• 2068 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4647 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clanmate Using VPN Without Us Knowing

Discussion in 'Clans' started by PowwyYT, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I am PowwyYT, the owner of the clan Vortex on Clans-8. Recently, I have recruited quite a few people in hopes of growing my clan to events, raids, etc. To determine who joins, I do a PvP tryout and an interview over Discord. Unfortunately yesterday, it turns out one of the people that I recruited is blacklisted for hacking in the past and was using a VPN. I, however, had no way of knowing this, and if I did, I guarantee I never would have let him into my clan. As a result of this, 4-5 of my members, including me, were blacklisted for 7 days for aiding a blacklisted player. I was wondering if there was anything we could do to appeal this because we honestly didn't know that he was using a VPN in the first place. I also know a lot of people who have been in similar situations where they are banned because they recruited somebody who was using a VPN that they didn't know of, and it really is a big problem to all of the legit players who put a lot of time into this game just to have it all taken away from them because of something like this. Thankfully, we weren't disbanded, but I was wondering what the protocol is for situations like this. I also would like to know if we are halfway to a disband because of this because I don't want to lose everything the legit members of our clan have worked for so far.

Thanks so much,
    PowwyYT
    @GrandpaNguyen @Adrianna @Flaym @Busjack5 @Jhazu

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  2. I have also looked at the VPN IP Blacklist rule and it doesn't say anything about punishment for the rest of the clan, but just for the person using the VPN.

Also the Gaining Assistance From/Assisting Hackers rule we didn't gain anything from him since he wasn't hacking at all since he has been in the clan

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 12, 2020
  3. 1. Using a VPN is not the problem. You can use it for the use of protecting yourself.
    2. I nor any of the CMs and CMAs are allowed to speak about a player's punishment with another player especially on a public chat.
    3. I can't state the prerequisite for this because players would bypass it.
    4. Disband requirements are not disclosed to the public.
    5. Forums is not where you go to ask these questions.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    GAM, Karrrrl124 and Adrianna like this.
  4. Oh, okay I'm sorry. This is my first time getting banned so I'm still a little new to this. Where would be the best place to talk about this?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 12, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  5. You can message me

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    GAM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.