• 1638 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11028 Players Online
  • 9390 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Changing the bedrock rank names...

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by OrangeyCob, Dec 3, 2020.

?

Should the mcpe rank names be changed?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No u

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. oki hi

first of all, dont shoot me for this idea lmao. Basically, the current ranks are Knight, lord/lady, and duke/duchess. Although these are good rank names, I don't believe the ranks names should be "Gender specific", if you know what I mean. No, I'm not going into detail, I just think this should be implemented to make things a bit less complicated and stuff. I know there are a thousand other things the devs could be going, but idk I feel like this should be addressed :/

What would the new ranks be?

No idea lmao. My brain is empty at the moment of typing, sooo if I come up with something ill post it here.

But yea. Kind of a strange thread and stuff, but you know lmao. Feel free to list rank idea names :/

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  2. Hey!
    I think this is a pretty solid idea, perhaps instead of removing them all together, adding an equivalent to each rank that isn’t gender specific. That way people can have the choice to use any option that they are the most comfortable with.
    There’s been discussion in the past of changing them all together to match with the new hub, but I haven’t heard anything about that recently. All together I think this can be a good idea, but by adding the option to have a genderless rank instead of removing the current ranks; I believe would be a better approach. :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  3. Hello there! You've suggested this idea before but I'm not going to say that I'm totally against it but rather I respect your suggestion for changing the names of ranks. We had the Knight which is basically one of the cheapest tags you can buy in the Marketplace along with the other two tags which is Lord/Lady and Duke/Duchess which is gender specified ranks. I think your idea could impact of changing the names of ranks but however that seems to be like a difficult decision. What I meant by this is that maybe changing the names of the ranks could be a little bit extreme since we've had this name for years. But as for your suggestion, I guess I'm with you, maybe instead of gender specified ranks we could do it like a premium based name tags, for example let's say something like Warrior, Master, Magician or Twilight fits the bill. (Just my idea lol)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  4. Greetings!

I really like the idea of having a non gender-specific rank. Another Idea that I thought I'd bring up since I thought about it was adding the new role, but being able to change the name of it. So an example would be duke/duchess/(insert non specific duke term here) and being able to switch between the titles. So you would buy the rank and then you would be able to switch between being a duke or duchess etc instead of having the three as separate ranks like they are right now.

Speaking as a trans person I would like to see the non-specific ranks introduced to bedrock. I bought duke because I had already started my transition. I feel like it would be very validating to (trans specifically but also non binary etc) people to be able to switch even after buying the rank without having to buy the new one. Overall +1! I like this idea a lot :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    OrangeyCob likes this.
  5. I like the current bedrock roles, they are the nobility roles from medieval times. I find that most suitable since pvp was fought drastically more during that era of history and what not. I do not think the roles should be changed since I don't really see a crucial need for that...

However, if you cannot switch between Duke/Dutchess or like Lady vs Lord. That would be kinda stupid tbh. I don't think the roles should be changed, but you should be able to switch between the different gender roles in case you bought the wrong one or you gave your account to your bf/gf.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    OrangeyCob and Sunny / Slash like this.
  6. Greetings, my lovely!

I'm a strong feminist, and I love the idea of non-specified gender roles being brought to Mineplex. It could be a great way to show that Mineplex cares for their players - not having to choose one gender or the other. This could also help their mental self knowing that Mineplex Cares. +1

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    OrangeyCob likes this.
  7. Switching between the titles does sound like a better alternative than just getting rid of all the ranks as a whole. Especially given that both Duke and Duchess have the same exact perks. Same goes for Lord and Lady. I would also argue though that maybe an addition of another rank that isn’t gender specific could help compensate for this.

Posted Dec 5, 2020
    OrangeyCob likes this.