• 706 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5746 Players Online
  • 5040 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

chiken is too op

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Gucci Goblin, Jan 6, 2021.

?

yes

1. no

17 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. yes

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. the hitbox for chiken is too small and needs to be bigger and flower potion too

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  2. "imagine being a hunter" - this post has been made by the chiken gang.

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  3. The hit boxes are just fine. When I first played Block Hunt Java I had a hard time hitting chickens. All you need to do is learn how to aim.

Posted Jan 6, 2021
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. Obviously you're trolling on every section but here is an answer if you were being serious; the hitboxes are fine, the real thing that should not exist are the combination of speed 3, smoke bombs, regeneration, and hyper axe in which pvp is unrealistic for hunters to accomplish, not only in a one-on-one, but clearly if there are several chickens with hyper axe doing it then the game is essentially not playable

Posted Jan 6, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 6, 2021
  5. I can hit chickens when they have speed 3. I also would find it useless if people couldn’t get speed 3.

Posted Jan 6, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  6. I don't think it's plausible for Mineplex to customize the hit registration of chickens / flower pots. It definitely can be an advantage considering other block hitboxes are a full block, and these specific transformations are obviously not a full block. A potential small game balance addition could be to limit or customize the buffs / nerfs that each player gets based on their current transformation.

An example of this could be that hiders disguised as full blocks get Speed II while hiders disguised as small entities only get Speed I.

Somethings that merely increases this unbalance are hunters that are bad at PVP. Each successive time a hider gets a kill on a hunter the more they progress to the next tier of axes. Ideally this would be balanced out by the hunters teaming up and strategizing against the hiders, but again this can be countered by the hiders doing similarly.

Ultimately it can be extremely against the hunters when they are fighting against a team effort of bows, arrows, diamond axes, speed III, etc. etc. small entities.

Posted Jan 9, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  7. Now, I do believe the hitbox for chicken is very small. But, it isn't anything someone can't handle. I see why you would be upset about this, but I don't think it is in need of an update! :D

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Fusafez and StyxKiller03 like this.
  8. It seems this comes down to how coordinated the hiders and hunters are. In a perfect world Mineplex would be able to see the overall statistics and see if the game is one sided, however that can be very difficult and involves many factors. When it comes down to it, from what I've seen on this thread and from personal experience, no specific team necessarily has a distinct advantage over the other. While it can be one sided for one team, more often than not that is because that team has played better.

This being said, I still do believe it would make sense for smaller objects to be slightly more nerfed. The "meta" of blocks to hide as (at least when I've played) was to always hide as a chicken or flower pot. I think more incentive and reward should be given for hiding for more obvious blocks.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  9. I think you should get a pretty hefty "big block bonus" at the end of the game from hiding as a large block/entity and also a "varied palette" bonus from not using the same block/entity for more than 3-5 games. That way you can get a good boost in progression by simply not using flowerpots/chickens every game.

Posted Jan 19, 2021
  10. ok, jokes aside, maybe improve aim at the chickens? most people kill me since they have good aim.

Posted Jan 21, 2021
  11. Chickens are definitely a good morph for Block hunt, but it definitely can be countered. If you utilize the bow efficiently and hit the chickens with arrows, it can also be an effective way to kill the chickens. In my opinion, I would have to say that flower pots are a bit more tougher to eliminate because they are smaller than chickens.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Posted Jan 22, 2021
  12. Yeah I have a question in what world is the flowerpot smaller than the chicken?

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    FluteVegetables and Nuclear™ like this.
  13. They definitely differ in size, but the flower pot is slightly smaller. Chicken is a very good morph to use, but I believe that the flower pot is better.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    Grant138 likes this.
  14. Generally, it isn't, so please update your old misconceptions

pots can be ESP'd a lot easier
    pots have larger hitbox for those using hitboxes to see outlines
    Pots are theoretically easier to figure out if fake.
    pretty sure the actual thing that you need to hit to do damage is the same for all morphs, the player hitbox, you just cant see it.

So to conclude, please use this info to update your misguided belief that flower pots are better than chickens.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  15. Please do not respond to threads for games you don’t understand

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    Grant138 likes this.