• 583 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9734 Players Online
  • 9151 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Chicken or Flower Pot?

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by TastyLemonade, Sep 22, 2018.

?

Chicken or Flower Pot?

1. Chicken

2. Flower Pot

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Title says it all. Do you favor the chicken or the flower pot when playing Block Hunt?

Personally, I like chicken. So much character.

Posted Sep 22, 2018
    Callum5771 and Baymax like this.
  2. Flower Pot
    It be too strong

Posted Sep 22, 2018
    TastyLemonade likes this.
  3. Definitely chicken. I've realized it's harder to hit than flowerpots simply because it's hit box is smaller than it's hit box so you gotta aim in the middle of the chicken. Meanwhile with the pot you have a reference of where to hit, the the hit box is bigger than the pot so a tiny miss hit will still do damage.

Posted Sep 22, 2018
  4. Chickens.
    Pots are easy to kill, no one seem to realise their hit box is a full block. #KFCs4life #AntiPotSquad

Posted Sep 22, 2018
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  5. ill just sorta paste what i wrote about this precise topic in GI a while back

1. Hitbox: Chicken always has a hitbox of .4x.4x.7 blocks. However, when solidified, the hitbox of the flowerpot is the size of the flowerpot, which is .375x.375x.375 blocks. However, once the pot moves, it becomes a Falling Sand, which means its hitbox is the 1x1x1 people normally associate with it. As I will explain in part 3, Chicken wins this point.
    Chicken is smaller mobile, but pot is smaller static

2/1. Hiding: Nier is correct that pots can "hide way easier". This is because of their color. The brown of the pots naturally blends with a majority of blocks one finds throughout the map, such as wooden blocks, and dirt. Chicken, with its stark white, does stand out. So if a hider is hiding a visible spot, a flowerpot would likely be the better choice.
    Pot is harder to see against most common backgrounds

2/2. Hiding Boogaloo: However, the good spots are not ones that can be seen from across the map. They are holes, pockets, niches, places where the hider can never be seen until the hunter comes close. And if a hunter (let's assume a hunter who knows the game and isnt trash) gets close enough to see that spot, they will see the hider, without caring for whether they are a pot or a chicken. And so, while pot may be harder to see, the spots that matter aren't visible in the first place. What comes next, however, decides the competition.
    Most high-end spots dont rely on hiding against the background, but being invisible from distances.

3. Running: Well darn, you've been found. What now? You stay, you die. You fight, you may or may not die, but there is the risk of it happening (but if you did happen to fight, the chicken and its much smaller hitbox would be the key to victory). Therefore, the third option is to run. Run, and keep running. Running is where Block Hunt has achieved its most wonderful form, and I could talk for so long about it, but it boils down to this: you need to avoid death while get out of your chaser's line of sight. Both the pot and the chicken would be able to run the same, same person, same parkour, same axe boost, etc., so the question comes down to which disguise will live longer?. The answer is the one that results in being hit less. And because you're running, we need to consider the mobile hitboxes seen in (1). Looking at those numbers, chicken is the clear victor.
    Where it matters most (surviving being chased), Chicken is absolutely better than pot.

Posted Sep 22, 2018,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 23, 2018
  6. I feel like Flower Pot is a much better thing to use. Yes, it's hitbox is slightly easier to hit but it's actually much better and blending in & doing getaways. Chicken is pretty much impossible to mask yourself with if you're being chased, but Pot can go in many places and hide there by blending in which is why it's the one I use!

Very interesting topic, I've never thought about this properly!​

Posted Sep 22, 2018
  7. Can’t really top @TheAule ’s response (dang it that was a good one), though I wanna add this.

Chickens are a way better option when it comes to hiding even against people cheating. So let’s say you’re hiding as a chicken vs you’re hiding as a pot. From what I know, animals aren’t subject to tracers, or at least it doesn’t work as efficiently as regular blocks do, while pots (being regular blocks) can be seen anywhere. So yeah, if you have the chance to pick pot vs chicken, always go chicken.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  8. Easy decision. Being a shocking chicken is the best line of defense. Running is overrated. Join the shocking chicken side, where the hunted become the hunters, the seekers become the seeked.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  9. Lol, basically my defense. Spam arrows at whoever is close to me and when they find me just shock and hit them until they die or run away.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2018
  10. I've always preferred the chicken or any other animal that is. The reason I like to pick animals (or the chicken) is because there are many chickens/animals in the map with an AI that are just naturally spawned, so you wouldn't know if it's a player or it's just a chicken. I don't know, that's just what I think. <3

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  11. That makes a lot of sense. Both disguises are interesting choices, it probably just depends on play style. For example, whether you like to actually stay hidden or being a little bit more out in the open.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2018
    SirValex (Inactive) likes this.
  12. I tend to stick with flowerpot, but I think chicken can be a better choice in certain situations. Although the hitbox size is better for chickens when you run, the colour and small appearance of the flowerpot makes it more difficult to spot and get a good look at, even when you're PvPing against one. In hiding situations, I'd definitely stick with flowerpot, since nothing says Hider more than a chicken standing still in a house. Flowerpot works well when you're looking to hunker down and try to make it through the game without being spotted.

If you're planning on playing a running game, I personally would still stick with flowerpot, but the hitbox size makes chicken a better choice in terms of your chances of being hit. Even though the hitbox for chicken is smaller in motion than a flowerpot, I personally think it's easier to spot a running chicken than a small brown pot. And even when you're trying to out combat the Hunter, I think it's easier to spot and get a good hit on a moving white chicken than a small brown pot. Hitbox size says otherwise, but I'd always stick with flowerpot.

If you're playing Shocker and hoping to go for a hiding-PvP game and you get lucky enough to start out with flowerpot, then the obvious choice would be to go for chicken after you've done your share of hiding. But if you start off as a TnT block, I'd always recommend you go for flowerpot, because you can both hide, run and PvP, while a chicken means you're not going to be doing much hiding. It's difficult to hide as a chicken, and it's very easy to tell most of the time whether it's a normal chicken or a player hiding, just due to the natural motion of a chicken's head. It's difficult to replicate the movement of a normal animal, especially when it comes to head position and the sudden turns. I'm sure there are some good players out there who can get close, but it's very difficult.

That's just my take and honestly, I think it totally depends on the type of game you want to play: hide, run, combat or a mixture, and it depends on you as a player.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  13. Flowerpot all the way. There's less chickens in a map than flower pots, and pots are so small you could almost hide anywhere with them.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  14. In a normal, non-hacker scenario, I'll take flower pot. Just feel like it has more hiding options, despite chicken having the tactical advantage as @TheAule said.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  15. Heya, personally I prefer playing as the flower pot as it draws less attention to yourself. It's way easier to spot a chicken running across the map then a flower pot. The chicken has a smaller hit box while the flower pot has easier hiding options, so I'd say it depends on what tactics you're wanting to use.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  16. If you come up against a good hunter you'd better hope you're a chicken and not a pot! Pots are by far easier to kill.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  17. Hunters should be damaged for attacking the wrong mob or block.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  18. n o that would be annoying
    What are the hunters supposed to do then
    Stare at blocks and wait for them to move?

Posted Sep 23, 2018
    TheAule likes this.
  19. ik but I thought about gmod and maybe someoneg gets an idea or something.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  20. That would render the TNT kit pretty useless imo.
    --- Post updated ---
    Agreed. Whenever I play hider as a chicken hunters usually have a difficult time hitting me. But when I play flowerpot and hide in what looks like a strategic spot, People can actually hit me because of the size of the flowerpot's hitbox.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2018