• 497 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 497 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Crafting Tables Should Be Protected Blocks

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by Loofii, Mar 18, 2020.

?

Should crafting tables be made into protected blocks?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    75.9%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. In an ideal world, there would be no need for any protected blocks in Bridges. Ones teammates would never use or break their allies' items for their own advantage, and a team would live in happy harmony.

As most Bridges players recognize, we do not live in that world. Unless one solely plays with their friends, ones teammates will, at times, attempt to harm their teammates for their own personal gain. One easy way that these players accomplish this is by waiting for an ally to walk up to their crafting table and, when they see their ally pause (indicating that the crafting table GUI is open) they destroy the crafting table, darting in to steal their ally's items.

This is naturally a rather frustrating experience (and against the rules under Gameplay Trolling) but oftentimes there's not much the victim can do besides try to gather up the materials they lost again and find a more hidden place to do their crafting, losing precious time in a game where how fast you find resources directly impacts the outcome of the match.

I am fairly certain that crafting tables used to be protected, however, under the Bridges update it appears this feature has been removed. I feel that it should be reinstated to protect players from situations like this.

Naturally, there are downsides to this as well. There is a limited number of protected blocks that can be placed, and a crafting table is one that is oftentimes picked up and moved, which means that it takes up a significantly higher amount of these slots as the crafting table is placed repeatedly with a player throughout their mining. Additionally, it would make protected blocks more resourcefully accessible (since the time it takes to create them is less than that of a furnace) which could open the possibility of trolling a teammate by trapping them using protected blocks or cutting them off from resources.

Still, I feel like these downsides do not outweigh the benefit of protected resources from potential trolls. As long as one keeps an eye on their protected block count and manages resources carefully, they can overcome any excess placing of their protected blocks. Further, the effort trolls would have to put into trolling via mass placement of easily accessible crafting tables is greater than the effort that it takes to break someone's table while they're using it.

What are y'alls thoughts on crafting tables being reinstated as protected blocks?

Posted Mar 18, 2020
    Party and FluteVegetables like this.
  2. I agree it can be quite annoying when someone just breaks your crafting table out of nowhere. I hope Mineplex does make crafting tables into protected blocks as it would make everyone's gameplay experience much easier but we'll see what happens. +1 from me.

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  3. I really think that this is a good idea and I believe that it should be implemented into the game. +1 from me

Posted Mar 18, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  4. I'd agree in saying that the crafting tables should be protected. It can be very annoying having a player break the table while you're crafting and getting your resources stolen.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be even better if we could make it so all crafting tables could be used, but only the owner of the crafting table could break it, and only if nobody else is using it. I know sometimes I'll place my crafting table down in the cave where I'm mining and will forget to bring it back up with me. So I'll use one that was made by another player up on the surface.

Hopefully this can be changed so people will no longer have to deal with these trolls. :gwen:

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  5. Hey!

I definitely agree with this idea. Making it to where crafting tables can't be broke is very helpful to the people using it. People can easily troll and break it while someone is crafting something that is helpful for the person crafting something or someone else. I also agree with @AttemptOne that the crafting table can be only broken by you but anyone in the game can use it. Adding this does prevent trolling and people stealing your things so I give this a +1, thanks for suggesting this idea!

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  6. Yes! This has happened to me so many times! We need these to be protected, or trolling your own teammates will become common.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  7. Crafting Tables indeed used to be protected. I wish they were still protected to prevent people stealing diamonds after breaking them.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  8. I think they should definitely be protected. My crafting table has been broken countless times while I am in the midst of crafting something. It is very frustrating.

Posted Apr 14, 2020
  9. Crafting tables shouldn't be protected because most teammates are really bad at pvp and it makes more sense if those bad players give me their stuff via breaking their crafting table its a really good addition to the game tbh you should make it allowed if ur breaking a noobs crafting table.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    Grant138 likes this.
  10. You're joking right? Just because a player is not as good as you doesn't mean you can ruin a game experience for them... I honestly hope im being a blockhead right now and not getting a joke because this seems ridiculous. Players should be able to enjoy the game with their team and not have to worry about said team taking advantage of their hard work.

Posted Apr 16, 2020
  11. Hi there!

I completely agree with you! I completely understand the frustration when a player breaks the crafting table I'm using, therefore getting my items. I think that making crafting tables a protected item again would be a great idea and solves this problem.

On another note, I would like to respond to the quote below:
    I think that stealing items by breaking crafting tables should be punishable as a gameplay trolling offence. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand your frustration that you want to win video games and therefore think that the "noob" players should give the better items to you, but some people are just out here to enjoy the game. Please don't ruin it for them.

VernCow~

Posted Apr 16, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
    Posted Apr 16, 2020
  13. Crafting tables should be protected... and there should be an added gameplay offense for breaking them/taking the stuff from them that another player had.

Posted Apr 16, 2020