• 109 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2649 Players Online
  • 2540 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Chat Filter

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by toelickinator, Dec 4, 2021.

?

Do you think this is a good idea or even necessary?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Some words are filtered for a reason. Some words include those filtered words. If a "normal" word does include a "bad" word, it gets filtered. This can get very frustrating when you're talking to someone in the public chat, party chat or even private messages. I suggest that a new setting gets added, in which you can decide if the chat has a filter.

I'm sure someone has suggested this already, but it's never too late to add the setting.

Posted Dec 4, 2021
  2. The filter list definitely needs work, but as a "good, Christian, family-friendly Minecraft server" they need to have some restriction on what you can and can't say that can be seen by everyone, otherwise it would just be chaos. And they can't let you choose whether you see stuff that's filtered or not, as then people could just turn it off and say whatever they want knowing others who had censors turned off would see it. But still, some of the stuff that gets filtered is ridiculous. And yet it somehow isn't the worst filter I've ever seen. That honor goes to Pokemon GO nicknames.

Posted Dec 4, 2021
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  3. As it's a family-friendly server and partnered with Microsoft it's not going to happen anytime soon. Despite the Bedrock server being affiliated the most, it doesn't mean Java's actions don't affect the partnership. @BlazeFire Mineplex is not tied to a religion.

This has been suggested many times but it will get denied each time unfortunately. Other reasons for not adding it come into play too although how Mineplex advertises themselves is a main one.

The filter isn't the best but to be honest with you I see a lot less false flags than there were in the past, while it's definitely frustrating it's not hard to bypass (given that what you're trying to say is only filtered because bugs), and it's better than letting uncensored toxicity roam the server. While swearing is not always toxic, it's not a huge deal to censor it and we're better off like that anyways.

If there's an IGN that's censored when it shouldn't be feel free to send me a message and I'll forward that over to Toki who adds exceptions to the filter sometimes.

Posted Dec 5, 2021
    xLqnax, BlazeFire and LostShrimp13 like this.
  4. She's right, as usual. And I was just being sarcastic with that one statement above.

Posted Dec 5, 2021