• 1044 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9482 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Change to Subteams list

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by RobbiinK, Aug 15, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you think this should be added?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. To help explain this idea, I'll create a scenario:

Imagine you're a player that needs to contact a member of the rules committee team, you go to www.mineplex.com/subteams and you start clicking on each profile listed under "Rules Committee" to try and find someone that is online. Instead of having to click on each and every profile, why not just list the staff on that team that are online first? Either in a whole new list altogether or by adding a green "online status" dot to every name. It may look something like this:

[​IMG]

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    n8wes, xUmbreon, Yato and 4 others like this.
  2. hi robbin

i think its a good idea, would be nice to see who is online but im not sure it'd be useful to people looking for an instant reply either way.

+1 either way

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.
  3. It won't always get someone an instant reply, and we'd have to make it update the instant the staff goes offline, which I'm not sure we can do or not. I say this because when you're on the main forums page, and scroll to the bottom, it shows you players that are "online" when really half the people closed the tab and it's just counting a timer until it hits 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes is up that person is no longer considered "online."

It might end up disappointing some players to not get an instant reply because they saw the staff member was "online" in the list, but really they were doing something and maybe never saw the message pop up.

I would't mind adding this regardless, but I just wanted to point those out. I'll give it a +1

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.
  4. What’s poppin!

Personally I really like this idea as it will be able to help a lot more people find staff members more easily Incase someone needs to contact them regarding something about a sub team. Also if I could add onto your idea about changing the subteam section I think it would be nice to update the subteam section. For an example include CCC into the Trainee+ subteam as it is a Trainee subteam. There’s probably more such as some outdated subteams and some that aren’t listed.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  5. I'm pretty sure it's a great idea to add QoL improvements. It helps the user who can contact the staff members directly. The only issue is that what if their invisibility status has enabled on the forums? Then, it won't mark their IGN as an "online" member.

I don't see why not, and I'm all to everything you have, RobbinK! +1

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.
  6. CCC being in the wrong section is a known issue. If theres a subteam that isnt there or should be moved/renamed/etc. please submit a website bug report so I can forward it.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    January34 likes this.
  7. Part of it is to make the subteams page (and as a result the website in general) seem more up to date and modern if that makes any sense?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 20, 2019
  8. I actually think this would make a fantastic addition for multiple reasons. Personally, when I’m doing appeals, it will usually be for an extended period of time depending on how large the queue is. If someone were to attempt to contact me, as I would be online, I would easily be able to see it. Although I’m technically not on any subteam, it would make everyone’s life easier and would work well for trying to contact any online staff members. I’m all for the addition of this.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Kyuine likes this.
  9. Hey!
    I think that this sounds like an amazing idea. As you mentioned this would simply improve the chances of someone getting a quicker response. I think that would simple change would make a great QoL improvement. A line of text showing online members would improve the chances or getting a quicker response, which is good if you have an urgent question, or you need someone from that team right away. Overall, I'm all for adding this change to the forums, +1 from me!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  10. I really like this idea as it's easier to check for online staff in the sub-team list or, maybe have a "Online staff" list when you're on the main forum page.

But for this idea, I give it a +1

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.
  11. I like this. It makes it way more convenient for players to find someone to ask questions to. My only issue is that there are some staff members that simply don't respond to their forum messages, so even if they displayed as online, the players still may not receive responses. As a community member in need, I would suggest finding someone that frequently posts on the forums from the sub-team rather than just anyone. You'll be more likely to get a response that way. Ultimately, I think this should still be implemented because the people that are on the forums more often are more likely to be the ones that are going to respond.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  12. Seems helpful,

+1

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  13. Yo!

I believe this is a good idea because users are able to go on and see current team members online. But, I mean mineplex.com/staff as a variety of sub teams. But, it could be useful for seeking online team members and making things easier. Anyways, awesome idea and good luck.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  14. I think this would be a really good QoL to the forums. Would help a lot of people out seeing who is online on the team you need. This could also help a lot in-game when people are looking for a QA. A downside of this is that maybe people will get the wrong message and keep bugging staff or using it for situations that don't require them. Maybe there could be a setting where staff doesn't have to appear online. Other than that, it's a good idea. +1

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  15. I am unsure whether this addition would be useful. At least based on the DMs I used to deal with, staff aren't often asked urgent questions on the forums. If it's quick work for the web developers then I have nothing against it, but especially with subteams like RC it doesn't take too much time to view each member's online status (which can be toggled too, by the way).

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  16. Yeah, I have to agree with this.
    I don't believe staff that don't have to be on the forums will always respond even if they are online.

This also goes to @_H2O.
    I suppose we could make a button to turn it off, but I really don't want staff to be worrying about having to turn that off or having to be invis forever. It reminds me of communities and friends list in-game where we can all set our status to invisible so we don't get called out for something or stalked. I don't want the community becoming upset or calling out staff for not responding here on the forums when they don't have to.

Posted Aug 26, 2019