• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Charging Carl

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by alice, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Objective:
    Each team has a Carl the Creeper to charge. They need to fight the enemy team, and stand on the centre beacon to begin charging up their Carl. Once their team’s Carl is at 100% charge, a member of the team is required to carry their now Charged Carl to the other team and detonate it, destroying Carl, the enemy team, and ultimately, winning the game!

General Information:
    Each player has infinite respawns, until their Carl has been destroyed,

After killing a player, their call gains 1% charge immediately,

Armour is Diamond helmet, Diamond Boots, rest as iron, Diamond sword Sharpness 1,

1.5 seconds on Centre Beacon is equal to 1% of Carl charged,

Carl is fully charged at 100%

Carl must be carried to the enemy team’s castle, and detonated to win the game.

The Centre Beacon cannot charge if players from opposing teams are both stood on it

Map Size - the map should be large

Kits:
    Swift - This kit grants you the ability to charging up Carl more swiftly, with this kit you are granted the ability to charge Carl faster than others, 1% charge is now equal to 1.2 seconds,

Assassin - This kit grants you an invisibility perk that lasts for 5 seconds, you will splash a potion that you get when you spawn/ every 30 seconds, and you can sneak around behind players and pick them off, or secretly stand on the centre and charge your Carl (no more than 1 potion can be in your inventory at any time)

I’m very open to suggestions on any part, and I’m very open to altercations, nonetheless I hope you enjoy this idea, and I look forward to seeing your feedback.

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  2. Heyy!

This is a very nice and well thought out idea and I'm glad that you're sharing it on the forums with the community. I definitely like the idea of it being carl the creeper as it has been such a mineplex stamp for a long time and it would be fun to imply carl the creeper in a game. However, you seem to be describing a similar game on Mineplex called Sheep quest which is still available in arcade. It is not completely the same as your idea but also very similar.

This game feels like its a mix of Domination and Sheep quest which I absolutely love. I feel like this would be a great addition to Mineplex. One thing that I could suggest is to add additions to the game to make it a bit more competitive in order to motivate players.

Keep up the good work!
    -Dac

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    alice likes this.
  3. Thank you but I'm not sure where you got the Sheep Quest idea from, haha. You stand on a centre beacon and charge Carl up, maybe you find it similar at the end where you grab him and send him to the other side and blow him up, but I definitely didn't have Sheep Quest in mind ! :D.
    Maybe to make it more competiive, when Carl has been blown up the enemy team don't die just yet, they need to be all killed off as they no longer have infinitive respawns? =D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 3, 2020
  4. Edit : To just clarify, you don’t capture the beacon like in Dominate, you just need to stand on it for 1.5s for a 1% charge, this way the game is more competitive and fair! Not totally reliant on pvp skills.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 3, 2020
  5. Only reading this thread makes the game sound very fun and competitive. Considering the gear in this game is top-tiered, I am assuming Charging Carl is a hardcore game. The Champions community is on its last legs and a game that is a mix of Domination and CTF will surely help revive them! There is no other game on Mineplex you can PvP so freely as either death is followed by elimination or games are too short. There are some clarification I would like addressed and suggestions, however:

-Does it also utilize the Cake Wars concept where players can no longer respawn when the enemy team detonates their Carl or do they win right after?
    -If multiple teammates stand on the beacon, does that speed up the Carl charging process?
    -Invisibility is almost useless since armour is still visible, blindness would be better for Assassin.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 3, 2020
  6. Hi there!

I just don't really see this working out but it may work out let me explain why!

Ok so first off I like all of the idea you put into this idea! I like the concept of the game but I fear it may get boring quite easily, maybe you can add shops to buy armor or maybe a trap where your carl can shoot back at enemies! People just standing on a beacon waiting to fight someone seems quite repetitive and boring, I can see this idea working out in some ways such as maybe players would love to see some high end action from protecting your carl such as sheep quest. Or a huge battle with the teams at mid!

As I said this could work out but I'm just not sure so i'm going to leave this at a +0 Thanks for hearing me out!|

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
  7. When carl is destroyed, it does utilise the cake wars concept and they need to be killed to score a win, this is beneficial for that one more little bit of action, and it gives the enemy an opportunity to also charge their Carl up to try and comeback the game. I think that if multiple players are on the beacon at once it can have some cons but also some pros, like it’s good for speeding up a game, and it gives players more of a thing to do, but on a negative note it could be unfair if a team has more or less players than the other, and it could potentially speed the game up too much.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 3, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. Hey!

I think this is a really cool idea, and yes its the same sort of mid concept as Cake Wars, However, I also think it has good variation, No side generators, No saving up to buy armour, so its more just pure PVP, rushing back to center and working together in order to win the game. I think this is a good concept and i can see it going far. Good suggestion!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    alice and _Prof_ like this.
  9. Reminds me a bit of MCL

Posted Jan 3, 2020