• 1750 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10188 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Clash of Kings

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by _Petty, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Just a game idea that I have been thinking about, still needs a lot of tinkering and thought process but this is what I have for the basics of it. I need some kit ideas to go with this game Idea. Anyway, I have been thinking about a new competitive game with a different touch that has a mix of cake wars and castle siege to it and I am hoping that this can be added when there is time to develop it. I need some constructive criticism to make this better :P
    Basics of the Game

There are 4 teams total

Red

Blue

Green

Yellow

Each team has a castle with the basic defense of a wooden gate and 2 guards at the castle gate door with the generic small castle structure based off of the map

Each castle will be on its own side of the map whether it be separated by a body of water or some sky theme and there is void below - players will have to build across to get to their desired areas.

There are upgrades to the castle

Purchase more guards (x guards are the limit)

Castle Door Upgrades (Wood - Stone - Iron - Obsidian)

Castle Structure Upgrades

Walls and Towers

4 Towers

60 gold for all 4 towers

Wall around the castle

Start out at small size

10 gold

Next upgrade (taller wall)

30 gold

Next Upgrade (tallest wall)

45 gold

The height of the wall will make it harder for players to scale the enemy wall

King armor upgrades (leather - gold - iron - diamond)

Starts out wearing leather

Gold Armor

Gives the king x amount of health

10 gold

Iron Armor

Gives king x amount of health

30 gold

Diamond Armor

Gives King x amount of health

45 gold

There are 4 side beacons (much like cake wars) that will be called mines

Each of these mines will bring up gold (gold mines)

With one captured gold will begin to appear on the gen

There is then the center beacon which is a diamond mine

The goal is to be the better kingdom and kill the other players kings (like castle siege)

Once the king is dead the team members will not be able to respawn but can still continue to play in the game as long as they live

Upgrades

King

Starts with leather armor

Upgrade to gold (15 brick)

Upgrade to iron (20 gold)

Upgrade to diamond (30 gold)

Castle Gate

Starts with Wood

Upgrade to stone (30 brick)

Upgrade to iron (20 gold)

Upgrade to obsidian (30 Gold)

Guards

Start at a default of 2 guards

Purchase each guard for 10 gold

The Maximum amount of guards will be 8

Guards are npcs designed to help defend the castle if someone successfully infiltrates the castle - however once dead they can not respawn or be bought again

Normal Cake Wars Upgrades

Haste 1 and 2

Protection 1 and 2

Sharpness 1 and 2

Healing pool 1 and 2 (around shop area/gate of king)

Resource Generator 1 and 2

Power 1 and 2

Gameplay

There will be a total of 5 players per team

Each player has to protect their king as best they can while branching out to the diamond mine and the gold mines

Their goal is to be the last team standing by taking out the other teams kings and the teams themselves

Gate Details

For the gates, because they will be hard to get into,the player will have to hit the gate a certain amount of times with a tool depending on the tool material

Wooden Gate

Wood Tool

10 hits

Stone Tool

7 hits

Iron Tool

5 hits

Diamond Tool

3 hits

Stone Gate

Wood Tool

12 hits

Stone Tool

10 hits

Iron Tool

7 hits

Diamond Tool

5 hits

Iron Gate

Wood Tool

15 hits

Stone Tool

13 hits

Iron Tool

10 hits

Diamond Tool

8 hits

Obsidian Gate

Wood Tool

Unbreakable

Stone Tool

15 hits

Iron Tool

13 hits

Diamond Tool

10 hits

As for gate repairs

To fix a wooden gate

15 Gold

To fix a stone gate

25 Gold

To fix a iron gate

30 Gold

To fix an obsidian gate

40 Gold

The gate can only be fixed once as a iron+ gate as well as you can not downgrade the gate to keep the game going at a faster pace (and to keep similar game play to cake wars (can’t fix a cake))

This will hopefully allow for strategizing

Sudden Death

Kings basically die of old age and leave the teams to fight

Last team is the victor (obviously)

Purchasable Items

This will just be the default items that are purchasable in cake wars unless if someone wants to put a spin on things and add some new stuff

Castle Layout
    https://imgur.com/v4pTXFi

Map Layout
    https://imgur.com/zUbEnXl
    The map can be changed up to whatever is wanted, for example, a version of the map in the sky where the teams are seperated by void or a hell realm where the teams are separated by rivers of lava

Posted Apr 7, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 7, 2019
  2. Heyo!

I really like your idea, and it sounds like a very interesting game. My issue with the game is that it sounds extremely similar to Cake Wars, which we have. Except for the gates, the game is almost exactly the same but replacing cakes with kings. What else could happen in the game? What would make this game feel different, and not feel like a copy of the game to the player?

-1 for now, but I'm excited to see where you go with this!

Posted Apr 7, 2019
    _Petty and pzazz like this.
  3. yeah true, it does need a lot more pzazz to it xD im sure there are many things out there that can be added to make it different, which is why this forum is here :3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2019
  4. The game Idea overall sounds good, but its (like said above) too close to be a Cake Wars clone with elements from Castle Siege/Assault.

Maybe with this concept, we can make another game. I know some ppl wanted Mob Arena from Bedrock to Java, but ig the way its there would be boring, so why dont we mix those Ideas together!

Speaking of a game, where maybe 4-8 players have a castle with a King. Mobs will come around the castle, trying to kill the king. It will be wave based.
    You can upgrade stuff like u said with Towers/Walls/Gates. Resources comes by Mob drops. There will be different kinds of drops that come randomly.
    Towers could be used to auto-shoot the Mobs. Higher Upgrades make more dmg and faster shoots.
    Maybe also some more upgrades/Items, that will fight the mobs too.
    Armor/Sword starts with leather/wood and can be upgraded on the shop.
    Mobs start weak, but get stronger over waves. Also they can be able to destroy/climb walls or even blow them up. The hit points that you said can be used for the tools zombies can hold. Players also get a warning, if the wall broke at a spot. Repairing will be automatic by the shop, but there will be a guard going around and place the blocks slowly back (can be done faster with upgrades)
    Players have a map to see, where mobs are attacking.
    Death: If some1 die, he will respawn back the next wave, but will lose some gear (like downgrade Armor/Weapon and lose resources)
    Game ends, if every player died (Mobs took over the castle) or the king got killed (Mods killed the King)
    Rewards:
    You earn gems by survived waves and killed mobs.

This is some different way to go into this, but it would be something new too.

Posted Apr 8, 2019
  5. Posted Apr 10, 2019