• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed compass?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by nouqt, Feb 26, 2019.

?

Should they add this into the shop?

1. Yes they should add this

2. No, they shouldn't add this

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey there Mineplex Community!

As a daily cake wars player uwu, I notice that a lot of the games I play there are always players who hide in different parts around the map. This makes winning a game so time consuming sometimes because it's so difficult to find them, especially when they don't have particles on and they're crouching and I think something should be done about it.

So a thought came across my mind... what if Mineplex added compasses to the in game shop? This way, players can buy compasses and locate where other players might be hiding. Tracking these players who hide can make finding them easier and less time consuming to finish a game.

I know Mineplex already has a compass that is automatically provided to everyone once cake rot starts, but we have to wait for that to happen, which can take a long time since its in the late part of the game so having direct access to a compass in the shop can help.

As for how much these compasses cost... I'm not sure... maybe 6-8 emeralds?

let me know what you guys think,
    - Theories_ <3
    --- Post updated ---
    ok i literally just-

realized that this should be put in ideas not here ;-;...

Posted Feb 26, 2019
    Ender Rivka likes this.
  2. Hello there!

I like your idea of having compasses in the villager buying menus in Cake Wars, as I myself have witnessed games being dragged on for ages because someone is hiding or camping. Now I do disagree as far as the pricing goes. I personally think that 6-8 emeralds would be way too easy, and might cause the game to end too fast. Maybe somewhere more around 10-15 nether stars, and they could have a feature where they stay in your inventory if you die. Another thing that could be done instead of villager-purchasing the Compass is there could be a new kit added into Cake Wars as an Achievement kit for completing all the Cake Wars achievements. It could be a kit that comes with a tracking compass for the duration of the game, from the start until the end, as I think that people who complete all the achievements definitely deserve it.
    Nice idea, keep up the good work!

Posted Feb 26, 2019
  3. Hey Theories!
    I definitely see where you're coming from. People can get pretty sneaky when it comes to hiding places around the map. I don't see any downsides with this, as it wouldn't really give anyone a disadvantage. I do agree it can get annoying when someone's in a good hiding spot and no one can find them, plus 6-8 emeralds sounds like a fair price. From what I've seen, Cake Wars doesn't consist of a ton of sneaking around which would be ruined with a compass, and the gameplay has been mainly straightforward. However, I'd like to hear other people's thoughts and opinions on this.

Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

Posted Feb 26, 2019
  4. I want this to be added to bedrock lol. We don’t get compasses in cake destruction. It’s sad

Posted Feb 26, 2019
    Strafer303 likes this.
  5. Heya Theories! uwu

I’m highly into this idea, not gonna lie. As an active Cake Wars player, I find those games absolutely annoying and ridiculous, but adding compass could change that immediately. It’s just kind of useless to wait 20 minutes for cake rot to happen and to only receive a compass which would let you find the person in a minute. Compass wouldn’t give you any advantage or disadvantage, so I don’t see why they didn’t put them in shops in the first place...
    I also like the price of it, 6-8 emeralds seems pretty fair in my opinion.
    +1 for this idea!

Teodora / Tea

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  6. I believe GI discussed a few times about purchasing a compass and the reception was overall well received, but we never made a firm decision on that.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  7. Thread Merged
    Seems that you had two of the same thread, so I merged it with the duplicate and all the replies carried over.

As for the thread, when I was more active in GI, this idea came up quite a few times. I was personally for the addition, along with many other people. Finding ways to add new strategies into the game, along with shortening the game in any way possible- which a purchasable compass would do- was definitely something we were exploring. As Vocal said, I don’t believe there was ever a consensus on the idea, as we moved onto more larger ideas that needed discussion. I think it’s great you bring it back up, and hopefully we can hash out wether we want this or not, along with how much, etc.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  8. I kinda agree that some games are longer than they should be because the remaining team can’t track down the last player. Adding a compass would thus be useful in making games finish quicker, allowing players to play even more games in the long run!
    8 emeralds seems to be a good price. I don’t believe a compass would be too overpowered, so it wouldn’t need a higher price!
    If people decided that for some reason a compass is too op, I guess it could work in the form of an ability (position is shared for 10-20 sec then there’s a cool down!), or the compass could work for 45s before breaking. I don’t believe it is necessary to have that though!

+1

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  9. Hey there!

I agree with having to make the Cake Wars become fairer to every player. Having the compass can easily to find the other teammate whenever they are hiding or not. I think buying the compass for at least 8 emeralds will be the better choice, so they will have to go through their obstacles during the gameplay. Of course that having to add the cooldown for the compass will work too, just like similar from the Survival Games too. Maybe it should probably last like 15-20s until you can use it again, especially breaking the compass.

I think that it will be an excellent idea to implement the changes to Cake Wars! That is a great idea that you have and keep up the great work! +1

Posted Feb 27, 2019
    Tea likes this.
  10. No issues, idea sounds reasonable and would greatly reduce length of game, and is something I'd like to see added. Can't really say much more. +1

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  11. Hey there!

I certainly understand your idea here and why you would wish for such a feature, so I agree it would serve as a great addition towards the game. However, I would like to point out that this feature would need to be further balanced in order to be added in game. This kind of feature will openly reveal any person who may hide from others.
    Hiding or camping is partially a strategy and should not be hindered by the fact that a compass is purchasable so early in the game. An example of this is how a person may hide on top of an enemy's base to wait for an opportunity to strike at the cake of said island. Purchasing a compass from the shop will reveal this person's location and makes it difficult for the player to eat the cake while the team is aware of the enemy's position.
    My provided example is merely just one way compasses can hinder competition within the game and ultimately ruin the experience for players who follow certain strategies. The idea as a concept is great in theory, however, it may need to be further balanced and fine tuned before it should be considered and implemented.

Hope my response is clear for my perspective of this.
    ~ Shotty

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  12. Hello,
    Personally, I agree that a compass should be added to the shop for purchase in Cake Wars. I understand that hiding/camping can be a strategy, however, you can generally discern where someone is hiding on the Cake Wars map. The only case where someone would purchase a compass would usually be when there is only one or maybe two other teams left, and in that case I think it if fair that they can purchase it. I think the price should be a little over 5 emeralds, similar to the shears. Overall, I think adding the compass to the shop would be a subtle, but beneficial change to Cake Wars. Thanks for the cool idea, its a +1 from me!

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  13. Heya!
    I see nothing wrong with adding this in, I mean, if you've got the resources to go and hunt down someone, why not be able to track them down easily too? xD

+1 From Me! <3

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  14. Hey there!

This idea has already been denied in the past. Having a compass was something that was discussed early on in the development of the gamemode, and it was decided to not be a thing because of it not being necessary for the gamemode. If someone is hiding before cake rot, then you just need to try your best to find them and at cake rot if you still haven't found them, you will be able to at that time due to receiving the compass. Also, GI has said in the past that hiding is a core aspect of the gamemode if you are alone, so adding a compass to be available for the whole game would be ruining that aspect of the game. I will be marking this thread as "Not Planned" but will keep it open for further discussion if you wish.

Edit: ignore this message.

Posted Jan 20, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 1, 2020
    nouqt likes this.
  15. Weird how you say that compass is not necessary for the game even though you get it after cake rot. We don't design/build CW maps for hiding, we make them for PVPing mostly, it is just how CW works. Isn't the main goal of the game to beat all teams by killing them and eating their cakes? Hiding can be an essential part of the game, however, if you're going to hide the entire game from a team, 9 out of 10 times the person who is hiding will lose anyway because the other team had enough time to upgrade themselves to beat them. It is not a great response to say "well you just have to try your best to find them" when this could be easily resolved by adding a purchasable compass. Also, I'm just going to add that GI themselves added tracking compass in their doc on how to improve the CW gameplay:
    [​IMG]

Overall, I'm really unsatisfied with this response, the idea has a huge potential and should be further discussed rather than denying the idea because it was rejected in the past.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    Vocaloiid, nouqt, Xukuwu and 2 others like this.
  16. Can we please get one on bedrock though? In deathmatch we don’t even get compasses ):

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    nouqt and xGetRektedx like this.
  17. @Tea @Klobby @WowCaleb

Ah this is an unfortunate communication mishap. Just to clarify one thing before-hand, the different messages you quoted me on in your response were not came up with by me, they were the reasons given by GI in the past. Upon further inspection though, it seems those responses were outdated and I was unaware that GI changed their mind on the idea. I apologize for the miscommunication and the thread has been changed to 'Processed' due to the idea being approved/on the list for GI!

P.S. Klobby and WowCaleb, if you are wondering why I pinged you it's because you liked Tea's message, so I assumed you would probably like to know.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    nouqt, WowCaleb, Tea and 1 other person like this.
  18. As a member of CoM, it is unfortunate that you are not up to date on GI things, especially being oversight as GI. It's also a bit irritating to hear that you went by out of date info and commented before actually asking and getting correct info. I know you're a newer player than most on Mineplex, but come on, please keep up to date.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
    Tea likes this.