• 576 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3155 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clans/Champions Crossover

Discussion in 'Champions' started by BqbyOnBqby, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Hi guys,
    I know many people that play champions are also clans players, so an idea popped into my mind. What if there was a special kind of champions where legendary weapons could be used? This would clans players that have less experience with legendaries a chance to use them and it would be super fun!
    Comment what you think!

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  2. This same idea has been thrown around in the past, and the Champions community as a whole has been indecisive; however, the amount of Clans players still actively (actively meaning about 30 minutes to an hour for a majority of the week) playing Clans is a large number but it is decreasing and at a fast rate. Implementing Legendary Weapons into its own Champions game mode is what will need to be done in order to salvage just a mere aspect of Clans' legacy.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  3. Interesting...

It may be classified as some sort of mayhem mode ;)

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  4. I agree :)

Posted Jul 12, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  5. Hey there,

I see this game being some sort of Mineplex Event game-mode. Legendary weapons are definitely fun to play with and the little time I have spent using them has been key to some of the best times I have had on the network. However, I 'm not sure something like this could be supported as a completely new game-mode.

The champions community on Mineplex is already pretty small with a large amount of them being focused on Clans. If this game-mode were to be implemented, it must first be determined if the Champions community would be willing to play it and support it. Since the game would involve legendaries from Clans, I wouldn't be surprised if a decent amount of Clans players would actually enjoy the game-mode, but the only way to truly know is to test it out. This is why I believe if this game were to be implemented, it would be best to start in an Event server and see how the community likes it. If the community enjoys it and it is popular, I'm all for having it on the server.

I look forward to seeing what this idea could become. Good luck!

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  6. Hey there!

I would like to give this idea a +1. This is because I like the idea of battling it out against other players using Legendary Weapons. As others have said, it could be an event or a 'Mayhem Mode' per se. I also believe it could bring more players into the Champions scene as well.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 14, 2019
  7. What about implementing a legend-class PvP in the clans lobby like gladiators in the main lobby?

Posted Jul 31, 2019
  8. c:

Personally, I'm going to give this a -1 for reasons both stated above and listed here. As mentioned before, the community is questionably changing in size and may not support a new game mode, which would use resources such as developer time to code. The Champions community already receives irregular updates and there are more urgent priorities. Finally, there are already standalone plugins that can be used and found on YouTube if you want to play with legendaries outside of Clans.

The closest thing to this is on the Clans Insight hub and spawn document, which proposes to "open up the gates to the left and right of the player upon joining the ClansHub, players can jump over the ledge into a PvP zone as they wait in the queue or just want to pass the time. The combat zone will be a basic circular arena with obstacles and archer towers for playstyles of each kit." I support this idea as it is more practical and provides entertainment for players in queue.

Thanks for reading my paragraphs, I apologize if I wrote too much.

Posted Jul 31, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  9. Wow! This is a really good idea, maybe spend gems on what legends to use? Great idea.

Posted Aug 9, 2019