSLOVER27 like this.
  9. YES THANK YOU!!! I TRIED MY BEST TO GIVE A GOOD DETAILED RESPONSE!!

Posted Mar 12, 2021
    james610 likes this.
  10. I find both of these thread replies to be quite unrelated towards the thread, however, thank you for your contribution of ideas to the forums :)

In response to your thread, I think you’ve fabricated such a specific scenario that will literally never occur, and in the case that it does I doubt nobody will have thought about this sequence of events as thoroughly as you have, so I trust that you will live and turn out somewhat* fine

Posted Mar 12, 2021
    BINGUSLOVER27 and james610 like this.
  11. Just because you were banned for that doesn't mean it should be something not punishable Kobra :P.

Posted Mar 17, 2021
  12. Hello!

I disagree that hunters can allow certain hiders to live, regardless if you let them kill you in order to let their guard down. The hiders would be able to gain a hyper axe while killing you, additionally lowering the chance to kill them within the time limit. Moreover, if you let a hider live, it hurts the team as a whole. Hunters have to work together to help kill the hiders. If a hider is left alive, all the hunters lose. However, I do agree that teaming, particularly ghosting, has been a huge issue recently and should addressed, such as spectators not being allowed in game while the game is active.

Thank You!
    TigerGoesGrr

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    mab8400 likes this.
  13. From what I've seen in staff discussions or other threads related to this rule, I don't think things are going to change. As much as I'm a big fan of Block Hunt and my favorite aspect of the game is the interaction with others, it's unfair of someone to ruin the fun for other players in the lobby that are trying to play the game as it's intended. I'm going to disagree with this mostly for the reasons above.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  14. What's so wrong about hiders teaming with each other. They're practically on the same team, right? Also, Block Hunt is one of my most favorite games on Mineplex. The interaction with each other isn't meant to ruin the fun for players who like starting at hunter. I'm sorry to say but, I have to disagree with you.

Posted Apr 18, 2021