• 2303 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7218 Players Online
  • 4915 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Changing how CMODs handle disbands

Discussion in 'Clans' started by tompaine, May 26, 2019.

1. When a CMOD disbands a hacker clan, the automated message does not reveal the clan's coordinates.

I've played since season 1 and always seen the situation left up to players needing to know, or find, the disbanded base. Players who pay attention to who is where on the map get rewarded by arriving at the base first.

There is a new-ish CMOD (not a new mod, just new to Clans) who is broadcasting the coordinates in public chat this season, going so far as saying he "has to do it." When another player pointed out there is no such rule, and if there was, the automated disband message would have included the coordinates, the CMOD got smarmy and dismissive in his replies.

This is an issue because there is pervasive hacking in Clans now. Hackers don't generally pay close attention in the game. When this CMOD announces the coordinates, he's handing the disbanded loot over to the best hackers who are on at the time.

It's a fact that a good toggler can conceal his hacking from an observing CMOD. Heck, even Mineplex recognizes this because it won't allow any mods except Quality Assurance to ban for 'Reach' because it's so hard to judge. So even if the CMOD observes the disbanded base being looted, he's still handed the loot over to hackers. (If someone doesn't realize this, he's woefully naive about the number of hackers in the game.)

Can someone with authority please do one of the following:

1. Instruct CMODs not to disclose base coordinates.

2. Despawn illegitimately obtained loot prior to a disband.

One or the other, PLEASE. The last thing we need is legendaries going from hacker clan to hacker clan because of CMOD behavior.

Posted May 26, 2019
  2. No.

Posted May 26, 2019
    Sydneyz likes this.
  3. Yeah, I dont think it is fair to lose 10s of sets or a couple leggies to a cheater clan, and then have all that stuff go to another, but also no, because of the fact that disbanding a clan wouldn't be as fun to raid

Posted May 26, 2019
  4. That's contradictory. You acknowledge the disbanded clan's loot will be taken by another cheating clan, but then say keeping the coordinates unpublished wouldn't be as fun. So, do you think it's fun to fight a cheating clan for loot (and lose, because, you know, they cheat), or because you're a member of a cheating clan and enjoy the extra kills?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 26, 2019
  5. It's about Adriannaa disbanding Onmacht I'm assuming. Busjack5 has also done this before, so I am assuming it's allowed. There might be a non-public rule among staff having to do this. I personally think there is no problem with this. Coordinates should be leaked, as it is actually more fair for players, because if only few clans knew then only they would get gear. Your actual argument should be towards cheating needing to be looked at more carefully instead of staff not leaking coordinates.

Posted May 26, 2019
  6. Okay, I'm going to jump in here as a CM who does disbands. Nobody is going to prevent CMs from disclosing coords, and we do not have to put the coords in chat, it's just something I do if I'm feeling nice. Second of all, generally before we disband a clan, we will delete all glitched items, but we can't realistically return each and every item to the previous owner. I know that some CM will stay watching a base after they've disbanded though, just for the purpose of preventing hackers from getting everything.

Posted May 26, 2019
  7. I didn't know you speak for those administratively above you.

It was a third, different CMOD. I've not seen Adriannaa on my server this season. I've seen Busjack5 disband twice on my server and when people asked him for the coordinates he did not reply.

OP OP
  8. They have choices in accord to what Naicul said.

Posted May 26, 2019
  9. Right, and I'm complaining about one of those choices. To me, it's unjustifiable to hand illegitimately obtained loot from one cheating clan to another cheating clan. A CMOD can talk about about how they're technically not doing that, but effectively that's exactly what they're doing.

OP OP
  10. NauculS said they delete glitched items...the illegitimate loot is gone before it is disbanded

Posted May 26, 2019
  11. Three clans were disbanded today on my server and all of them had their loot. The looting of the bases was a big deal.

This has been the case since season 1 in my experience. I've never been on when a clan was disbanded to find the chest contents despawned. One time I got nine leggies specifically because I knew the base's location and the hackers on at the time did not.

I welcome CMODs despawning loot if it's a require practice that is followed by every CMOD.
    --- Post updated ---
    Edit: Ohh, I see, you're trying to characterize only glitched items as illegitimately obtained instead of every single object in the chests which were obtained from hacking. Everything a hacker clan owns is illegitimate.

OP OP
  12. You do realise we were falsely disbanded and we got our claim back we literally lost all our gear rares ores and **** someone got us banned me for anti kb one for bhop and one for kill aura which got us disbanded imagine that a forged report for us to get disbanded we got our legends back also mineplex needs to handle bans differently they are on dimentional and have the same system for many years, we worked so hard for our stuff imagine we had 18st's we fought each event 18 times killed enemies and earnt those it took time and effort it's bs tbf as now we have to gain all that stuff we had like every dub of gear was full and the rares man 3 dubs of them a dub of gold tokens.

Posted May 27, 2019
  13. But you did alt and cheat on them, along with insiding Mistake. You did partially deserve that.

Posted May 27, 2019
  14. is this why I can never find blaze powder in an unclaimed base

Posted May 27, 2019