• 1421 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4000 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Community Idea

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by vezay, Jan 3, 2020.

?

Do you like my idea?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello~~~

I wanna start off this thread with I know that this isn't really necessary and isn't a priority. I just thought this suggestion would make life a little easier on Mineplex.

My suggestion is having some type of command or preferences in coms where you can have a certain com chat permanent. What I mean by this is instead of having to do /com chat (StaffRequest) [For Example] every time you change a lobby. You can have that specific com chat, permanent. This would prevent you from having to do /Com Chat (StaffRequest) every single time you change lobbies. This obviously is not a "huge" deal but I feel like it would make Mineplex more convenient for everyone. If you want to type in another Community Chat you would just do /com chat (LOL) [for example], but it would go back to StaffRequest once you leave.

My suggestion of how this will work: This could work a number of ways. The best way I think this would work is having it in "Social Preference". This means when you do /com and click the certain community you want to make the chat permanent. You should see a book and quill. Have it in there with like "Shift-Left Click to make this chat community permanent." You could also have it as a command like /com chat permanent (StaffRequest) [For Example].

I'm gonna say this again this is definitely not necessary, but it'd be a nice little add on to communities. I also understand that you can have macro for this certain command, but I still think this would be a nice addition to the communities since not everyone may not know how to do macros, or what they are. If you have any suggestions to add on or to change to this suggestion, please do.

(EDIT:) If this idea was already posted on the forums please send me the link in the replies. :)

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Korben, Monkqy, kctie1234 and 2 others like this.
  2. This seems quite useful. Rather than having to rewrite /com chat etc... every time it seems far better to implement a permanent option. In my opinion the option to toggle this should be in /prefs command like you proposed but I disagree with having a separate command. Overall I give this idea a +1 because I would like to see this implemented. Have a nice day :D
    -M3k_

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  3. I'd actually have to disagree it being in prefs. As it is a little harder to chose which community you want to be permanent. The most likely one and best one imo is it being in Social Preference or somewhere in the Community Section as it is a lot easier to find.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 3, 2020
  4. Hello!

I love this idea and could possible see it being implemented! I would have to agree with this idea being in the social preferences page. It is a lot easier to navigate there, and the best position to implement it in. I would honestly use this myself, and think it would be beneficial to a lot of other players who would love to see this implemented.

To start off, after going to social preferences to find this option. I like your idea with it being a book and quill as the character that would bring you to the next page. I feel like the next page should include all the communities you are currently in, and it would ask you to choose one that you would like to chat in permanently. Obviously, you can go back and change what chat you are talking in permanently. However, I still feel like you should be able to use /com chat (community) when wanted to switch over just for a couple of messages. So, incorporate that with your idea. I think that command should still be usable. However, you must do /com chat (community) again to go back to your permanent community chat if you are still in the same lobby or game. The command would work normally until after you switch to another server. Then your permanent community chat would go back to normal. I really hope that makes since to you guys.

Overall, I love the idea and would agree it should be implemented. While I would want to still be able to switch back and forth if a conversation comes up on a different community chat. I would still like to switch over. So I hope my addition to this idea would help that happen with also having a permanent community chat as well. Anyways, I will be giving this idea a +1! Thank you for suggesting!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  5. I'm going to keep this short and sweet because I really do not have anything negative to say about this! I am absolutely all for this idea! Personally I have been thinking the exact same thing and I feel like you are right, it isn't a key essential, but it will for sure be very useful. I personally find it annoying when I am called to another lobby and have to retype the whole command so I can communicate to the community again. Overall I absolutely love this idea, but the social preference idea I feel like is a leap. I honestly believe that it would probably be best that whenever you type the "/com chat (com)" it just stays in that com until you wish to change by entering the command again. It would just be a lot easier for setting up, and the social preference isn't really needed. But, I once again am all for this idea, maybe a few adjustments could be useful as I stated before, but I like it!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    vezay likes this.
  6. Hello!

As someone who is pretty active in in-game communities it becomes quite annoying after a while to constantly switch between the different ones and I have to say I've made my fair share of annoying mistakes when it comes to typing the command out properly. I would like to see a change to the system and I think that your suggestion of making it a permanent thing that you would have to switch between is a nice and sure way to accomplish this.

However, I do see an issue with making the permanent chat ability a feature in the GUI of the community you want to talk in. For someone to switch their chat with different communities, they would have to disable this feature before they could talk in another one and then eventually re-enable it when they want to go back to chatting with this community. I think the best way to accomplish this is to have one simple command "/com chat community message" or abbreviated to "/cchat community message." This command would mean that you would not have to type two different messages to any time you want to send a message, as currently you have to select the community you want to talk in and then send the normal "! Message." It would also prevent confusion as if the command "/com chat community" was a permanent feature that would only be change if you change the command to talk in a different community people could forget which community they've selected and might get confused. Having it all in one command means that you would never forget which community you're chatting in and could change communities fast.

Overall, I agree with you in saying that the system needs changes, but I sort of disagree with your suggestions as to how we might accomplish that. I would like to see some sort of change come to the community chat system eventually but it's definitely a complicated feature so for now I'm going to leave this as +1.

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    BreadIV and vezay like this.
  7. Hiyo! I really like this idea. I hope to see it implemented some time. One thing I'd like is have it as a command, and not in GUI since I think it's harder in GUI. +1

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  8. Yo!

I liked the idea, since it is quite annoying when switching from different communities to another communities, and that is too much time, especially when you are focusing on certain tasks to respond. Also, I like the part where you are locking into certain community you want to focus on (when you leave and then return it will show the permanent community). I find that easy.

However, I was questioning what will happen if you set your community as permanent, and later on you want to change. I was saying this because if that feature does not work (changing permanent communities to another community), then it will seriously lock into that and it'll be more tiring to change the community. Also, if that change or idea would happen, then the commands will also have to change. This may look confusing to new players, especially current players. Yet, it isn't a huge problem; maybe my concern will address your idea so that it makes sense.

Other than that, I really like your idea. I am not saying that it is flawed, but not every idea has absolutely 0 weakness.

I know this is confusing, but to be honest, I am not good at writing.

I vote for yes on your poll!

Posted Jan 16, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 16, 2020
  9. I think that this is a great idea. Although I haven't had much trouble with this personally because I primarily use one Community, I know lots of players that would benefit from this. As actively as most players switch between lobbies, there definitely should be a setting to make a preferred Community permanent. I agree with @saltyfishhy's suggestion, as well. I think that this would be an awesome quality of life update and would probably increase the usage of Communities in-game.

+1.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  10. Hey!

I would personally love to see this implemented. It's a small QoL change, but I think it would benefit everybody. It can be very frustrating and tedious having to type in /com chat (community) every time you want to talk in a specific community and I feel like this change would definitely help in that regard. However, I have seen similar posts to this being denied because it would require a chat rework. I really hope that this isn't the case for your idea, as I think it would greatly benefit the server. I'm going to give this a +1, great suggestion!

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  11. Thank you for taking the time in writing this thread. This is actually a known bug; players should be able to type in one community if they have typed /com chat (community) then used the prefix "!" even if they switched servers. I'm sure the Development Team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. Since this is a bug and not an idea, I'll mark this thread as processed and lock it. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!

Thread locked >> Thread processed

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    20LeeBrian1, Crazyy_Tim and Sickle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.