• 306 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6279 Players Online
  • 5973 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Clans MPS Extension

Discussion in 'Clans' started by BilboBT, May 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I had an idea that I thought would be cool: a clans MPS extension! I would love it if using your immortal points, you could buy a small area in which you could practice clans stuff. You would have access to everything in the game including witherton raid, the events, and the legends and kits. It would be like a clans training arena. I'm not talking about a full clans map, just a practice thing so people who want to can get better at the events and legendary item usage.

Posted May 27, 2021
    KyloRen1010, Paiynz and Lowfears like this.
  2. No

Posted May 27, 2021
    _KingRyan_ and Jarif like this.
  3. I don't think a small area of a clans map would be needed. But, as you mentioned, the Clans extension could be like the Holloween Horror extension, allowing you to play the Wutherton raid, Iron Wizard, etc.

Posted May 27, 2021
  4. Yeah that is what I meant, just a training lounge where you could practice all the different clans events and use all the different items.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2021
  5. I definitely do not agree with this idea, it would ruin the fun in the game if you could just do everything freely somewhere without risk of anything, it would be a huge waste of time to implement, and is basically a sandbox which has been a rejected idea numerous times in the past.

Posted May 27, 2021
    Lord_Galyen and rejudge like this.
  6. Mm, I get what you mean. Though legendary item plugins are public, and you can practice champions kits already, so I ask why not? It's basically already a thing, this would just make it cleaner easier and more fun!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2021
  7. I do not agree with this. It takes away the purpose of gaining items in clans. As BilboBT said, you already have champions kits, so you already have a aspect of it.

Posted May 27, 2021
  8. My main point was that people can already use the legendary items on their own server and use domination to practice the kits, so why not make it easier to use?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 28, 2021
  9. No point in legends in clans then.

Posted May 28, 2021
  10. See I disagree, you can practice using all the kits in an mps all you want, but you wouldn't say "Well then whats the point of having kits?" But regardless, thank you for your opinion :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 28, 2021
  11. Kits are a very fundamental aspect of the game that is meant to be easily accessible. That’s why you wouldn’t say what is the point of kits. Now, other players illegally taking copyrighted content and putting it on their server for public use is not something we endorse nor is it the safest of things to participate in. Keep in mind when you join a server, it can give certain people with permission on that server the ability to track your IP address. Personally, I wouldn’t trust many clans players with that information.

Posted May 29, 2021
    Roody likes this.
  12. Thank you for the feedback on my idea Jarif. Yeah, I don't condone those players, but I also akowledge that they do exist, and there are public servers where people could use legends if they want to. Regardless, thank you for reading my post! I think it would be nice if rather than people being forced to use those dodgy servers or practice inside their base, they could have the cleanest posssible way to practice. But I totally get why you disagree.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2021
  13. Everyone else has posted their feedback and I agree with the majority of it but I don't dislike this concept. I will address a few things though.

As for doing events, raids, etc. inside of an MPS, it's not currently possible with how clans bosses and raids are structured. This would require a boss API change (reworking how bosses are managed, spawned, etc.) which most likely would not happen for a while. How I know this is because an idea for the Season 6 EOTW party was to fight the new boss inside an event MPS (which we got turned down because it wouldn't work). Also, don't get your hopes up, we discussed this topic ages ago and there's still no release date for Season 7 sadly.

The legend PVP part (again legends would probably only work inside of clans at this point in time) is neat imo, but I understand the counterarguments. My defense is that doing friendly 1v1s in clans with your legends is really not what they're intended for. Legends are supposed to give you an edge in a fight to dominate other clans and take their loot through invasions, not just for friendly 1v1s. I get that having legends available in an MPS might diminish people's need to grind for them in clans, but having a legend in an MPS is different than owning one in clans. When you use legends in clans you're taking on a risk, you either gain a ton of loot from kills or sieges or you lose the legend to another clan and no longer have it. It's the grind for gaining loot and dominating the competition that makes clans fun, not just doing friendly legend 1v1s for practice.

But overall, this is VERY low on my priority list for things clans truly needs, if anything maybe adding legends to a tutorial would be a better way to get new players introduced than adding them to an MPS. As once you complete the tutorial and have gotten to try out all the legends you're actively trying to get them within the real game.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  14. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2021