• 1299 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1299 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Chat spamming

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by CatFan105, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would appreciate it if chat spamming was allowed ingame, as I like randomly spamming things in the chat like “Bread Is Pain!” And “waffles”.(I’m weird like that) could someone at least explain why chat spamming is not allowed? It would help me out! (Because I’m a noob and don’t know this sort of stuff)

Posted Oct 26, 2020
  2. I think that anti spamming is used to not make a player annoying. Seeing the chat flowing with the same message is very annoying

Posted Oct 26, 2020
  3. Hey!
    Chat spamming isn't allowed because Mineplex doesn't want people to flood chat. With the competitive aspect of Minecraft I am sure they are worried about many toxic players spamming curse words and toxicity which will make the server look bad. The delay is only 3 seconds, which I feel is a good amount of time between chats sent.
    Hope this helped!

Posted Oct 26, 2020
    iOrangey likes this.
  4. Hi CatFan105!

There are many reasons why spamming is not allowed on the server. To start, in the "General Rules" section of the forums found here -> https://www.mineplex.com/rules/ you will see that it states, "Do not participate in 'spammy' or 'trolling' behavior that is inherently disruptful to Mineplex or other users."

The last line explains well as to why spamming is punishable. Spamming can disrupt player activities. For example, many games have game information broadcasted in the chat. Spamming would inhibit players from seeing useful/vital information. Spamming also can push messages from friends, players, and staff above where it is easily visible. This becomes an issue for the players, as they are unable to read other player messages, and it becomes an issue for staff, as our messages/help does not get read by users. Generally, spamming is disrespectful to those who may be trying to focus on the chat.

If you need any further explanation, feel free to start a conversation with me! I would be happy to go into further details or give more examples if needed. I also would highly recommend reviewing the rules (link found above) to answer any other rule-related question(s) you might have.

Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 26, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 26, 2020
  5. Chat spamming will never be allowed on the server due to its disruptive nature. It floods the chat, making other (and possibly more important) messages harder to see. While not necessarily as harmful as other types of chat abuse, it can be quite annoying to other players who are trying to read the chat properly. Nimpy explained it really well above. You’re free to read the rules for more explanations as to what the rules are and why they’re in place.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  6. I remember kids saying pooooop in the chat.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    CatFan105 likes this.
  7. I like to read the meaningful things in chat, no thank you.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Danese, okRen, mat ㋡ and 3 others like this.
  8. It is big theory time!
    I think that this thread will get locked and receive "not planned" tag in a few minutes or hours.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
  9. Nimpy: writes a full paragraph explaining why it won't work; *receives two likes within 12 hours*
    Marzie: writes one sentence explaining it; *receives four likes within 15 minutes*

Thanks for coming to my Anna Talk but I don't agree with allowing chat spam either.
    Also saying
    isn't that weird at all so dw (:

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Marzie and JetStarglaze like this.
  10. Chat spamming is not allowed, since you can miss the important things in chat such as someone saying "CAKE IN DANGER".

Second, imagine you are in a lobby, having a conversation with someone, or asking your party what game they want to play or using the chat in general. Then someone screams "bread is pain" in the chat a million times. Chat is litteraly unusable, and if this was allowed it would be the same as removing chat all together.

Do you really want chat spamming to be allowed @CatFan105 ?

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  11. I understand that spam doesn't seem that serious. In comparison to other things, it definitely isn’t. However, the chat is a public feature for people to communicate with one another, it would not be fair having people spam random things and ruining it for everyone. Not to mention, when playing games it becomes extremely distracting when chat is flooded. Allowing spam would just elevate this issue. Overall, I get your idea but there is valid reasoning behind the rule against spam.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  12. I see your point. Same to everyone else, so thanks for explaining it(‘cause I’m a noob and need stuff explained) bye!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 27, 2020
    JetStarglaze and Anna ♡ like this.
  13. I find it funny how there are dozens of lobbies late at night where individuals spam racial slurs nonstop, and the large majority of the comments on this thread are only addressing messages like "cake is pain."

(Please don't remove the anti-spam system xd)

-Dan

Posted Oct 28, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 28, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  14. As said by the players above me, chat spamming will not be allowed, due to its disruptive nature, and it's honestly just something that's not really necessary. I will now be locking the thread since there is no need to have any further discussion. If you have further questions regarding this, please feel free to message me or a staff member, and either one will be happy to answer your concerns.

[​IMG]

Posted Oct 28, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 28, 2020
    Anna ♡, BasicT and ThankfulDamien like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.