• 753 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11145 Players Online
  • 10392 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Community mute command

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Krystal The Fox, Nov 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heya! I have came up with something for community that can allow players to be muted from a community. The command would be /com mute. this could be useful in certain communities such as StaffRequest or other offical mineplex communities. if a player is com muted in staffrequest, they would have to appeal in the staff request appeal. if a player tries to chat in a community they are muted in, a message will come up saying: You are currentlly muted in this community.

Let me know what you think!

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  2. Hey!

I definitely agree that this should be an option! There are some communities used to host group events (such as MCS's), where it would be useful for a community leader or co-leader to mute players who are distracting from the community staff. The only "downside" I can foresee would be community staff muting players for the sake of it, which could be used to target or frustrate individuals, but I don't think this would be too big of an issue because players can always leave a community if they no longer want to be part of that group.

I don't know how this would be helpful in StaffRequest however, considering the whole idea of being in that community is to ask staff for help, which requires chatting. Currently, if someone is kicked from the com they can easily request to rejoin it, so they are able to chat again. An appeal system for StaffRequest would likely be an inefficient use of the team's time, considering there are already forum appeals for mutes and bans on the network. [EDIT #2: I now know StaffRequest appeals already exist and are processed by Toki, so don't pay this paragraph much attention, haha. Thank you @Marzie!]

EDIT: I could see a command like /com appeal <com name> <text> being useful, with there being an "appeals" tab in the /com GUI for com staff to read and accept/deny. This could be used for both mutes and bans from the com, and the com staff would have an option to decide whether or not their com will have appeals open/closed.

Overall, it's going to be a +1 from me, since I think your idea would be helpful in large player-run communities.

Posted Nov 3, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 3, 2020
    SALB and rmotheram like this.
  3. There already has been a staffrequest appeal that players must use if they are banned from the staffreq community. Toki goes over these every once in a while on her own. It does not conflict at all with our actual appeals, so no worry here.

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    StyxKiller03, mathuu and Fusafez like this.
  4. Hello!

Unfortunately, we are going to mark that thread as Not Planned for now since that thing basically deflects the main reason for communities to exist. Communities are made for communication between players and having an ability to mute someone to make a specific player to be able only read community cheat doesn't seem necessary thing to have, so it's not worth in adding that. For that situation, you can simply kick and/or ban a person from the community.

As for StaffRequest case, adding global communities feature just for one/specific community doesn't seem to effective thing to do from the point of taking Development time. If a person is banned from StaffRequest, they can always contact any staff member, so they can give a link to StaffRequest appeal form which about Marzie told. Ideally, we should stop using StaffRequest system after /report system will be improved, but it’s topic for another idea.

Anyway, thanks for submitting that idea!

~ Idea is Not Planned

Posted May 3, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.