• 410 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8848 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Closing threads

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Heinzeroo, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I made a forum thread asking for suggestions on getting a specific achievement and one person gave me a suggestion which I said I would try ( it didn't work) then someone closed the thread even though I hadn't gotten suggestions that had worked and I wasn't done with it. Does anyone know what makes them decide a thread is ready to be closed? just wondering.

Posted Aug 3, 2019
  2. On https://www.mineplex.com/rules/ you can see the reasons for locking a thread which are:

"The OP has deleted the original post.
    The OP or staff member has requested a thread lock.
    The thread has been necro-posted on.
    The question/concern has been addressed.
    The OP breaks major forums rules; archive if OP is banned from that thread or if the thread is not fit for public viewing.
    The thread has turned into a flamewar.
    The thread contains hate on staff/community member/Mineplex written in a way that is not constructive or in a positive manner.
    Threads that are about "I quit" or "I'm leaving".
    Threads that are directly attacking or criticising staff including but not limited to calling staff corrupt.
    Threads which are not titled appropriately (click-bait).
    Threads which are in violation of the forums guidelines.
    Threads containing topics that have been brought up and discussed repeatedly.
    Any other threads that the forums staff deemed unnecessary or unfit for public viewing."

Posted Aug 3, 2019
    Heinzeroo likes this.
  3. When your thread is locked, scroll to the bottom to find the staff member that posted the lock message. In that post, they'll tell you why they locked it. In your case, your concern was addressed.

If you feel like it was wrongfully locked, you can just message the person who locked it!

Hope this helped :)

Posted Aug 3, 2019
    Heinzeroo likes this.
  4. @MiladKhan has pretty much summed up the reasons our Forums team locks threads, and it seems like in your case the concern pertinent your thread was adequately addressed by a staff/community member.

An item of note that I'd like to advise you of is that it is considered a forums offense to recreate a thread locked by a staff member. I've rarely been the author of a thread prematurely locked by a staff member, but typically either asking them to unlock & bump the thread or requesting permission to recreate it is the best course of action to avoid incurring Warning Points for reversing staff actions.

Please don't hesitate to contact myself or a member of the Forums team with any questions or concerns about our network's forums. :)

Posted Aug 3, 2019
    Heinzeroo, Zapix and MiladKhan like this.
  5. Thank you for all the answers!
    It's not that big of a deal but this information is good to know:)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 3, 2019
    MiladKhan and ClqssyOwl like this.
  6. Thread Locked.
    Concerns Addressed.

I see that the thread you're referencing is the "just get good lol" thread, in which you were inquiring about how to complete the Get Good Achievement. With that being said, I thought I would shed some light on the reasoning behind why I locked it. The Get Good achievement isn't an achievement in which there are a ton of ways to do it. It's fairly self explanatory besides the loophole I shared in my lock reason. You basically either get a kill while falling from a height, or do the loophole. I can promise you that the loophole works, as I used it to complete the achievement for myself.

Other reasons that we lock threads can be found in the spoiler below. Always message the person that locked your thread if you wish to figure out why it was locked, see if it can be unlocked, or allow you to recreate the thread. My messages are always open if you would like to talk.

• The OP has deleted the original post.
    • The OP or staff member has requested a thread lock.
    • The thread has been necro-posted on.
    • The question/concern has been addressed.
    • The OP breaks major forums rules; archive if OP is banned from that thread or if the thread is not fit for public viewing.
    • The thread has turned into a flamewar.
    • The thread contains hate on staff/community member/Mineplex written in a way that is not constructive or in a positive manner.
    • Threads that are about "I quit" or "I'm leaving".
    • Threads that are directly attacking or criticising staff including but not limited to calling staff corrupt.
    • Threads which are not titled appropriately (click-bait).
    • Threads which are in violation of the forums guidelines.
    • Threads containing topics that have been brought up and discussed repeatedly.
    • Any other threads that the forums staff deemed unnecessary or unfit for public viewing.

Posted Aug 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.