• 2253 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 15804 Players Online
  • 13551 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Compass Revamp

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Paladise, Dec 1, 2020.

1. As most of you know, with the Christmas update came the Snow fight gamemode and soon there will be a Christmas Chaos gamemode. However it seems like the only way to play these games are by manually using commands or by clicking on the NPC's. I suggest adding their respective icons somewhere in the compass so you can easily queue for them anywhere in the hub like the rest of the gamemodes. A possible idea are to put them in the two circled areas:

[​IMG]

Feel free to write any feedback below!

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  2. Hello!

Definitely, I'd like to see some revamp of Games Menu in the future since the current UI which we have since January 2019 doesn't fit all current needed and it's getting hard to put new games there. It's something which we probably may be considered if we will update lobby systems & UIs if we will ever get to that in the future.

Talking about Snow Fight & Christmas Chaos game icons, they shouldn't be put to places which you are suggesting because they don't bring any attention there will just blend in with other games which won't show for players that these games are exclusive and limited. In last year both Snow Fight and CC were placed in the good place (2 slots above first games line), so I think in that year we should do the same when will be releasing CC.

It's something which wasn't done with the first Part of Christmas Update which was released today, so I'm sure icons for these games will be added in future updates. I believe that Moppletop/Sam was aware about that when he was releasing that update, so I guess we will add it later. Anyway, thanks for creating a thread.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    Fusafez and Paladise like this.
  3. Hey there!
    I would certainly like to see a revamp to the compass. I think as of right now, it certainly is a pretty nice ability, however with a little neatening up I think it would make it look much aesthetically pleasing as well as more organized. I would certainly like to see a much more easier-to-navigate system with games placed in a much easier order. Perhaps making the game menu larger and then spreading the games out more evenly or in categories?

In terms of seasonal games like CC, I think the way it is currently done is actually pretty nice. It looks that it is part of a highlighted event that is going on which is what the game is sort of put in place to do other than providing content if you really think about it. So, I honestly wouldn't mind still highlighting it and making it obvious (put in the middle). Pretty sure as we move forward with the week we'll see how it will be organized so I think it'll be positioned well.

Posted Dec 2, 2020
  4. Hii!!

I personally love the current compass design. It's organized, has different levels of difficulty, and even an ability to click on your head to see the game you have the most wins on as well as your current title that is equipped. However, I do agree that there needs to be a revamp within the compass. While the current format is fine I believe a few adjustments should be made like removing the Ender Chest icon to open a chest as in my opinion I believe players don't use this icon too much. Overall I wouldn't mind a revamp on the Compass however keeping it the same format it is would be a personal recommendation. Hope this helps!

Posted Dec 2, 2020