• 1053 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7818 Players Online
  • 6765 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Community Update

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Orilly, Jun 19, 2020.

?

Thoughts?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys!

The current system in place requires you to enter the command /com chat [Community Name] every time you join a new lobby, if you'd like to speak in a specific community. I assume this has been put in place to reduce "Oops, wrong com", but it's honestly dealing more harm than good. This has bothered me so much that I've set dedicated macros for each of my communities... and I'm in quite a few. What if you're being active on StaffRequest, going round recording cheaters? Or holding a Q&A whilst in-game?

I simply propose that your com chat stays the same until you change it (excluding when you log on, when it defaults to none). This should improve player experience for the thousands who use communities on a daily basis.

Thanks for reading!

Posted Jun 19, 2020
    Worpp, Jaek, Im_Ken and 2 others like this.
  2. I personally agree. I try my best to answer requests in StaffRequest and it can get quite annoying to keep typing /com chat StaffRequest since I’m jumping through lobbies trying to catch hackers. I can understand that it’s used to prevent people from typing in the wrong com, but I think that it would be better to be implemented with the changes you suggested.

+1

Posted Jun 19, 2020
  3. Already, I give this a +1.

Every time I go into a different game / lobby, 85% of the time, I have to keep on running the /com chat command, and it gets pretty annoying at times. This will be very useful, and definitely time saving. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 19, 2020
  4. Hello!

Actually, according to changelog from August 2018 which you can find on Mineplex Discord, this feature should already exist but for whatever reasons it's not working correctly.

[​IMG]

Most likely we will need to remake that feature to add again which will work smoothly this time. I'd like to see a come back of that feature in the future QoL update as it seems like so good feature to have. If I'm not wrong but there was some idea threads before about the same thing as here, and they have been marked as processed.

Also, I think we may not reset selected community chat when you will disconnect because it will be easier to just stay on the selected community chat even after disconnection. Additionally, I'd like to suggest have a thing which will make my previous sentence sound better that when you will be switching a server, it will show a message for you about which community chat you have selected to make it easier to understand and to prevent making mistakes in the sending messages in the wrong chat like you mentioned.

Overall, I would give +1 to that idea and I'd like to see this feature be fixed and re-added in the future and hopefully, we will see that one day but sadly it's not in the priority. Thanks for the idea!

Posted Jun 19, 2020
    Fusafez, Im_Ken and Orilly like this.
  5. Hey!

This is already an idea that should be coming soon but I would love to see it! Having to do the /com chat command every time I go to a new game/lobby gets very annoying at some points. Like if you’re answering a question in StaffRequest and you’re in a party so you keep getting moved to different lobbies and you have to keep running the command. Being able to just do /com chat (community) when you first get online and then not have to run the command again would be helpful to a great extent!

Anyways, I like the idea and it will be coming soon which is awesome! But, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 19, 2020
    Orilly likes this.
  6. Yes please!
    I am always talking in a com while playing Skywars, and I have to do /com chat StaffRequest or whatever EVERY SINGLE TIME. It is soooo annoying.
    +1

Posted Jun 21, 2020
  7. I 100% agree with you. There have been numerous incidents in the past that I have witnessed where people have accidentally typed a messaged the wrong community, most notably StaffRequest, and it's annoying to have to type out the command to speak in a different community chat every single time you change lobby. This idea has been proposed many times before and I do believe that it's being considered for a QoL update. I really hope that we can see this implemented some day soon.

Posted Jun 21, 2020
  8. Hello!

As for my opinion regarding that idea, I have already expressed that above in that thread, and I'm still agreed with that, so I'd like to see that be implemented in the future. But keep in mind that it's technically a bug that it doesn't work when supposed.

Anyway, I'm here to say that luckily something similar to that idea is already planned to do for the future update in the form of ability to set default community. It was already included to Social Update proposals from CCO team which can be found on that thread. As for now due to that, I will mark that idea thread as Processed. Thanks for submitting your idea!

~ Idea Processed

Posted May 3, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.