• 3829 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10954 Players Online
  • 7125 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Concerns about the server because I care.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Superoid, Feb 18, 2020.

1. I have a few concerns regarding Mineplex's new rank...
    I don't see the need to announce to the entire server that someone else has joined the lobby. For starters, I typically think of an announcement to be important... Call me crazy, but having 7$ and joining a server isn't very astonishing. I understand that Mineplex has to make money, but why add all these annoying little perks that degrade everyone else's experience? All it does is spam the chat when a party of immortals join. But, that's just irritating. The bigger complaint I have is about the ability to pick up other players and throw them around. This idea, by itself, just makes me wonder what on earth is happening in the development team. I don't understand how this feature is entertaining for anyone, even the immortal people. Maybe some people get a magic rush of dopamine watching people fly into the void and respawn at spawn? The whole idea confuses me. "Stacker" should be for everyone else on the server, and people with ranks should have immunity from this thing so they don't have to suffer. It seems completely backwards to me. Half the time I get picked up and tossed, I get kicked from the server. I don't even see any way to turn this "stacker" ability/game thing off. Which, if you do, for the love of everything that exists, make the default setting OFF. I'd just like to see what other people think. I don't know if I'm crazy or what. Thanks for reading.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    Vaxas and mab8400 like this.
  2. Many people talk about having an enable and disable feature in /prefs, a lot of people agree with this idea. I don't think only having only non ranks get picked up isn't fair either. As for the join message, many players also say people with Immortal rank should be able to disable their join message in /prefs as well. There are a lot of features that are a bit questionable, but you have to remember that if you remove too many perks that are exclusive to the rank, people lose inerest in buying the rank.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    Vaxas and Sean ✩ like this.
  3. I've seen similar concerns regarding the recent update regarding stacker and other features that were implemented and just want to say thanks for bringing up your personal concerns. I can definitely agree that stacker can be annoying at times but disabling it would ruin the fun for others. Anyway, a preference for disabling stacker was denied by Production so I thought I'd mention it here.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  4. I completely agree.
    When a party of 8 join lobby 1 it just spams the chat in the lobby and I have to scroll up to read the other chats which is annoying

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  5. I mean, the real issue with Immortal is that it blatantly goes against minecraft's EULA, but no one seems to care. I feel like the new rank was a test to see how far mineplex could go in breaking the EULA.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  6. As this point is valid, it is highly over-used.
    I'm sure this is very untrue. Mineplex, I'm sure, had no intentions of breaking the EULA (do not have proof to back up this point, but I'm taking a wild guess) and the inference you're making here, seems very immature, especially for a server that has been around for around 6-7 years.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  7. They very much knew that they broke the EULA, because the gem and xp boost has been turned down repeatedly for going against the EULA so they had to know its against the EULA and since they did then even if they weren't seeing how far they could cross the line, they still knew that they crossed the line

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  8. I personally think the join message could be disabled via /prefs however, the stacker used to be available to everybody but was removed. It was then readded for immortal only, however, I think you could possibly find the ability to stack people for a few seconds by finding a stacker in an old chest. In addition to any EULA concerns Mineplex is an official Minecraft partner so I am sure Mineplex received approval.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Korben (gone) likes this.
  9. I did type (no proof to back up this point), but ok. Nevertheless, thanks for letting me know.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  10. Personally, I loved stacker and I can definitely see why people would like it. I've seen suggestions before for stacker, mostly suggestions to add it back for everyone. I'd agree with that, but I suppose having it at all is a decent compromise. Also, another problem with stacker, is that it's just too different. I'm pretty sure you were able to stack multiple different players/animals, but now it's only one. Not to mention that there aren't animals all over the spawn islands anymore. So, in my opinion, I think it’d be nice to have for everyone with those features back.

As for the join message, I have a feeling it'll be removed at some point. Back when Legend came out, there would be a join message. It was removed rather quickly if I remember correctly, as people had complained about it. I don't like it to be honest. I think in the very least, it should be able to be turned off for immortals. That way, immortals can choose to have themselves announced or not. It might decrease the spam of all the join messages.

Overall, I agree that there are issues and that these couple are some of those!

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  11. I fail to see how this would spam the chat. There is a party limit for the amount of players that can be in one. Join messages have always been visible in any other game server and it is not much different in a lobby. Mind giving some examples of some rank perks that can be irritating to others?

I agree that there should be a preference to disable stacker. The default setting for that feature is fine either way. I, myself have also been a victim of stacking as it takes the fun out of the game when you repeatedly have to tell others to stop. Not everybody likes to be stacked and thrown and a /pref would make both parties happy.

Having the possibility to be kicked after being thrown is also a big no from me. Unfortunately, Mineplex is short of an anti-cheat developer so it may stay that way for a while. GWEN clearly still needs a lot of work, ranging from annoying kicks to false bans.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Mar 1, 2020
    24OO and mab8400 like this.