• 2657 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8386 Players Online
  • 5729 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Community Mentoring Program

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Its_Tims, Sep 16, 2018.

1. What is your in-game name?BasicT
    What country do you live in? I am currently living in the USA (United States of America).
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP?
    In 2015, I essential left the Mineplex community with a dirty reputation. I applied for groups/clans I knew I didn’t reach the standards for, I also spammed a lot along with trolling to and broke a number of rules without getting caught (bug exploiting, etc.). However, when I came back, I knew I wanted to make a change, I wanted to give my best to the community and possibly become a trainee. However, I knew I will have to take some baby steps first, and these baby steps will come through CMP where I hope to give that best I know I have right back at the community.
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community?
    Personally, I have made some suggestions in the past and have built some maps (which got rejected) as well. I have also helped a various amount of players throughout my journey on the Mineplex Network. However, during my journey throughout Mineplex, I hope to provide the best constructive criticism/feedback and hopefully join the EA (Event Assistance) sub-team along with learning more about the Bedrock platform.

Posted Dec 9, 2018
    Joiined likes this.
  2. Posted Dec 11, 2018
    BasicT likes this.
  3. What is your in-game name? Dye
    What country do you live in? United States
    I believe that CMP is a phenomenal step in the right direction in order to gain the fundamental experience and skill set necessary to become Mineplex staff. I think working with mentors that already are part of the official staff team can really allow me to hone in on my skills and help me contribute more to the server-play experience overall. Outside of the competitive scene, I have not really dabbled in other programs/groups, and I believe that CMP would give me an opportunity to do so. (I touch on such in the next.)
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community?
    Aside from my participation in-game to help foster a positive community experience through integrity and adherence to the rules, I am staff in Mineplex Competitive League, a partner of Mineplex officially as a Referee and game host in their leagues. I have helped enforce a standard for the league, as well as the community, to promote fair play and a friendly environment.

Posted Dec 11, 2018
    BasicT likes this.
  4. What is your in-game name? Infamous_Snowman
    What country do you live in? USA
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I am hoping to achieve helpfulness out of the CMP. The CMP seems to be a great opportunity to help out the players of Mineplex. I believe that the program is a step in becoming more involved with the Mineplex community.
    How have you already and how do you plan to contribute to the Mineplex community? I have already contributed to the Mineplex community by interacting with players in very positive ways, answering questions and guiding players to what they ask. I would love to be able to further interact with Mineplex's players by communicating with players so that they always feel like they have someone to help them and encourage them to go out of their comfort zone, to entertain them in times of need, etc.

Posted Dec 13, 2018
    BasicT likes this.
  5. Posted Dec 14, 2018
    Infamous_Snowman, BasicT and Dye like this.
  6. What is your in-game name? taylurr
    What country do you live in? USA
    I'm hoping to get satisfaction. It makes me feel good when I'm helping people. Helping people makes me feel good because knowing that I'm helping someone's expirence even just a little bit makes me feel good. I'd like to make people feel the same way. Being apart of something helpful in the community will make me strive to become better at helping people. Also, I'd like a chance to improve my social skills. I'm not bad at socializing, however, it'd help me improve by helping people. It help me contain myself and make me focus on what I'm doing.

In the past I have helped players navigate their way around the server and website. I've also answered questions that they had. I plan to contribute by continuing to help players with any questions they have. I'll roam the fourms answering posts and I'll travel the server to make sure everyone is having a good expirence. If I'm not sure about a question, I'll make sure to ask my mentor or another staff member. I'll always report any problems I may come across

Posted Dec 17, 2018
    BasicT likes this.
  7. What is your in-game name? Sven
    What country do you live in? Quebec, Canada

The CMP seems like a unique opportunity to re-engage me with the Mineplex community. I was fortunate enough to be staff on this server several years ago and I have only recently got back into the server and its community. I feel since I have been away for so long, this program will help me get refamiliarized with the server and the amazing community. Additionally, I want to help enrichen the server experience for new players. Additionally, I feel as though this would be an amazing opportunity to develop some personal skills: such as patience, public relations, problem-solving and communications skills - all of which I feel are extremely important in not only interacting with fellow players but in my personal life as well.

As previously mentioned, I used to be a staff member in 2015 on this server in the Trainee Management team as a mentor. And I will continue to contribute to the Mineplex community by engaging with new players on several different mediums to enrich the player experience. This includes engaging with people's ideas over the forums, talking with folks on the discord server and being a peer-to-peer resource on the server by answering questions and being a support for all players.

Posted Dec 18, 2018
    flawsome, BasicT and Joiined like this.
  8. Posted Dec 20, 2018
    BasicT likes this.
  9. What is your in-game name?
    Callum5771

What country do you live in?

Wales, UK

New friends, new connections, and an improvement in value of my participation within the community. I'm also looking for some help with Minecraft PvP, as I'm not anywhere near acceptable!

I plan to be extremely active within the community, and hoping to do good in order to give something back. I report rule breakers and try to contribute on the forums, where admittedly I get a little nervous. But I do plan to contribute to Mineplex in a big way.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    BasicT likes this.
  10. IGN:
    TheDoc1tor

AB, Canada

What I hope to achieve by joining CMP:
    I thoroughly enjoy getting to know communities and the people within them. I have done this through many servers. While I have learned great deal there is always more to learn. In other words I am hoping to broaden my community experience in assisting other people. I believe Mineplex is an excellent place for me to do this as it is quite a large server therefore providing me with tremendous exposure to all kinds of different people, and in turn areas to learn from. I'm hoping to take any experience I acquire here to further myself within all kinds of servers and better myself overall as a person. In the process and this is what keeps me motivated, I hope to make new friends, ones who I will be friends with for years to come as I have on other servers.

I've joined Mineplex years ago. While I have only very recently began to get more involved in the community I am hoping this is a way to start that. It's quite daunting to begin to be involved in quite a large community, you don't really know where to start.

Thanks,
    -Darien

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    BasicT and Callum5771 like this.
  11. What is your in-game name? Enigmata
    What country do you live in? Canada

After my recent demotion, I have been thinking a lot about what I can do for the next time. I've been giving it a lot of thought and I decided on applying here. I am planning on gaining more knowledge on the server so that I may possibly get passed the Trainee trial next time. I am not mad about the fact that I was demoted. I'm quite happy because I will have more experience for next time so that I will be more prepared next time. If I ever get the chance to become staff again I would like it to be better this time. I wish to be more of an ideal staff member and to do that I will have to have more experience of the server and the games within it.
    Yes, I have. I was a Trainee and I have been dedicating a lot in my past 2 months. Sadly I was recently demoted but I'm completely fine with it. I plan to contribute to the server by learning more about it so that I may use that experience in trying to get my staff position back. I would like to use this opportunity to become a better staff member in the future and or be a more helpful member of the community to help out some players. (While still staying within the mini-modding rule that is a part of that spam offence).

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    BasicT, AppleFTW, Joiined and 3 others like this.
  12. Giant CMP thread update!
    This took quite a while to do from the google doc to formatting to putting all the information together into one thing. Not to mention I did it all by myself (minus answering the mentor and assistant questions of course, but I still came up with the questions for them to answer though). <o/

New document for people wanting to learn about the Mentor/MA positions here at CMP.
    This was also added to the CMP thread under "Want more information on becoming a mentor or a mentor assistant?"
    -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RUkXQkqDXuSUbhY-eLEPI53dMWR-XMnZLDuMx3fra1E/edit?usp=sharing

Mentees are now listed on the CMP thread under their respective mentor if you haven't noticed.
    This was added a few weeks ago but I never announced it since it was supposed to come out with this update. You may have also noticed that it was split into 3 spoilers, these spoilers have been shoved into 1 spoiler parent so it looks better. ~~Now your friends can stalk you, yay!~~
    (If you find some information is outdated please message me)

Meet the Mentors and Mentor Assistants! section has been added to the thread.
    This was the biggest part of this thread and is the most important imo.
    "Here you can learn about all the Mentors and Mentor Assistants that you can get assigned to. When we message you with an acceptance application this may help you see who you'd rather have than the person we paired you with! (Note: QOTD's and QOTW's mean Questions of the Day and Questions of the Week)"
    -> Learn about the Mentors and assistants in-depth! Not all information is filled out currently, but it will be soon.
    --- Post updated ---
    Mentor/MA updates:

@ThinkPuppy has stepped down as a Mentor, but he will still be an assistant! Taking his place will be @Enunciated. ThinkPuppy will also be under Enunciated as an assistant (they basically just switched places like a Houdini act or somethin idk).

Please welcome @BatTheFox as our newest MA! He will be under Enunciated.

New mentees coming tomorrow or the day after, so look forward to that!
    --- Post updated ---
    Welcome to the new mentees!

@Callum5771, @Enigmata and @TheDoc1tor!
    --- Post updated ---
    New mentees!

@Animalll will be under @AGLThree
    @Cassy will be under @PandaFyre

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  13. What is your in-game name?
    Hybolt
    United States
    What I am hoping to gain out of participation is to become an overall more active and involved member on the Mineplex community. I want to become a high standard player on the Mineplex community and ultimately I believe CMP could help me achieve that goal.
    From time to time, if someone requests for help on the in game chat, then I assist them adequately. I plan to contribute to the community by assisting users daily and reporting rule breakers.

Posted Jan 12, 2019
  14. Posted Feb 3, 2019
  15. What is your in-game name?

WestEnterprise.

United States, specifically California.

Something that I want to work on for myself is maintaining a positive attitude. I feel like in our current day, a lot of minds are naturally turned towards a negative direction, and I think that if I can take that extra step to maintain a positive attitude on a wider scale, it could potentially rub off on some players as well. So my goal is to keep a positive attitude, have it rub off on people, but also be better at dealing with situations as a result.

I think that something as little as talking to a player in a lobby is how I have contributed to the Mineplex community. You don't know what people are going through on a daily basis, and a little bit of kindness and appreciation can go a long way. I plan to continue this route of positivity and talk to more players, hopefully turning some negative mindsets around.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  16. Posted Feb 5, 2019
    WestEnterprise likes this.
  17. What is your in-game name?
    ImTooHigh

Switzerland

1. How to properly help those who need it. Not just the simple: "Hey User123, if you want to check out the rules, go to https://www.mineplex.com/rules/", but providing more serious assistance for those who are going through hard times, i.e. bullying or mental health.
    2. Writing better forum posts or Improving my writing in general. This applies mostly to a Mineplex context.
    3. On a less serious note - I'd also like to become a better SSM player (PvP). I don't know if that is a service which the CMP supplies, but it would be nice! On that note, maybe editing help too with Sony Vegas!
    4. Maybe get general guidance for trainee applications - tips beyond the official threads that recruiters don't mention but might make a small, positive impact on the application itself? (This isn't really a necessity but it would be cool <3).

I’ve always loved sharing and listening to ideas about my favorite games. I joined the Smash GI discord a year ago upon learning about it, and have been active in reading and chatting with members there. Having joined the GI community (discord), I feel that I have been able to contribute to some of the changes made to SSM - not as large of an impact as some other users, but I still feel that my voice was used in a positive manner.
    I do my best to make meaningful forum posts in order to endow the community with a positive opinion on various matters and I feel that one of my more prominent contributions has been a forum post about nerfing wolf & spider in super smash mobs which revolved around the opinions of many top-tier players.

On a daily basis, I try to support players who not only need in-game help but also help with personal issues and love developing new friendships within the server to leave a long-lasting positive impact on the players themselves - whether that be in making friendships, giving meaningful guidance, helping players learn the basics of a game, helping players with personal issues, or simply being there to listen to their ideas and needs.

I also speak six languages and have always been enthusiastic about helping people from other countries. I, therefore, would like to join the translations team in the future. The many languages that I speak can act as an asset in giving back to the community by helping with translations. Many players, especially on EU do not speak English as a first language, and therefore might not be able to fully understand Mineplex guidelines. Being able to help those people may not only help bring MP together as a community but will also give me a sense of satisfaction and completion through having made a positive contribution to a community which I love to get involved with!

Big Oeuf, ty. <3

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  18. Posted Feb 8, 2019
  19. What is your in-game name? Emiliee
    What country do you live in? United States
    What are you hoping to get out of participation in the CMP? I'm hoping to meet new people, learn more about the community, and help myself get integrated back into the Mineplex community. I'd love to help people when I can.
    I was staff for 2 and a half years, was a manager on the social media, and managed the newsletter subteam. I am still a writer for newsletter at the moment. I hope to do whatever I can in the future to further contribute to the community and staff team as a whole.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
  20. What is your in-game name?
    ZTB
    United States
    I want to be able to have more detailed and better conversations with people in game, on discord, and here on the forums. I'm a bit socially awkward in real life, and while its easier for me to converse on platforms where I write down what I say before I have to say it, I still feel like there are times where I need to learn how to communicate with the server community better.
    In game I try to be helpful and answer questions about game mechanics when I can. I'm in the StaffRequest community and have recording software enabled, so I will respond to people in StaffRequest when staff is unavailable by going to that server, recording them, and reporting them on this site.

Posted Feb 9, 2019