• 1420 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9858 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Community Mentoring Program

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Its_Tims, Sep 16, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    Banner gratefully created by Rosalia.

Heyo!

A warm welcome to the new Community Mentoring thread! Here at Community Mentoring, we strive to help community members reach their full potential. Unlike other non-official programs, our goal is to help community members fulfill their own goals. With over 150+ members to date, you'll be pleased to know you're in good company.

Players who join this program will be assigned to a mentor who will personally work with them to improve on almost anything that is requested by the mentee. This will typically involve things like providing helpful forum posts, assisting others in-game, reporting rule-breakers, or again, anything that may be requested.

Community members who are interested in joining should fill out the following application and submit it as a response to this thread. After submitting your application, the manager who sent you an acceptance message will give you a discord link. Discord is our primary method of communication in our program, so you MUST be over 13 to apply. Your mentor may use other means, but Discord is generally the only one you’ll need!

What is your in-game name?
    What country do you live in?
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP?
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community?

BUT WAIT - Don't feel comfortable posting your application publicly on this thread? You can send your application to a manager (Its_tims or Marzie).

FAQ
    What makes this program unique?
    The main differences are our emphasis on personal mentor-mentee connections and our focus on indirectly benefiting the community by improving the members who are involved with it over directly recruiting members and monitoring the assistance they already provide.

Who are the leaders of the program?
    This program is managed by Its_Tims and Marzie.

Is this an official Mineplex program?
    No, the only affiliation to the Mineplex team is that staff members run the program. By no means are we an "Official Mineplex Program." BUT we do have some shoutouts on mineplex.com/bat2, so we have some connections with Recruitment. (Thanks Firestar!)
    How did you find me in this white text? Good Question.
    Will this program help me get Trainee?
    The program will be geared towards you improving as a person yourself, help you achieve goals here on Mineplex or other things, and generally help you learn more about Mineplex in every aspect we can. It may or may not help you get Trainee. That depends on if/how you participate and what goals you set for yourself.
    Mentors will not help you with any step in the trainee application process.

The last reply was over a week ago. Can I still apply?
    Yes! Since this thread is in Team Recruitment, the necro-posting rule does not apply!
    If you think that I've missed a frequently asked question please leave it below and I'll be sure to add it and answer to the best of my ability.

When will applicants be notified of acceptance?
    An announcement with any internal updates to the program and accepted applicants will be posted here as soon as they happen. Applicant acceptances will happen 24-48 hours after the LAST person applied (unless Marzie is away, then it may be longer).

What are the requirements to apply?
    Anyone who is not a part of the staff team is more than welcomed to apply!

What are the requirements for becoming a mentor or mentor assistant?
    Currently, the mentoring position is generally for staff members only, however, there have been exceptions but with very far and few in between. If you are a staff member who is interested in becoming a mentor, please message the managers of the program for further information. Look at the question below if you want more information before messaging a manager.

Want more information on becoming a mentor or a mentor assistant?
    We now have a document listing what Mentors/assistants do, what it takes, and how to become one! Click here for further information.

I resigned from the program, do I have to make a new application?
    Any mentee who resigned after August 1, 2017, may message the program managers only if they wish to bypass the application phase and rejoin the program. Please say whether or not your goals have changed since you last joined and what your in-game name was when you last resigned.

I have a question not listed here!
    Feel free to message any of the leads or mentors with anything you need!

Who are the current mentors?
    Marzie, AGLThree, and Phamtastic.

Who are the current mentor assistants?

Oscaros_ is under Phamtastic
    Arjun is under Phamtastic
    GuardianInASuit is under Marzie
    LionAtTheZoo is under Marzie

Who are the mentees currently in this program and who are they under?

xSusieLove
    joerock777
    FoxyThePirate
    Dye
    TheDoc1tor
    Taylurr
    Tqco_Tuesdqy
    ItzBunniYT
    Spiffing
    SpicyBREE

BaconanEggs
    Wenis30
    NickMC
    KSGR
    Emilie
    BasicT
    Animall
    Waspter
    January34
    Digital_Potato_

Crohnicles
    Brcdy
    Combativeness
    Acerna
    MiningCreeper
    FablousAF
    CatInBag
    WhoIsNat
    sirRepo
    Quackeh

Meet the Mentors and Mentor Assistants!
    Here you can learn about all the Mentors and Mentor Assistants that you can get assigned to. When we message you with an acceptance application this may help you see who you'd rather have than the person we paired you with! (Note: QOTD's and QOTW's mean Questions of the Day and Questions of the Week)

About me: ¡Hola! I'm Marzie/Marz/Mar. I do a lot around Mineplex. I'm an Event Squad, Ex-Forum Ninja, Forum Mod, Ideas Team, and Reports Patrol Assistance. I am also the staff events manager, CMP co-lead and the Mineplex website QA. IRL I'd say I don't really do much. I love going to the beach in the summer and just playing video games 24/7. I also have 6 cats, used to have 7 but one sadly passed away. My favorite color is a mix between blue and purple.
    Favorite part of CMP/Mineplex: I love seeing mentees from CMP get promoted to Trainee and work towards their own goals they set for themselves, which may just be about improving themselves.

Mentoring style:
    In my style of mentoring/helping, I let my mentees really pick and choose what they want to do. I offer QOTDs (Questions of the day), QOTWs (Questions of the week), and activity logs. Activity logs aren't required at all, but I do expect my mentees to do either the QOTW or QOTD.
    What I do as a Mentor: I will be doing my best to help people that want forums help and want to give good customer service. Of course, I will also be helping mentees do customer service and other things in-game, but my main focus is the forums.
    QOTD's, QOTW's or both: I do both.
    What type of questions do I ask my mentees: Anything from forum rules, where to go when player asks about certain things, sub-team/sr.mod team questions, in-game rule questions (java), basically anything in between. Not all questions are about rules.

About me: Hey! My name is AGLThree and I am a Sr. Mod on Mineplex currently! I'm part of the fabulous Recruitment team and also am on Reports Patrol Assistance. In the CMP, I work as a Mentor. I would say that I'm easy to get along with a type of person who wants the best for people around them. In the CMP, I do my best to make sure my mentees have all the knowledge they might need or want and are also having a fun time. I can be quiet at first when you don't know me, but once you get to know me, I'm a pretty loud person! Outside of Mineplex, I love to knit, read and watch Grey's Anatomy, often all at the same time. I do have to go to school and I'm currently a ninth grader and I love my biology and Accelerated Algebra 2 classes, as well as pretty much every other class I'm in. I love to hang out with my friends, whether we're listening to music, studying, going out or just hanging around. I would say that my strengths are friendliness, enthusiasm, helpfulness, and perseverance. I love to talk to people and if someone's open to engaging in conversation, I'd be happy to talk for a while. I'm enthusiastic about the work I do and the people I help, which leads into the fact that I genuinely love helping people out with their questions, problems and so on. Even if the task I'm working on is difficult, I'm happy to keep trying until I get it right. Both the CMP and Mineplex have communities with a wide variety of people and that are quite active. People talk a lot, both in the CMP Discord or in Mineplex lobbies, and I love that it's possible to engage with anyone at any time. I love to talk to people who are passionate about making positive changes and who are passionate about helping out and who are willing to learn whatever they can.
    Favorite part of CMP/Mineplex: If this type of program interests you, I'd really recommend you apply! It's a great experience and a lot of fun!

Mentoring style: I would say my mentoring style is casual but I will push my mentees to get the best experience that they can!
    What I do as a Mentor: I haven't started yet, but I plan on encouraging them and giving them some freedom of choice when it comes to what they want to accomplish and how they want me to help them in that.
    QOTD's, QOTW's or both: I will most likely do both but depending on what the group is more interested in, this will probably change.
    What type of questions do I ask my mentees: My questions will be a mix since I think it's important for my mentees to have a good understanding of most platforms on Mineplex.

About me: My name is Phamtastic or Ryan. I am currently a Moderator and a CMP Mentor Assistance on Mineplex. Right now, I am on three sub-teams which is an Event Assistance, Ideas Team, and Stream Team. My dream team I want to go for is Event Squad, Staff Management, or Community Management. I have been on this community for like almost 4 years since I rejoined in September 2014. I first joined Mineplex in December 2013, but I was not interacting enough until a year later. My ultimate goal as a Moderator is to become a Sr. Mod! I am a kindhearted and loyalty people in CMP and Mineplex. Everyone in Mineplex loves me because I am kind, being honest, and trustworthy. I want to become an empathetic person, and I want to know their feelings in general. As I am MA, I am trying to be open mind and being helpful. My favorite hobbies that I like to do outside of Mineplex was swimming. I started swimming 11 years ago since 2007. Now, my new hobby is weightlifting and doing the treadmill at the gym. I do the exercise twice every week. My favorite food is ice cream because this dessert is so delicious. My favorite color is blue and that is the preference I picked a long time ago. I am currently 18 years old and studying photoshop at the computer institute. The first strength that I have is punctual because I am always on time and never being late every day. My second one is loyalty and this is one of my favorite word that reminds me to become a better person today. One of my weakness that I have is emotional. Sometimes I have anxiety when I am an emotional person. Like feeling bad and blaming to myself what I have done.
    Favorite part of CMP/Mineplex: My favorite part of being part of CMP is interacting to my mentees. I love to be an approachable person who is trying to be with them no matter what. I also want to get to know them too and become friends with them too. My favorite part about Mineplex was getting accepted to Trainee on January 29, 2016. I started working on becoming a staff member since the first year of 2015 and through 2016. My second favorite was I achieved getting Moderator of the Month on September 8, 2018.

Mentoring style: My several personalities as a CMP Mentoring is casual, laid back, caring, helpful, and supportive. I am sometimes a little bit strict if something that can be serious case by case. I am usually a laid back because I do not want to pressure my mentees a lot.
    What I do as a Mentor Assistant: I mean that I can try to help my mentees as long as if they can focus on their goals independently. I do not check their goals from my mentees they have right now, either Mineplex or irl. I can try to ask them what is their goals so that I can give them their insights.
    QOTD's, QOTW's or both: I do QOTDs every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday because me and Panda take turns on who is sending out the QOTDs. Sunday is the only exception that I can send out QOTD if Panda is not available.
    What type of questions do I ask my mentees: I give out the scenarios, rules, situations that are related to any platforms in general. The reason why because my mentees can learn more about what should they do to become a successful Mineplex Community member.

About me:
    I am a SR Mod whom is apart of the Forum Ninja team and the Reports Patrol Team. I have been on the staff team since August 2018 and I was promoted to SR Mod in March 2019. I am also a CMP MA. I would personally describe myself as a kind helpful person who enjoys talking to new people and taking on new challenges. I am in the middle of outgoing and introverted. (For anyone interested I am a ISTJ-T on the Myers-Briggs test). The are many activities outside of Mineplex that I enjoy, one of the ones that takes a lot of my time is programming, I enjoy working in several languages but my favourite is PHP. I also work at Subway and go to school which are both activities I really enjoy doing. Strengths - Organisation, pre-planning, time management, dedication and my ability to learn new things quickly. Weaknesses - I can procrastinate often, I talk a lot, my spelling can often be quite horrific and my handwriting is horrendous.
    Favorite part of CMP/Mineplex:
    My favourite part about CMP is that it offers players an opportunity to learn and develop as a person. I look forward to helping all of the mentees with their journey. In addition to this, I like the fact that CMP offers players an opportunity to interact with new people.

Mentoring style: I typically aim for an in between style and adapt to meet the needs of my individual mentees, I tend to lean towards a more casual style though unless it's clear the mentee would like a different style or needs a different style.
    What I do as a Mentor Assistant: I aim to use my vast knowledge of the rules, forums and Java platform in order to help mentees develop their knowledge throughout those areas. I also am able to provide mentees with guidance on how to make good and meaningful forum posts.
    QOTD's, QOTW's, or both: I intend to do both QOTW/D's, QOTD to provide a daily dose of questions and a QOTW to provide a slightly more challenging question.
    What type of questions do I ask my mentees: Mainly, forums, java and rule based questions

About me: Hello! My name is GuardianInASuit! I’m a current Bedrock Moderator. I’m an MA under Panda! I think my personality is just really all over the place. I’m always will to help and have fun. I’m currently 18 years old. I’m a senior in High school with 1 week of school at the time I’m making this. My favorite colors are blue and black. I think my weakness is my grammar. I might be 18 but I have the grammar and English skills of a 2-year-old! My strengths are my leadership skills and how much I care about the community .
    Favorite part of CMP/Mineplex: My favorite part about the CMP is that I get to help community members out with there goals while teaching them more about Mineplex!

Mentoring style: I would say my mentoring style is a more laid back kind of style.
    What I do as a Mentor Assistant: I help them reach their goals by helping them in any way possible. I love to help people. If they have questions I will always help them find the answer.
    QOTD's, QOTW's or both: Both
    What type of questions do I ask my mentees: I do QOTW about Bedrock and Rules.

About me:
    Hey! I’m Arjun, a 16-year-old boy who’s currently a Junior in high school. On Mineplex, I’m a US Moderator who’s on RA and RP. On CMP, I’m just a new MA and I’m hoping for a great experience! I’m a super bubbly person. I can’t think of a time where I was in a bad mood, I mean we all have those times but it doesn’t affect me and my interactions with people much. I always put a lot of work into my passions, so I think I’d consider myself a dedicated person. I’m one to always help out, which was why I’ve always been interested in MA, whether it was on the staff team or CMP MA. I love teaching and helping people get better, it makes things better all around. I tutor kids for a total of 6 hours a week, and I love it! It’s definitely built up my tolerance level and I love to help them excel in what they need help in. I also enjoy playing sports, some of them consist of playing baseball, Martial Arts, and hanging out with friends. I also love playing video games and making friends online. For strengths, I am a very dedicated person to the things I’m passionate about and I never really struggle with picking up on things. I’m a fairly quick learner! Sometimes passions get in the way, and it makes me procrastinate, so that’s a pretty unfortunate weakness. I’m always trying to get better and work on it though! I don't bite!
    Favorite Part of CMP/Mineplex:
    As I said above, I really enjoy helping people out and making a positive change. A lot of community members aspire to improve upon themselves and also aspire to become a Trainee, and I’d love to help build that path for them. Whatever it takes. I love how CMP is a way for community members to seriously make a change in themselves, and appreciate the time Managers, Mentors, and MA’s put into it.

Mentoring style: I’m a casual and laid-back person, but I’m strict and serious if I need to be.
    What I do as a Mentor Assistant:
    As a mentor, I’m always open to answering questions and giving my mentees tips and tricks to improve. If they have any concerns or need any assistance regarding anything, I can be there for them!
    QOTD's, QOTW's, or both:
    Honestly, it doesn’t really matter. I feel QOTD’s are a better way for mentees to be active and procrastinate less, but as for asking them myself, it’s fine either way.
    What type of questions do I ask my mentees:
    I would prefer to ask questions that the mentee themselves need more insight into. For example, if a mentee had no clue about the rules, I’d quiz them on those more than general knowledge.

Quotes
    Ayeconic (Mentee): "... The CMP is very helpful and beneficial for those looking to ... help out in the community. It's a fun and friendly environment and a great place to meet some new friends, especially if you are new to the community and Mineplex as a whole. I definitely recommend applying and good luck!"

PandaFyre (Ex-Mentor): “I’ve been a member of the CMP for over [6] months, and it’s a great way to get to know other community members. The staff who help mentor and guide you are unique and amazing individuals. I have made so many new friendships, and have learned interesting facts about players and the server. This is a one of a kind program, and I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn about the mineplex community, and make new, amazing friendships.”

Final Words
    The Community Mentoring family is unlike other groups on Mineplex. We're very tight-knit and love to hang out and talk to each other all the time. It's an amazing experience and makes the Mineplex experience more social than ever. We know you are going to love being a part of our family. You will grow in so many ways, and the best part is you get to decide how! Shoot high, so if you miss … it’s still high?
    - Its_Tims
    Mineplex Senior Moderator
    Community Mentoring Lead

- Marzie
    Mineplex Senior Moderator
    Community Mentoring Co-Lead
    ...Man I did a good job on this thread..!

Posted Sep 16, 2018,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 3, 2019
  2. Updates:

@Senpai__Annub has stepped down from the Mentor position. Bye Anna and thank you for your time here!

@Dva will be taking Anna's place! Congrats and happy birthday!

@AGLThree will be switched to @PandaFyre and will now be assisting her.

Posted Sep 27, 2018
  3. Wow! This seems like a lovely program for those wanting to improve themselves! I want to thank you for putting this program together. I have a decent amount of experience with things, so I don't think I will be applying, but you never know! Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely, Potato.

Posted Sep 27, 2018
    Kollu, ZingPlayz and SickleMode like this.
  4. Looks like a good program that a lot of people should use!

Posted Sep 27, 2018
    Kollu and Vivian like this.
  5. What is your in-game name? My current username is Peytonb56.

What country do you live in? United states.

What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? Currently, I would like to improve in several areas I've had issues with in the past. I'd like to improve my maturity and the way I speak the most. Although, I do have a lot more in mind that I do need to improve on. I've currently got a severity 3 on my player history, I do regret this. I have learned from it, I haven't had a punishment since then. I am trying to not to add onto it as I'd like to move on from it. I'd also like to learn some of the more basics, Such as rule sev's and information so I don't misinform people. I've noticed I have done that once or twice recently and wish to improve in that area.

How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? Currently I have one idea processed and two in discussion. I try my best to do as much reports as I can per day, I usually get 6-10. I'm active in discord and plan to continue to be active within the discord and community. I try my best to answer questions to my best knowledge but as stated above, I need to improve on that area. Anyways, that's all for my application. Thank you for taking the time to read and process it :)

Posted Sep 28, 2018
    FizzyElf, Kollu, BasicT and 1 other person like this.
  6. What is your in-game name?
    xSusieLove

England
    Firstly, I'd like to improve at making more helpful and regular forum posts. I also want to learn to become more patient with people when in-game and to interact with others more on discord, forums and in game. I hope to generally become more knowledgeable about the server and the community, for example, I didn't actually know the CMP was a thing until quite recently.
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community?
    I submit reports when possible (unfortunately everything takes a while to upload fully) and try to help players in game. I plan to get involved more in general on discord, in-game and the forums, which is also something I hope to get better at through participation of the CMP.
    Finally, thanks to whoever's reading my application for your time

Posted Sep 28, 2018
    Kollu and florence ♡ like this.
  7. Posted Sep 30, 2018
    Kollu, Luigiiz, xSusieLove and 3 others like this.
  8. I'm not here to apply of course, but I just wanted to let people know that this program is fabulous. I joined this program back in May or June of 2017 and I learned a lot about Mineplex and was able to set realistic goals for myself. My mentor was Vanessa back when she was a part of the program, and I found that she helped me set reasonable activity quotas both on the forums and in-game that helped me to find where I was the most passionate and how I could ensure that my activity was constant and good. After only a few weeks in the program, I felt like I was finding new info about Mineplex and becoming more and more a part of the community. I ended up becoming extraordinarily motivated to reach my full potential through good activity.

I ended up rejoining the program after I left since I was promoted to Trainee as a CMA (not Clans; it's a mentoring assistance role) several days ago and am definitely enjoying my role! It's a lot of fun to work with people and I'm already meeting cool new community members!

I'd definitely recommend joining if you're interested in this type of program and even if you're not aiming to maximize your activity or set quotas for yourself, it's a great way to learn about ideas, information, people and yourself!

Posted Sep 30, 2018
  9. Mentor Assistant Update

In order to give people a better and more fair chance at becoming an assistant, *mentors will no longer be picking their assistants*. Instead, assistants will be given to mentors when they request one. People that have been waiting the longest and that are at the top of the list will be given a spot first, rather than people waiting longer and never getting chosen.

*Exceptions to this:*

- If the mentor is not on good terms with the person next in line to be an assistant, the assistant will not be put with that mentor and will have to wait until next time. The next assistant (the 2nd in line) will then be chosen, if they are also not on good terms with each other, they will also have to wait a bit longer.

- If the mentor is uncomfortable (with a very good reason to be uncomfortable or not like them) with the assistant next in line, the same situation will happen as stated above.

This may be updated with more exceptions in the future.

Posted Oct 1, 2018
    Kollu likes this.
  10. What is your in-game name? ShyboyGamingYT
    What country do you live in? United Kingdom
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I would like to get better at making forums posts that arent just random gobbledegoop and instead making meaningful replies. I think this is efficient as everyone on mineplex is always open to feedback and I want to be that person who delivers it.
    I am an Ex-Staff member and always am submitting reports for Bedrock as it is an wonderful community :p

Posted Oct 1, 2018
    Kollu likes this.
  11. What is your in-game name?
    Nullfic

Israel

First of all, I would like to overall improve my maturity around the server, and be able to make long and organized forum posts. Another thing I would like to improve is overall my socialization in Mineplex, both around the Java edition server, the Bedrock edition server, the forums, and the discord server. And at last, gradually improve my reputation regarding Mineplex.

While being on the Bedrock edition server most of the time I have access to my computer, I encounter rule breakers, whom I record using a recorder called "GeForce Experience", which I later upload to YouTube and report the player. So far I sent 2 reports from 2 encounters, which were both accepted yesterday (1/10;2018). I am also active on the forums, and I partake in some questions players have while being on the Java version. I also make suggestions and regular forum posts. Thank you for reading my application, have a good day!

Posted Oct 1, 2018
    Kollu likes this.
  12. SUGGESTION

We should honestly be given a tag on the forums saying “Com Mentor” (community mentor) on the forums or maybe in game as well!

Posted Oct 2, 2018
    Kollu likes this.
  13. This won't happen as we aren't a Mineplex Official team, and really don't need to be either. We are recognized by Recruitment in the Trainee Train Harder 2 thread that firestar created (thanks fire!). I believe back then they asked for a forum tag and of course it didn't happen, within good reason. This is up to LT really on whether or not they would want to give us a tag here.

Posted Oct 2, 2018
    Kollu and LowkeyJace like this.
  14. Ehh, I don't think this is a necessary. CMP isn't an official Mineplex team, just something created by staff/community members. All other subteam tags on the forums are either for staff teams or official community+ teams. It would also look odd to have mentor tags in-game when no other subteam - or even Sr. Mod team - has one for their specific team.

Posted Oct 2, 2018
  15. A CoM Mentor tag in-game? :facepalm:, Mineplex isn't like that.

Medals are for Mod/official CoM subteams
    Tags are for Sr.Mod subteams or Mod/CoM team management
    In-Game Ranks are only for official ranks and will never change unless there's a significant
    Wait Hylore just resigned from GI, gotta go.

Posted Oct 2, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 2, 2018
  16. Posted Oct 2, 2018
    Kollu, Mine600, Luigiiz and 2 others like this.
  17. I remember being on this team well over a year and a half ago :p I am glad to see it is still up and running and doing amazing! I am proud of you all for keeping Geothermals ciews alive and well and I appreciate you all. Thank you.

I may apply in the future but currently I am not :p

Posted Oct 3, 2018
    Kollu likes this.
  18. We are currently debating whether or not CMP should switch to Discord, or stay on slack. I am thinking to switch so we don't have to have anyone give their email to us, and Discord tags are much more within the Mineplex rules.

Does anyone have any opinions about this here?
    We would also like to know if it would encourage you to apply for CMP if it was with Discord vs Slack.

Posted Oct 4, 2018

19. I agree with your opinion and think we should move to Discord, one of the reasons you have mentioned being email privacy.

Posted Oct 5, 2018
  20. New Mentor Assistant!

@Enunciated will now be working under @Dva
    Welcome to the team matt!

Posted Oct 7, 2018
    Kollu, Mine600, nolawn and 2 others like this.