• 1239 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3818 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Changes to MPS/Communities

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Thunderer4215, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm probably going to end up with nothing changed, but I'm putting ideas here anyways. For any MPS, I think that there should be an option to change what co-hosts can do. This could mean:

Allow then to whitelist/unwhitelist
    Remove ability to do certain things such as change game, rotaton, remove/unremove, or change settings
    Edit what games/settings they can change, eg prevent them from setting to Minestrike if your computer cannot handle resource packs.

Also for MPS, add Bawk Bawk Battles and NANO games. Maybe for NANO games to choose the game you right click, and instead of a map, there is a list of the NANO games.

And I heard co-leaders in communities can DISBAND THE COMMUNITY. I think that you should be able to change what they can do or remove that power. If that's even true.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also maybe add different co-host ranks that you can control what they can do.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  2. Personally, I don't really understand why there is a need to change permissions for co-hosts in MPS. If someone has co-host in your MPS and does something that you don't like, just remove their co-host privilege. As a MPS host, you have the power to control who is co-host and who isn't, so I don't think there needs to be something specific to change their permissions. It may be helpful for YouTubers/YTs or Twitch users, but other than that, it seems simple enough just to remove that person from co-host. To me, the point of co-hosts is to have someone that has the same permissions as you to help out, not limit them to specific permissions. My opinion is the same for community co-leaders.

As for NANO Games and Bawk Bawk Battles becoming part of the MPS regimen, I would love to see that. Unfortunately, at least as far as I know, due to coding and other technical aspects, both games can't be added to MPS.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
  3. Like _H2O said, this wouldn't be a good idea to implement. It's ultimately the host's decision to give a player co-host, so they can revoke it whenever they please. It just seems like a problem because I believe most people like how it is already. Adding different co-host ranks would also require a lot of unnecessary development. For now, it's a -1 from me.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  4. Hey there!

I do not see any point of having to add additional changes for the MPS Host/Co-Host. If you do not want someone who has the power to control someone's MPS, you can just revoke their co-host privilege. Like what _H2O and Joiined said that it will be unnecessary to implement this, so I will have to agree with both of them. I will have to give it a -1 which is likely not going to happen.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  5. Like what everyone said above me, the MPS Host has all the power and can change who has and doesnt have Co-Host. I like the idea behind it, however, I dont see it worth the time for this to be developed and added. Also have to agree with H2O about Nano Games and Bawk Bawk Battles.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  6. Hello,
    I am going to have to agree with the people above. If you make someone a co host in your MPS that means that you should trust them with the controls given to them. It simply wouldn't be worth developer time to add limits to the abilities of co hosts, as they can simple be demoted by the host if they are doing bad. For bawk bawk battles and nano games, I would enjoy playing them in MPS very much, and if it is a feasible task to code, I am all for it. Thanks.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Jan 8, 2019
  7. Hey!

Though most people don't agree with the changes above, it doesn't mean there shouldn't be any changes. When MPS get their update, I wouldn't be surprised if co-host permission has been tweaked a bit. Things could be different and things that you suggested could be implemented. I can see where you are coming from with these changes since you would usually give co-host to your friend or someone you trust. But also remember that there are people who advertise their MPS using "giving co-host" in their message to encourage people to join. So in those situations, I guess you wouldn't want to give the co-host much power or the same power as the host. I see where you are coming from though and It's an interesting idea.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  8. Gonna respond to each idea in list format

I wouldn't mind seeing the whitelist permission being given to co-hosts so I'll add that to our list of MPS updates.

Don't give out co-host if you don't want people changing games/settings.

BBB isn't coming back, unfortunately. Putting nano games into MPS is a lot of work so it'll be a while before that gets done. Not a priority at the moment.

Co-Leaders can't disband communities, only the owner can.

Adding more co-host ranks would complicate the system and it doesn't seem necessary.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.