• 1960 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4539 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Conquest

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by _Prof_, Jan 13, 2020.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This game will be a mix of Champions and Castle Siege. Champions kits and abilities will be used and there is a attacking and defending team. 20/40 players will be required to start. There are two teams, Assault (attacking; red) and Resistance (defending; blue). When the game starts, Assault starts in a large crypt, 50 blocks away from the first point.

Assault starts with 8 minutes to capture the first beacon and then get 5 additional for every successful onslaught and the spawn will be set at the last captured point 5 seconds after death. When time runs out, Resistance wins. Resistance players will spawn 10-20 blocks behind the beacon Assault is trying to capture 10 seconds after death. Every map will have 8 beacons to annex, each being about 50 blocks apart. Beacons cannot be reset after progress has been made on it. On the last beacon, Resistance will have NPCs giving them a hand who spawn in the same area as Resistance players with identical cooldowns and a turret, mounted 30 blocks behind the beacon which lobs TNT at the nearest Assault player. The NPCs are Resistance Knight (iron armour zombie; iron sword), Resistance Marksman (golden armour skeleton; bow and arrows), Resistance Bomber (creeper), and Resistance Rogue (armourless zombie pigman; speed 1, diamond sword).

Miscellaneous:
    -Game type: Harcore
    -Server template: CQ-#
    -Gems: 10/kill, 5/assist, 50/captured point, 50/defended point
    -Game symbol: Blue stained glass

Posted Jan 13, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 13, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  2. Hey!
    Overall I like the idea, along with the effort you put towards this thread, however I don't think it's practical to implement it. I feel like if this game needed 30-40 players it would never start. Take Bridges for example, it's a popular game on Mineplex but it still struggles to fill up a queue fast and it has a decently sized player base. I think this game is a cool idea and I like the concept, however I don't think it adds enough to get enough players to play it and get the game queue filled enough to start the game. I also think with the low amount of players already on Champions plus the lack of players on Castle siege before it was removed kind of shows that if we added the two together it wouldn't really have a significant player base. Like I said I do think it's a really cool idea and a really cool mash up of the games, I just don't see the player base being large enough to fill the queues.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. Hey there!

Interesting combination, but I won’t be supporting this sadly. Here’s why:

Champions kits are already used in Clans and all the different Champions versions. I feel like adding another game mode that uses champions kits would be a bit too much. For those of us that prefer regular pvp and would rather not use champions kits, making a new game mode that has those kits used would make some of us upset because maybe we would enjoy the new game mode if it wasn’t champions related.

That is the main reason as to why I don’t support it; thanks for suggesting and have a good day!

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  4. Changed to 20/40 to start like The Bridges

Team Deathmatch is no longer a standalone game and the amount of players who want to back from just MPS are not little. This can act as a replacement until Mineplex hits over 5k+ again. Furthermore, the Champions community has gone downhill from a few years ago, now only filling up during the prime hours of the day. Castle Siege may not have a large playerbase either but if we combine the two, I see hope. This game is also meant to help revive both games and rehype both communities, because they are in desperate need of it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2020
    Ender Rivka likes this.
  5. As someone who really enjoyed Castle Siege when it was around, I would really enjoy a game like this. In some ways, it's even better than Castle Siege in that it uses all of the cool Champions abilities (which I suck at but really like), and has more objectives than just simply killing the king.

One issue of the game might be length. The maximum game time will be up to (5x7 + 8) 43 minutes which I feel might be too long for most people, especially people who don't have enough time to play a game for 40 minutes or people who just don't have the attention span. I don't quite remember how long a game of Castle Siege took but I'm pretty sure it was 10-20 minutes and that even felt a bit long for me.

As other players have mentioned above, there might also be issues with player count. I personally think that 20 players will be okay, but Mineplex should do some sort of poll to see if players would actually play the game, etc, before developing it.

Would all Champions kits/abilities be allowed? I could see some issues with Mage's ice dome being OP, it's fine in Domination because the other team can just reclaim the checkpoint, but that can't be done here. For this reason, ice dome should probably not be allowed.

Otherwise, I think this would be a really good idea. Hopefully Mineplex adds this but they probably won't because they haven't added a community suggested game ever/in a long time. I fully support it though.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Sounds interesting. I've always liked champions and bringing back castle siege would be nice.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. seems cool!

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    Gzen (away) and _Prof_ like this.