• 388 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3975 Players Online
  • 3587 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Country Farm + Fairytale Home

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by maevestarbaby, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Two new builds for you all today! You guessed it, no internet.

1. Country Farm
    - Includes a chicken coop which design I came up completely myself (minus the nests, I have seen that before)
    - Reduced the amount of environment detail. I wanted to make it quick and simple. I was thinking of adding more crops but I decided that that would make it messy, so I only kept wheat
    - Every animal is named:
    • Horse - Sir Neighs a Lot
    • Cow 1 + 2 - Boe and Moe
    • Chicken 1 + 2 + 3 - Sícín a hAon, Sícín a Dó, agus Sícín a Trí (Chicken 1, 2, and 3 in Irish)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Fairytale Home
    - Felt sentimental and built a big big home for my boyfriend and I. Probably not something we will end up living in - but despite that, I wanted to build something beautiful!
    - In my last big home build, I was told I should go for more interesting layouts. Here you go
    - I don't take breaks when I build (bad) so I got very tired at the end. Results in unfinished, kind of ugly interior (there are four floors including basement!) so I don't have many images
    - If you remember my cosy bar build, this is on top of the very tall mountain to the left of it
    - I realise there are some slight mistakes as I was going through multiple versions of this. Ignore em

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] (top of the grand staircase)

Posted Jan 31, 2021
    Kight, Fusafez, 510bike and 2 others like this.
  2. cute

Posted Jan 31, 2021
    Kight, Labiss and maevestarbaby like this.
  3. Wow! These pictures look stunning :)
    I really like the amount of detail you've put into these builds as it
    makes them more elegant!

Posted Feb 1, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  4. Wow! Those are both amazing! I can completely relate on not stopping while building, and especially on interior designs not looking the best. I usually leave interior designs to my friend, as I'm more of an exterior designer. Keep up the good work!

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  5. Very cosy

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  6. That looks fantastic, and I love it! It looks very detailed and creative overall :)

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  7. I am just now seeing this, but wow! These builds are really nice. I love all the small details in the farm, and the fairytale home looks very nice in that location. Really amazing work, thank you for posting this!

Posted Feb 26, 2021
  8. Hi there!
    These builds look great! I love that even though they are on the small side there is still a lot of detail. They also give a very cozy feeling. Thanks for sharing :)

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  9. Salutations, maevestarbaby!

First and foremost, phenomenal job - the architectural design is on point. Everything from lighting to your block palette fits well with the cozy vibes. As far as your Farm build goes, the scarecrow is my favorite detail you added. Like it has a hecking hat! I would love to see some landscaping in your build, but nevertheless, it's still amazing.

The Fairytale Home is absolutely stunning from the design to its landscape. I enjoy the fact that the home is built upon a high cliff to overlook the Minecraft World. Phenomenal job, once again and I cannot wait to see more builds from you!

With regards,
    FabianTuck

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  10. Ty <3
    Thank you, I try. Not good at anything huge but instead really enjoy focusing on little details
    Yesss someone who understands, I cannot handle stopping I must finish in one sitting
    I try my best, I love cosy builds
    Ty!
    I appreciate it, I always love working on things like this
    What I try to do <3 Thank you
    I saw the scarecrow design years ago, it's so simple, just string all around the jack-o-lantern and then carpets on top, and you can't even notice the string unless you're super up close. Definitely my favourite little detail also

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 1, 2021
  11. I love these builds, they're so pretty and detailed. My favourite of the two is Fairytail Home as it's a really nice design and reminds me of the Harry Potter castle :') Also the fact it's on top of a mountain makes it 100x better, the scenery really goes!!

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  12. These are fun little builds!! One of my favorite details is the use of coral as nests in the chicken coop! My suggestion to improve the Fairytale home would to be add some sandstone into the birch. Having it all 1 block is fine, but adding that secondary block could add a lot more detail into the build. Nice job!

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  13. Thank you for the suggestion, should I just sprinkle it around the birch or have some pattern? I always want to improve thank you!

And thank you @outlloved for the kind words also :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021
  14. I believe having the sandstone in the middle of the walls and the birch planks lining the sides could look nice. Having it in random places could possibly take away from the overall structure of the build hahaha

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  15. I love both of them!
    The pictures only make it look better.
    I really wish I could build as good as you.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Ryan9116 likes this.