• 202 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2781 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clans Hackers

Discussion in 'Clans' started by lolitsjakeyh, Nov 10, 2019.

?

Should they revamp Gwen or get a better anti cheat?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I guess I wasn't as clear as it sounded in my head. Sorry bout that...

What I was trying to say is that while there will always be clients that bypass GWEN, the frequency of these hackers is much lower nowadays. Of course there are b-hoppers, but very few, because the clients are becoming more specialized and harder to get your hands on than they were in 2015- to keep up with the anticheat devs patching all the free clients. And no, staff don't "instantly" get all the others. But so far this season I have not once had an opportunity where I ask a staff for help and there's no one there in /a. It might be different for you, but this is just my experience this season specifically. That being said, I know firsthand even though GWEN might not punish for it, yeah, they're most likely getting the notifs for it. GWEN has had issues in the last year or so with separating movement hacks from gwen-related-bugs, and so it has loosened its regulations for punishing, but not for detecting. That's my educated guess, of course, not a GWEN developer.

Let me know your thoughts...
    - Fallen

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    Xion likes this.
    • This user has been warned for General Rudeness [1].
    Gwen is complete and utter garbage. Practice servers have better ac than this. Not to mention staff dont ss or hwid ban, so closeters are never banned. Inb4 i get warning for 'GeNerAl RuDenesS'

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  2. Closeters are always going to be a problem, and there isn't much you can do to stop them. 3.4 reach could just be a longated lag spike or a series of irregular hits. It could easily be a false ban. Especially when assassins are running around with speed 2 around the map and, give no knockback.
    --- Post updated ---
    And just to build on that, there are people who are brought to justice by GWEN every day and people who are falsely brought to that same concluion, however that is the consequence. While 3.3-3.4 reach as an assassin is definitely beatable, that certainly makes it undetectable, which is the issue.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  3. Hello!

I know it is tough to say that Gwen is not perfect. However, it is very valuable to the Mineplex team since they are not robots, and have a big partner in moderating. Even though Gwen is not perfect, it is extremely hard to get a very good anti cheat helper. Overall, Gwen is probably the best bet for Mineplex at this very moment, in my opinion.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  4. My brother has been false banned 5 times in the span of 2 months.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  5. So long as Clans exists, so will cheaters; it's the reality of any game really.

A quick note though: Insulting people that you're asking to do something isn't the best way to go about things.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    StudentAlleg, GAM and Fallen like this.
  6. To re-iterate the point here, GWEN was recently tightened and improved. As Mep has clearly said (an Ex-CM Administrator) - wherever there are PvP based games they are likely to be riddled with hackers. We work hard to ensure that these work for us, however, we are not always able to deal with hackers and there are bypasses and flaws in the GWEN AntiCheat.

To answer some of the claims that have been made in this thread:

If your brother is being false-banned they should appeal, there is absolutely no cap to appeals when they are false bans, this is literally in play to prevent these bans. If GWEN is hypersensitive it does prove that most bans are under the surface and GWEN does an alright job in most cases.

Yes, you were just warned, and that's because you were not acting well on the forums. Constructive criticism/not agreeing with server actions - absolutely fine, however, expressing this in a rude and negative attitude is not alright as you will know from the guidelines.

This is exactly correct - we have tightened GWEN and systems (which I won't be detailed about), however, closet cheaters are by far the worst. Bots and waste accounts are easily dealt with nowadays by the staff team.

In conclusion, GWEN was worked on a bit and is heavily tested. We know GWEN is not the greatest, but it does its job, and it is only going to get better from here. I understand some of you may feel disappointed and like this response is just me being some fake representative to Mineplex - however, it's not. In 2 years of experience, this is exactly how it goes and it should be acknowledged.

I'm going to be locking this thread due to the volume of warnings I've issued here, and to the fact that I have cleared up any concerns. If you have any issues, please private message me.

Thread Locked -> Addressed / flame war.​

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.