• 262 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8700 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Comunitys ideas...

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Tryoxiss, Jun 8, 2019.

1. so, i think you should be able to make a lobby for your comunity, i like the candyland and wild west themes, but i want to beable to unlock some sopts to make my own, or at least edit them. Also 30 cahricters is nothing, maybye it inly shows 30 charicters but if you L-click it or something you can see all of the charicters, maybye a limmet of 200, also i think MOD, and ADMIN, should be com ranks as well. if anyone has any other acual ideas feel free to add them to the thread , I AM NOT ARGUEING, IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANYTHING I SAID PLEASE KINDLY DM, (OR I THINK MOST PEOPLE CALL IT PMing) ME, THANK YOU.

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2019
  2. Hello!

Being able to create lobbies for your community already exists on the network! And you can also unlock the themes for these lobbies already as well! I don't really think creating a theme would be useful though. I'll be putting my ideas for communities here as well so I can help you out!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  3. What i ment by creating lobbys is degigning your own themes, it serves no functional puropse, bu5 nither do candyland ir wild west, i think you should be able to put signs up at least, so you can list rules/values, i also think you should be able to save setting on com lobbys.

Signed, Tryo

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
  4. I agree with this a slight bit. But I need a bit more information on how this would work, what restrictions would be made, etc. I'll be able to provide my full opinion if you can say that! I need this idea to be fully developed.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  5. In the castle theme for example if you buy sign placement for 1K gems (or wahtever they make it) you can place signs in the castle area listing these things, only COM-MOD+ can do that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
  6. I don't really like that idea. I feel if it even was implemented, community moderators shouldn't be able to do that. I feel coleaders+ would be able to handle that a lot better. This does sound like a smart idea, but I feel signs would be too basic and may be hard to moderate. Maybe holograms? But moderation is such a big issue.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  7. Agreed, id say admin+ not colead+ but its heading in the right direction

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
  8. I definitely agree! The more detail you add to your idea, the better the community can respond to it!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  9. Salutations!

As a community member and a player first and foremost, I can easily see the appeal in the ability to design your own lobby for your community and be able to create fun easter-eggs or messages by using signs, however, as a staff member I can't agree with the implementation of customizing the lobbies or allowing sign usage. Mineplex services that allow custom building and/or sign usage (Master Builders, Clans, Speed Builders, etc.) already have a history of attracting inappropriate behavior and conduct otherwise unbecoming of our community, and it seems like custom lobbies would simply invite trouble for my Java network moderation colleagues to quell. Our selection of custom lobbies already provide our players with a host of high-quality options from our network's build team that grant you a number of options to customize your community's server. This, coupled with the aforementioned moderation concerns, is why I can't approve of this idea.

Additionally, I don't agree with increasing the character limit on our community names past 30 because, really, that should be all you need to provide a community name or a condensed/abbreviated version of your name. Raising it past that would flood the chat, and "cropping" community names would be a botched remedy that could be entirely avoided.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Tryoxiss and Eclipciz like this.
  10. Fair point, however discriptions are soo short they cant even realy be at all detailed, and the inaprpriate behavour makes sence, however staff can moderate this, and you can have a report feature.and what about the rankes? Com ranks of mod, posably sr mod, and admin, what are your thoughtes on that? And also you may need to approve of a lobby brefore it can be used

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 9, 2019
  11. I'm sorry but your post was a little confusing to me. Please correct me if I read anything wrong.

I personally really like the idea of being able to make your own community lobbies. It would be a way to let your creativity flourish, and a way to have fun with friends building your own lobbies. It would also be a way to impress other people no doubt! I'm sure lobby making competitions will also sprout, adding to the excitement.

I like where you were going with your idea of being able to increase the character limit of your community name, but I just don't think it would be possible. Even if there was an increase, 200 characters is a LOT of characters to squeeze into one little tag. It would make the community GUI look messy and unorganized.

Posted Jun 9, 2019