• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Christmas Chronicles | 0:00 | US

Discussion in 'Events' started by Bunni, Dec 9, 2019.

Added to Events Calendar for dates: 12/19/19
  1. [​IMG]
    Season greetings, everyone!

The event team is here to share some unfortunate news.. Santa’s cookies were stolen!

One fateful winter night, a sneaky thief entered Santa’s workshop. The thief smirked as he ran (surprisingly) silently - as light as a feather, dancing towards one objective: Santa’s cookie stash.

The next morning, Santa awoke to his jingle-bells alarm. He exited his quarters and eagerly awaited eating his delicious, fresh-made cookies. But all that was left was a pile of crumbs. In a hangry rage, Santa enlisted you, a detective of The North Pole, to find his cookies.

This event will be powered by the choices you, the community, make in the various polls you are given throughout the event. Based on the answers, the direction the story takes as well as the games we play is changed.

This thread will contain a few of these polls and choices. To prevent spoiling the story for users who do not wish to participate right away, these polls will be spoilers below.

Warning: these spoilers contain fragments of the story that will be put in the event. Not the whole story, just little bits that contain directions you can choose from. Please beware before opening them!

There’s a trail of cookies that leads to the left, towards a slightly open window. But another elf reported seeing a suspicious figure lurk to the right. Which way do you go? Use this poll to vote your choice!

At the end of a wary day, you manage to capture the criminal responsible for stealing Santa’s cookies! Santa wants him to be locked up (in elf jail), but he leaves the decision with you in determining the criminal's fate. You could hear the thief's side of the story, or you could lock him up until further notice. What do you decide? Use this poll to vote for your choice!

(Full story will be present in the event!)

Full Story:

Introduction
    One fateful winter night, a sneaky thief entered Santa’s workshop. The thief smirked as he ran (surprisingly) silently - as light as a feather, dancing towards one objective: Santa’s cookie stash.

The next morning, Santa awoke to his jingle-bells alarm. He exited his quarters and eagerly awaited eating his delicious, fresh-made cookies. But all that was left was a pile of crumbs. In a hangry rage, Santa enlisted you, a detective of The North Pole, to find his cookies.

There’s a trail of cookies that leads to the left, towards a slightly open window. But another elf reported seeing a suspicious figure lurk to the right. Which way do you go? Right? Or Left?

You trust the other elf that told you about the suspicious figure that lurked to the right. Oddly enough, it led to the main part of the village! You work your way through the crowd… You work your way through the crowd by pushing them out of the way and saying, “Excuse me, sorry! Santa’s cookies were stolen!” Several Minutes Of Searching Later come across TWO dark figures. After many minutes of searching, you Do you follow the small figure, or the tall figure?

You decide to head towards the small figure. It started walking away. Your feet pick up speed as you head towards the small figure. You hear an “oinking” sound. “Maybe a pig ate Santa’s cookies!” After many minutes of chasing the pig, The pig finally stops. You look at the pig square into the face. You stare at the pig, and realize that the pig - - couldn’t have possibly eaten Santa’s cookies! You head back and go left.
    You follow the trail out the window and towards a suspiciously suspended bridge, high over the arctic landscape. But there’s also a lower, easier route that you’ve heard of to take across the abyss.
    On the other side of the gap, you entered The North Pole’s version of candy land which is entirely made of .. candy? As you reach the end of the suspended bridge, you take a deep breath as you noticed you have made it across safely. Not only that, but you made it to the suspiciously sweet candy land. You begin to run amongst the tasty treats as you come to stop right before running into a large hill made of snow. From what you can see, a zip line is visible from the top of the mountain that will lead you to the next part of your adventure. However, you may have a hard time resisting the tasty treats surrounding you. Who knows, maybe something even sweeter will lay amongst the treats. Will you climb up the snowy hill or enjoy some sweet treats in the Candyland?
    ou begin to devour all candy that surrounds you! Amongst the chocolate mousse cake you about to indulge on, you find a golden key within the frosting. What could this open?
    You emerge out from the lands of Candy, feeling full of sweetness from all the candy you indulged in. You do not give this a second thought though, as even the simplest thought of candy sickens you. As you walk what looks to be a small hill, you see right ahead of you a sign that points both to a pathway off stones to the left of you, and a pathway of stones to the right of you. You can’t help but wonder which path to take. As you walk across the snow and approach the sign, you brush away the snow and you begin to read what looks to be a decision board. For as far as you can see, fog covers the land. On the board, you read out-loud: “Left is for the strong, and not for the weak. If you choose this path, be sure to come prepared! “Right is for those who may have had a little too much candy on the way over. If you choose right, make sure you’re up for a good fight!”

The right trail of stones seems to lead to quite a small, little town where the Christmas spirit is alive. You can hear the sound of Christmas carolers and bells as you look around at your surroundings. Ahead of you, you realize - there’s a figure. It’s small and lanky, running away carrying what looks to be.. A sack? You realize quickly that this must be the guy. He’s headed towards a castle. However, there are obstacles ahead of you.. Behind you, you see Santa pulling up with his sleigh of reindeer. Do you go with Santa, or head there on your own?
    Finally, the fight is over - and you’ve lost sight of the mysterious figure. Quickly you run towards the castle ahead in quick pursuit of the strange thief. As you run up the steps of the castle, you see the thief before you. You stop as you realize he is shivering and is wearing a ragged coat. Santa, following in hot pursuit, puffs as he reaches the top of the stairs. “There you are, thief!” Santa shouts hangrily. “Should we call in the Elf Squad to lock ‘em up?” “Wait!” The cookie thief says. “Please, let me explain!” Santa turns to you. “Detective, it’s up to you now.” You turn around to see the Cookie Thief before you, The Cookie Thief looks over at you and shouts, “catch me if you can!” He begins running into the far distance, but this time the detective is right on his tail. The Cookie Thief hits a stone on the way up the mountain, “oh no” he mutters... ”Detective, detective, this is your chance” yells Santa who is just keeping up. The detective catches up to the Cookie Thief, “haha I’ve got yah now!” What to do now….? Do you choose to lock him up, or do you hear him out?
    “Why did you steal Santa’s Cookies?” You ask. He looked sad for a moment. “You see, as a child, I was on the naughty list.” “But now.. I’m a changed person. I have a wife, “I have kids.” “And my kids.. They believe in Santa.” “But.. I was worried they’d be on it too.” “So I went here to check, and happened to smell the sweet aroma of these cookies I couldn’t resist.. I had to take them for my family. Santa, I’m sorry.” Santa looks at the man for a moment. ”It’s alright, son. We’ll go back to the workshop and bake some more cookies. Don’t worry about it.” ”Just.. Don’t take them again, okay?” And so.. Our story ends with a happy ending. Despite Santa being super hangry at his cookies being taken, he makes up with the thief and they bake cookies together The end.

This thread is apart of our 12 Days of Mineplex event series, where we'll be hosting an event every single day for 12 days. To view all of these events, go to our event calendar at mineplex.com/events.

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 18, 2019
    M4RK7000, Klobby and THELichCA like this.
  2. yes

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  3. screenine photo when

Posted Dec 18, 2019
  4. What was/is this for? And when was/is it?

Posted Dec 19, 2019